Disney Nursery

MKCustodial

Original Poster
With the baby on the way, I obviously wanna create a Disney decor for the little rugrat. Now, instead of characters, I wanted to go for a WDW theme. I remember some time ago, someone posted pics of their baby's nursery here, it was Lion King themed. My question is: you guys know any sites on the web where I can get some inspiration, or maybe a nice WDW picture or spread that I could use as a model? You know, like the 2000 mug, that would make a great mural, but it's too crowded with all the characters and all. So maybe something along the lines of the "4 parks, 1 World" products?

S_Grise

Good luck on this. Unless you're an artist or can hire an artist, you'll be hard pressed to find such products ready-made. My SIL wanted to do something like this and finally gave up and did the princess theme in her 8th month. Good thing, since the baby was 3 weeks early... I hope it works out for you. Keep us posted!!!

tigsmom

MKCustodial said:
With the baby on the way, I obviously wanna create a Disney decor for the little rugrat. Now, instead of characters, I wanted to go for a WDW theme. I remember some time ago, someone posted pics of their baby's nursery here, it was Lion King themed. My question is: you guys know any sites on the web where I can get some inspiration, or maybe a nice WDW picture or spread that I could use as a model? You know, like the 2000 mug, that would make a great mural, but it's too crowded with all the characters and all. So maybe something along the lines of the "4 parks, 1 World" products?

Lookie what I found! The pictures mentioned don't seem to be there anymore, but you could contact him & see what happens. Good Luck!

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=9453&highlight=lion+king+nursery

MKCustodial

Original Poster
S_Grise said:
Good luck on this. Unless you're an artist or can hire an artist, you'll be hard pressed to find such products ready-made. My SIL wanted to do something like this and finally gave up and did the princess theme in her 8th month. Good thing, since the baby was 3 weeks early... I hope it works out for you. Keep us posted!!!

Yeah, the wife knows someone who knows someone. So here's hoping I don't get a mutated Castle of some sorte... :lol:We'd NEVER find out anything "official" or ready-made down here, and if we did we 'd have to sell the house in order to get it. :rolleyes:

tigsmom said:
Lookie what I found!

That's the one, Tigsmom! Thanks! :kiss:

TAC

Ah! If you follow the links, and look around, http://www.jacksonfamilyhomepage.com/gallery/MovingIn you can find some pictures of the Lion King mural. I don't know if there are any pictures of the whole mural or if those are the original pictures from the thread.

You could also try: www.jacksonfamilyhomepage.com go to the photo galleries, and look around.

:wave:

tigsmom said:
Lookie what I found! The pictures mentioned don't seem to be there anymore, but you could contact him & see what happens. Good Luck!

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=9453&highlight=lion+king+nursery

hcswingfield

Home Depot has a selection of Disney themed wall stencils and wall stickers, along with the Disney paint colors. A neat trick for doing a mural is to print an image on transparency paper and then use an overhead projector to enlarge it to your desired size on the wall. Then just trace the image on the wall and color it in with paint!

hcswingfield

I just realized you live in Rio de Janeiro. Do they have Home Depot there? What kind of image are you looking for? Do they have a Disney store? You might be able to lift an image from some of the products there. Also you could try the online Disney stores to order some artwork or product that might have some good images. You could also possibly get some artwork by "freeze-framing" a DVD and photographing the image.

hcswingfield

WDWFREAK53 said:
Here's a mural that I painted in my nephew's nursery...it's all paint...and outside the "window" is Cindy's castle.

Your nephew is one lucky boy!! Do you do this professionally? You could make big bucks! Great work!

WDWFREAK53

tigsmom said:
Brian, that is beautiful! I had no idea you were so talented! :sohappy:

Thank ya...well, we'll see. My friend wants 1 of 2 things for her baby's room.
(She doesn't find out what it is until September)

If it's a girl she wants a Disney Princess theme
If it's a boy, she wants me to paint Fenway Park on the wall...as if you're standing at home plate.

WDWFREAK53

hcswingfield said:
Your nephew is one lucky boy!! Do you do this professionally? You could make big bucks! Great work!

Thanks, I have a couple lined up to do...

Actually, my friend just started a remodeling business and he's been tossing my name around for me. I'd like to do it on the side for now.

tigsmom

WDWFREAK53 said:
Thank ya...well, we'll see. My friend wants 1 of 2 things for her baby's room.
(She doesn't find out what it is until September)

If it's a girl she wants a Disney Princess theme
If it's a boy, she wants me to paint Fenway Park on the wall...as if you're standing at home plate.

How cool would that be?! Either way you will have to post pictures for us.

Now katie wants a baseball mural for her room. :lol:

WDWFREAK53

tigsmom said:
How cool would that be?! Either way you will have to post pictures for us.

Now katie wants a baseball mural for her room. :lol:

I'll gladly paint Fenway in her room! Maybe a picture taken the day they lowered the banner... ;)

(I kid)

tigsmom

WDWFREAK53 said:
I'll gladly paint Fenway in her room! Maybe a picture taken the day they lowered the banner... ;)

(I kid)

Yeah, you would never get in the house with those plans. :lol:

TAC

They also have a series of interior doors. Mickey, Pooh, and Nemo.

hcswingfield said:
Home Depot has a selection of Disney themed wall stencils and wall stickers, along with the Disney paint colors. A neat trick for doing a mural is to print an image on transparency paper and then use an overhead projector to enlarge it to your desired size on the wall. Then just trace the image on the wall and color it in with paint!

TAC

Years ago, I think it was a commercial for paint or something, but they showed a room starting from the corner that you walked in from, that was hardwood (had to be for the effect). On the floor was a baseball diamond, bases, lines, dirt, green around that, then an outfield (all on the floor). Then, two walls had wood wainscoting (outfield fence), two flag poles were painted in the two 'end' corners. Then the crowd was there behind the fence (not clear faces, just lots of different 'people')

Just an idea for you!

:wave:

WDWFREAK53 said:

Erika

WDWFREAK53 said:
Thanks, I have a couple lined up to do...

Actually, my friend just started a remodeling business and he's been tossing my name around for me. I'd like to do it on the side for now.

:D Good for you, Bri! It's a fun job and I know you can do really well at it. I wouldn't want to do anything else!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom