News Disney names D’Amaro as Chairman Disney Parks Experiences and Products

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
I think at the minute the biggest concern is getting the parks running again, and I think he would have been invaluable to that effort on the ground. And what a difficult time for a new guy to come into WDW.

Congrats to Josh, but sorry to see him go.
Do you think that such an important and sensitive task will be left to handle to local leadership? I get the feeling that Burbank will be calling the shots or micromanaging everything critical at all their parks for a while. It's just a question of putting people in who will follow and execute their orders competently.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Do you think that such an important and sensitive task will be left to handle to local leadership? I get the feeling that Burbank will be calling the shots or micromanaging everything critical at all their parks for a while. It's just a question of putting people in who will follow and execute their orders competently.
Yeah the local leaders are having a big say on how things are done. Even if that wasn't the case, Josh brought a great deal of CM loyalty and trust. I think his departure will be a blow to moral at WDW.

Lilofan

YESSS!! Josh is an amazing leader, finally a good decision has been made and an incredible leader at the helm! Back in Anaheim where he belongs, leading all parks and then some.

Perhaps Chapek has a clue after all?
And Jeff Valhe who is now WDW President spent most of his career in charge of the Engineering teams. Will the Yeti at DAK finally get fixed?

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Yeah the local leaders are having a big say on how things are done. Even if that wasn't the case, Josh brought a great deal of CM loyalty and trust. I think his departure will be a blow to moral at WDW.
I just don't see the current regime valuing those traits Josh brought to his roles. He was the good guy against the Bobs. Now he's following in the footsteps of Cheapak.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I just don't see the current regime valuing those traits Josh brought to his roles. He was the good guy against the Bobs. Now he's following in the footsteps of Cheapak.
Perhaps not. But he brought a breath of fresh air to WDW since Sep 2019, and it would have been interesting to see how that could have developed and what positive changes it could have made.

plutofan15

Not sure if this was posted yet, but Kevin Mayer head of streaming is leaving Disney. Disney also named Rebecca Campbell (previously head of Disneyland) to replace Mayer and named Josh D’Amaro as head of Parks and Consumer Products. Not sure what this means for WDW, Josh was only there for a short time.

Mayer leaving was expected and not a surprise. Going to Tik Tok is perhaps a bit unexpected.

Lilofan

None of these shuffling of executives to new jobs would not have happened if Kevin Mayer who got passed over for CEO stayed on. Mayer, Rasulo, Staggs who all got passed over left shortly afterwards.

dmeets

Ms. Campbell sure got a nice promotion. Didn't even have to put in time in Orlando, straight to an exec role reporting to the CEO in the only division even close to fully operating at the moment.

JEANYLASER

Awesome News! I hope D23 Expo be awesome with updates of Tron: Lightcycle run and Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind and some others.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom