News Disney Not Renewing Great Movie Ride Sponsorship Deal with TCM ; Attraction to Close

ProjectXBlog

Yes, he was. Using a flat earth example was a direct attempt to impugn the validity of opinions that are in opposition to the opinion favored by the poster. Invoking the flat earth example is a corollary to Godwin's law.

But let's not forget that it is simply a matter of opinion as to whether or not one might be happy or sad to see the GMR and Energy "take the knife". There is no right or wrong opinion on this matter.

bruh
BE-21-architect.jpg

BrerJon

Wow. So a net gain of zero attractions here. *** is Disney doing?

Disney never adds attractions, the goal of any new land is a net gain of zero. Whatever they open, something will have closed in the previous years to balance it out.

As for replacing GMR... I don't know what Imagineering is smoking these days, but I do wonder if those who dare to call themselves Imagineers have ever even heard of Walt Disney or the WDI of old, given how poor their ideas and sense of theming are.

A Mickey ride? How does that fit the theme of the park? It would work in Fantasyland, or even Main Street, but in DHS seems like it could be just a desperate attempt by Imagineering to get them to bring back their beloved giant Fantasia ear-hat.

BrerJon

I'm not sure if the imaginners are smoking something but you definietly are if you think Disney never adds attractions.

I mean the net gain. The Disney process is close a few things, wait a year or two (or more), then build their replacements as the new attractions, but there's rarely a gain in pure numbers.

MagicHappens1971

I mean the net gain. The Disney process is close a few things, wait a year or two (or more), then build their replacements as the new attractions, but there's rarely a gain in pure numbers.
Rarley and never are two different things. But it's not even that rare.
Now I included shops and resturants for the purpose of this. FLE had a net gain of about 3 or 4 shops/attractions/food. This is just an example and I'm sure there's bettter ones.
FLE:
  1. Ariel's Grotto
  2. Ariel's Undersea Advenutre
  3. Be Our Guest
  4. Belle's little village
  5. Enchanted Tales with Belle
  6. Gaston's Tavern
  7. Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
  8. Pete's Sillyside Show
  9. Casey Jr Splash
  10. Princess Fairytale Hall
  11. The Great Goofini
  12. Prince Eric’s Village Market
  13. Tangled Themed Bathrooms
  14. Big Top Souvineers
  15. Bonjur! Village Gifts
  16. Dumbo (Kinda)

ToonTown:
  1. The Barnstormer at Goofy's Wiseacre Farm
  2. Donald's Boat
  3. Judge's Tent
  4. Mickey's Country House
  5. Mickey's Magical TV World
  6. Minnie's Country House
  7. Pixie Hollow
  8. Toontown Hall of Fame
  9. Cornelius Coot's County Bounty
  10. Mickey's Toontown Fair Souvenirs
  11. Toontown Farmer's Market
  12. (Was in FL) Snow White's Scary Adventures

RobidaFlats

Rarley and never are two different things. But it's not even that rare.
Now I included shops and resturants for the purpose of this. FLE had a net gain of about 3 or 4 shops/attractions/food. This is just an example and I'm sure there's bettter ones.
FLE:
  1. Ariel's Grotto
  2. Ariel's Undersea Advenutre
  3. Be Our Guest
  4. Belle's little village
  5. Enchanted Tales with Belle
  6. Gaston's Tavern
  7. Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
  8. Pete's Sillyside Show
  9. Casey Jr Splash
  10. Princess Fairytale Hall
  11. The Great Goofini
  12. Prince Eric’s Village Market
  13. Tangled Themed Bathrooms
  14. Big Top Souvineers
  15. Bonjur! Village Gifts
  16. Dumbo (Kinda)

ToonTown:
  1. The Barnstormer at Goofy's Wiseacre Farm
  2. Donald's Boat
  3. Judge's Tent
  4. Mickey's Country House
  5. Mickey's Magical TV World
  6. Minnie's Country House
  7. Pixie Hollow
  8. Toontown Hall of Fame
  9. Cornelius Coot's County Bounty
  10. Mickey's Toontown Fair Souvenirs
  11. Toontown Farmer's Market
  12. (Was in FL) Snow White's Scary Adventures

I would also add the Skyway and 20,000 Leagues as casualties in the Fantasyland area.

RobidaFlats

I'm not sure about the Peter Pan bathrooms.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think they were sacrificed for the expanded queue for Peter Pan. I'm sure someone knows for certain.

If that is the case though, the list that you provided ends up being only one new addition, and as you mentioned, it's only a sort of addition since it was the doubling of Dumbo. I'm not saying that your list is 100% comprehensive and we may have missed things, but it doesn't paint a picture of much truly added.

Biff215

I think the point trying to be made in this thread is that Disney has a chance here to add an attraction to DHS but instead they are replacing GMR. Put a little money and effort into GMR and it can be great again, while potentially adding Mickey as the anchor to the animation area once Launch Bay closes (they could likely build the show building and install the ride while Launch Bay stays in front for now if they wanted to). Instead they are choosing to reduce cast needed, lose ride time, and save on construction costs. Not to mention losing a classic attraction that anchors the park.

Sorry, but I can't defend them on this one if it goes this way, no matter how great the Mickey ride may be.

Biff215

I'm not 100% sure, but I think they were sacrificed for the expanded queue for Peter Pan. I'm sure someone knows for certain.

If that is the case though, the list that you provided ends up being only one new addition, and as you mentioned, it's only a sort of addition since it was the doubling of Dumbo. I'm not saying that your list is 100% comprehensive and we may have missed things, but it doesn't paint a picture of much truly added.
Correct, the old Pan bathrooms are now the extended queue.

Bocabear

So by the time SWL opens in late 2019 (hopefully) we will have the Mickey e ticket and new entertainment and shows day and night. Hopefully this stuff along with TSL will be enough to take stress off of SWL but i'm not so sure it will.
Well...2016 is more than half over, No meaningful construction has commenced on SWL or TSL, just some preliminary demo The GMR replacement has not even been verified or announced yet, and it has previously been stated that SWL at DHS will not open untl after the Disneyland version debuts... Add to that, an overlay for an existing ride too just shy of two years, and I have no idea how they will possibly have ANY of these projects up and running by 2019...except for maybe Avatarland at DAK...

dizneycrazy09

This post can be directed to anyone in the know, but specifically @marni1971:

I'm curious about the rate and ferocity that these rumors have been coming as of late. Overall, Disney is generally pretty tight lipped when it comes to things, but gosh, I have to wonder if they're really that upset about these rumors "leaking" like they seem to be.

I've been reading LOTS of articles that are signaling a decline in attendance at WDW and attributing it to the lack of new attractions. It seems as though even the pixie dusters are starting to get sore noses and realizing the state of the parks.

What I'm getting at is this - are these rumors being started, leaked, perpetuated, etc. as a form of damage control to steer the conversation towards what could be coming as opposed to what hasn't been?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom