Disney Movie that deserves its own ride at WDW

BiggerTigger

Everyone has said it already but it would love a Mary Poppins ride. I've always thought the rumored one that Tony Baxter wanted to make would have been nice at the UK pavilion in World Showcase.

Another one that people keep bringing up is Frozen. And I completely agree. My imagination always pictures the show building being Elsa's ice castle. I just think that would look pretty spectacular.

And it's a crime that instead of an attraction we got bathrooms based on Tangled...bathrooms..
If I'm correct, I heard (don't recall what show or book I read) but Magic Kingdom was to have a Mary Poppins ride where Peter Pan is. You would ride a Carrousel Horse on the PP track. Imagineers had it all set until Roy Disney decided that east coast crowds wanted the same attractions as Disneyland.

IndianaJones

If I'm correct, I heard (don't recall what show or book I read) but Magic Kingdom was to have a Mary Poppins ride where Peter Pan is. You would ride a Carrousel Horse on the PP track. Imagineers had it all set until Roy Disney decided that east coast crowds wanted the same attractions as Disneyland.
That's the basic idea behind Tony Baxter's attraction. I think that's super creative and would've been awesome!

Make it happen WDW!

I_heart_Tigger

• I would like to be immersed in Alice in Wonderland and can't do the Teacups so that is the first that comes to mind.

• Not sure if it qualifies as a "movie" but the Legend of Sleepy Hollow always scared me as a kid and I would love a dark ride with some twists and turns a la Mr Toad.

• Soarin' is a California attraction maybe WDW could re-theme it for Up?

• I've always been a Sherlock geek so I would love to see something done with The Great Mouse Detective. To me that movie had a great balance of adventure and cuteness to warrant an attraction.

FettFan

I'm going to come out and say it...

20,000 Leagues.

While I know that we are never likely to see a return of the submarine ride due to maintenance costs*, they could easily do what the Japanese did with their 20KL ride.

*Disneyland's Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage is now shut down for "refurbishment", which means I would like to extend my heartfelt condolences to fans of Disneyland's sub ride.

C&D

I could maybe see a future ride based on National Treasure (and I'm still hoping/waiting for a National Treasure 3).

Glasgow

The Incredibles, no doubt. Superheroes, fantasy, booming soundtrack .. That movie is tailor made for an over the top E-ticket. This should be a 3d integrated coaster or dark ride like Transformers. They could even add the choose-your-experience nonsense by allowing you to choose which character you are during the ride.

cheezbat

The Incredibles, no doubt. Superheroes, fantasy, booming soundtrack .. That movie is tailor made for an over the top E-ticket. This should be a 3d integrated coaster or dark ride like Transformers. They could even add the choose-your-experience nonsense by allowing you to choose which character you are during the ride.

How on earth are there multiple Monsters Inc, Cars, Toy Story, and Finding Nemo attractions but NOTHING for the Incredibles??? It's ridiculous!

Also, I don't know why there aren't dark rides based on Jungle Book, Sleeping Beauty, or Aladdin(no the carpets don't count!)!

That will be a long time coming. Most likely, if we get any Marvel attraction in WDW, it would probably be Guardians of the Galaxy or (more likely) Big Hero 6, provided either of those is a success.

I think no matter how successful Guardians is (and I plan on seeing it), it just doesn't have the appeal of the Avengers.

Matt_Black

I think no matter how successful Guardians is (and I plan on seeing it), it just doesn't have the appeal of the Avengers.

From a box office standpoint, you're probably right. Merchandise-wise, that might be a little less hard to predict. I'm positive one of the reasons it got greenlit is because some Disney executive took a look at Rocket Raccoon and thought of all the plushes they could move.

From a box office standpoint, you're probably right. Merchandise-wise, that might be a little less hard to predict. I'm positive one of the reasons it got greenlit is because some Disney executive took a look at Rocket Raccoon and thought of all the plushes they could move.

I can't tell you how many Captain America shirts I've seen in the parks since Disney bought Marvel, and I never saw a Cap shirt in the parks prior. Now that I think of it, can one even buy a Cap shirt in the parks or at Downtown Disney?

Matt_Black

I always felt WDW was cheated out of a proper Alice dark ride. I think The Black Cauldron would had been cool as a dark ride too

Just cut out all of the characters except for the Horned King, because oddly enough, he was the most likeable one in the film!

... Okay, Eilonwy was cute too, and surprisingly competent, considering who she was palling around with throughout the movie.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom