Disney No Longer Including Appetizers for Deluxe Dining Plan

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Directly from the WDW Dining site today: Boma pricing
$$ ($15 to $29.99 per adult) - $$$ ($30 to $59.99 per adult)
I will guess the first range is for breakfast, and the second range is for dinner. I also note their information tag that says that taxes are not included.
They must have made changes to the pricing in the last few months as even on Disney's official site earlier this year that was not the price range. The site I usually use figures out the tax and then gives you the range as to why in my initial post I put that info. Thanks for the update! :)

sxeensweet

I don't know what to tell you Dave. I just bought it and it was $100. Not to mention, it clearly says it on their webpage:

"$125 for Florida Residents
$100 for Annual / Seasonal Passholders and Disney Vacation Club Members
Add a second membership for your spouse or partner for only $50 more!

To purchase a Tables in Wonderland membership, visit Guest Relations, located at all four Theme Parks and Downtown Disney® area. You must be 21 years old or older to purchase."
http://tablesinwonderland.com

Maybe you told them you were a Florida resident and forgot to tell them you were an AP member? Or they just charged you incorrectly. Whatever the case may be, it's $100.
Correct I just checked too as to why I deleted my other 2 posts saying @PhotoDave219 was correct. I could have sworn it had went up again last year for us DVC members and passholders but it is definately still $100 for those 2. :)

PhotoDave219

I don't know what to tell you Dave. I just bought it and it was $100. Not to mention, it clearly says it on their webpage:

"$125 for Florida Residents
$100 for Annual / Seasonal Passholders and Disney Vacation Club Members
Add a second membership for your spouse or partner for only $50 more!

To purchase a Tables in Wonderland membership, visit Guest Relations, located at all four Theme Parks and Downtown Disney® area. You must be 21 years old or older to purchase."
http://tablesinwonderland.com

Maybe you told them you were a Florida resident and forgot to tell them you were an AP member? Or they just charged you incorrectly. Whatever the case may be, it's $100.

Clearly I was charged wrong. Goddammed College Program idiots.

This is why you can't have CPs in Guest Relations.

betty rose

You probably know this but just in case... they always have a sugar free option for deserts at all locations on the menu at TS and QS locations. Yes I know it's still not a great idea even though it's sugar free but those options are there for people having to watch their sugar. Appetizers depending on what's in it may not be best for diabetics either as carbs will turn into sugar as well. Have family members with diabetes and see a lot of what they shouldnt have when we go eat. Also maybe if you told them you/family member are diabetic (if you are I don't know of course lol) they might let you substitute for an appitizer instead of desert. Never hurts to ask. :)
I will try asking , as both hubby and I are recovering diabetics, type 2. We have both lost 30 lbs, mine, due to a tumor on a gland, and hubby due to "our diet". I just usually just don't do any plan, as we know what is best for us. I very much appreciate all information about how people accommodate their eating restrictions. Glad to know, if we ask Disney will help. Thanks, for your imput!

PhotoDave219

I will try asking , as both hubby and I are recovering diabetics, type 2. We have both lost 30 lbs, mine, due to a tumor on a gland, and hubby due to "our diet". I just usually just don't do any plan, as we know what is best for us. I very much appreciate all information about how people accommodate their eating restrictions. Glad to know, if we ask Disney will help. Thanks, for your imput!

Disney will accommodate most any dietary issue, just as long as you let them know when you make the reservation and check in. I've dined with many a friend with food issues and allergies and its never been a problem, especially once you learn the system.

AEfx

Would you like me to pull out my credit card statement? Seriously. I paid $125 the last time and it was $50 to replace your card if you lost it.

Srsly? $50 for a replacement card? If you forgot/lost yours you used to be able to go to Epcot Guest Relations and just get a temporary one until you got a new one in the mail - free. Or if you were going to be around you could pick up your replacement card there a few days later. I do remember that it had to be Epcot Guest Relations for whatever reason, but $50? That's just...ridiculous.

AEfx

Disney will accommodate most any dietary issue, just as long as you let them know when you make the reservation and check in. I've dined with many a friend with food issues and allergies and its never been a problem, especially once you learn the system.

This is very true, and the chefs (well, most of them) seem to love it. Particularly if you have marked on your reservation your requirements, they will often have a totally unique dish built for you. The reason they like it is because they make the same dang 5 dishes all the time and welcome the chance to make something new and different and exercise their chef skills and creativity. I've had a few experiences with friends but I've also read countless ones where people just raved about it - you rarely hear folks (even those that don't put it on the reservation) complain about it once they let them know.

PhotoDave219

Srsly? $50 for a replacement card? If you forgot/lost yours you used to be able to go to Epcot Guest Relations and just get a temporary one until you got a new one in the mail - free. Or if you were going to be around you could pick up your replacement card there a few days later. I do remember that it had to be Epcot Guest Relations for whatever reason, but $50? That's just...ridiculous.

Correct. But 2-3 years ago, they made it that if you lost your card, they would charge you for a replacement.

sxeensweet

Yes agree they are great about this at Disney. The sugar free deserts actually for those at least, are already on the menus at TS and QS locations. Usually one desert on those menus will say it's sugar free.
As for other foods and issues yes it is best to let them know ahead of time. But even if you forget to ahead of time they can accomadate you at the TS and QS locations with most dietary issues. :)

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Directly from the WDW Dining site today: Boma pricing
$$ ($15 to $29.99 per adult) - $$$ ($30 to $59.99 per adult)
I will guess the first range is for breakfast, and the second range is for dinner. I also note their information tag that says that taxes are not included.

Jumpin Jeosephat, I distinctly remember someone saying Boma could not be 48 bucks+Tax when I was there I'm sure glad I missed the 'peak pricing' option of $59.99 for a BUFFET!!!!. I find that pricing for what you are getting these days to be OBSCENE, not merely 'overpriced'. When I saw 48 bucks+tax PP I simply headed to the Mara and got some African Stew $9 bucks and some butternut squash soup 4 bucks.

I was very sad that day as Boma has always been one of my favorites but there was no way I could justify to myself spending that much for a BUFFET. Passed on Jiko as DW and parents do not have very sophisticated palate's so the Mara got a lot of business from us in May.

Mouse_Trap

If the tip isn't included and you've already paid for 95% of your dining costs, you must be a really crappy tipper. I don't care how you choose to eat or spend your money, but stiffing your server is not okay.

Tipping or a gratuity is optional, if it wasn't it would be included in the cheque.

If I got free dining, I wouldn't tip on food I didn't pay for. Tip on what you were charged.

If you don't like it then you don't work for a place which gives 'free' meals....or one that requires tips.

The server still gets paid either way.

andysol

Original Poster
Tipping or a gratuity is optional, if it wasn't it would be included in the cheque.

If I got free dining, I wouldn't tip on food I didn't pay for. Tip on what you were charged.

If you don't like it then you don't work for a place which gives 'free' meals....or one that requires tips.

I've never been a server but your assumptions and entire post are ridiculous. They get paid peanuts (well less than minimum wage- I believe around a 3rd of minimum wage) and fully rely on tips.

"If you don't like it then don't work for a place that requires tips". I don't even know what to say to that.

Here's hoping you or your family never have to wait tables and that all your customers are just like you.

You're spending thousands of dollars of dollars on a trip and you can't pay somebody $15 on a $100 tab?
There's a word for that- actually several- entitled, selfish, inconsiderate, clueless, rude, cheap, etc.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I've never been a server but your assumptions and entire post are ridiculous. They get paid peanuts (well less than minimum wage- I believe around a 3rd of minimum wage) and fully rely on tips.

"If you don't like it then don't work for a place that requires tips". I don't even know what to say to that.

Here's hoping you or your family never have to wait tables and that all your customers are just like you.
There's a word for it- actually several- entitled, selfish, inconsiderate, clueless, rude, cheap, etc.
They get paid at least minimum wage through a combination of tips and wages. If their tipped wage (which is lower in many states) and reported tips do not equal at least minimum wage, the employer is to make up the difference.

Not saying it's great pay, but just being clear. Tipped employees do not ever make less than minimum wage (whatever it is for that state).

andysol

Original Poster
They get paid at least minimum wage through a combination of tips and wages. If their tipped wage (which is lower in many states) and reported tips do not equal at least minimum wage, the employer is to make up the difference.

Not saying it's great pay, but just being clear. Tipped employees do not ever make less than minimum wage (whatever it is for that state).

Sorry- like I said- never been a server :)

I do know that id very much prefer to not have someone who is ok making minimum wage because that's the only job they can get to serve me when I'm paying $200+ for a meal for my family at Jiko.

Guys like him are unbelievable. I can't believe people like that exist sometimes. Although there's people who crap on streets and get in fights over $4 toasters on Black Friday, so nothing should shock me when it comes to low/no class.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member

That's the one of the most asinine things I think I have heard on this topic.

Last edited:

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult

I guess you have never heard the phrase that "there is no free lunch"?

Free dining is not really free... You are certainly paying for it in other ways. You may not see it but Disney is certainly getting money for the food you are stuffing your face with.

By stiffing the servers your are just being exactly what @andysol so eloquently described.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom