Disney Movie that deserves its own ride at WDW

Wikkler

Alice in Wonderland
Sorry to bug you...
1191189338_4380.jpg

Can we go yet?

The Rescuers Down Under? Maybe in AK? Where an Australia land can be located in Jake the mouse could be the mascot of the area? You could see some scenes from the movie like of the Golden Eagle carrying the boy around in the air, and showing off some snakes and kangaroo's while also having Bernard and Bianca poking around trying to rescue the captured animals or something.

Matt_Black

Oh okay. Lol. I was getting ready to say that's really stupid if they put it in LS.

Still, I think it's location leads to fun. When I met Rapunzel, we had this exchange.

"I'm never going back to my tower."
"Well, that's good, because I noticed it's by the Haunted Mansion, and I think that would be a concern."
"Oh, yeah! I don't go back there, but Pascal does, and one time he was over there playing, and when I found him, he was white as a sheet!"

Matt_Black

The Rescuers Down Under? Maybe in AK? Where an Australia land can be located in Jake the mouse could be the mascot of the area? You could see some scenes from the movie like of the Golden Eagle carrying the boy around in the air, and showing off some snakes and kangaroo's while also having Bernard and Bianca poking around trying to rescue the captured animals or something.

Not a bad idea, but Rescuers Down Under is kind of the forgotten movie of the Disney Renaissance. Which is a shame, as I think it's superior to the original in just about every way.

Mrs.Toad

Sleeping Beauty because it is excellent. Compelling story too…

Hercules and Wreck it Ralph would be awesome. Though seriously, I would love Greece in Epcot with ancient history/mythology getting a nod with an attraction. Such a shame, such potential…such food!

Mary Poppins, I agree, has a lot of potential. Sort of a dark, peter pan style ride. Just not a galleon, an umbrella….

Don't get me started on Duck Tales! I worship McDuck and McQuack. All I have left are old clips on youtube, the catchy theme song, my pics from the 80's in Mickey's Birthdayland, and my Disney catalogue order. I have a gold coin/vault clock that makes a vault "clinking" sound when you roll it open. Inside is a picture of McDuck sitting on a pile of gold and throwing gold in the air with glee! And it is a clock. The merchandise was so much better years ago. Very unique pieces.

Man I loved Duckburg! My kind of town...

IndianaJones

Everyone has said it already but it would love a Mary Poppins ride. I've always thought the rumored one that Tony Baxter wanted to make would have been nice at the UK pavilion in World Showcase.

Another one that people keep bringing up is Frozen. And I completely agree. My imagination always pictures the show building being Elsa's ice castle. I just think that would look pretty spectacular.

And it's a crime that instead of an attraction we got bathrooms based on Tangled...bathrooms..

copcarguyp71

I would rather see the imagineers turned loose and allowed to come up with a fresh concept as i think overlays and movie based rides kind of are an "easy out" for the company at WDW and I suspect the imagineers would love to opportunity to prove their mettle once again.

BUT...if I was forced to name a movie based attraction I would say a Meet the Robinsons in Tomorrowland.

IndianaJones

I would rather see the imagineers turned loose and allowed to come up with a fresh concept as i think overlays and movie based rides kind of are an "easy out" for the company at WDW and I suspect the imagineers would love to opportunity to prove their mettle once again.

BUT...if I was forced to name a movie based attraction I would say a Meet the Robinsons in Tomorrowland.
Meet the Robinsons would definitely capture what Tomorrowland used to be all about.

And as far as what you said before hand, I think we'd all love to see the Imagineers let loose. They've proven they can do it IMO recently with Mystic Manor and even Grizzly Gulch area(I really want to get to HKDL and see those). But I doubt that's coming anytime soon with the current leadership and how much they love IP.

But maybe we will be pleasantly surprised.

Mouse_Trap

You beat me to it, though I couldn't decide between the original or the second - could they be mixed together?

You could reskin Soarin' which to be honest I can't understand why people rate it so highly. To me its just a polished version of the 360 Cinema from the early 80's (late 70's even) where you stand up in the middle of a tent with the projection all around you.

James122

Aladdin deserves a better ride than that Flying Carpets thing in Adventureland. I would love to see Disney come up with an 'Escape From The Cave of Wonders' themed combination dark ride/indoor roller coaster. Think along the lines of The Mummy at Universal Orlando. That could be a cool Aladdin attraction!

Matt_Black

Did I miss Escape to Witch Mountain ?

Am I the only one that thought the remake with the Rock was surprisingly not-terrible? I actually wound up enjoying it quite a bit, but then I'm a sucker for the Rock. Seriously, one of his pro-wrestling promos could consist of him reading the phone book and it would be regarded by fans as the highlight of the show.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom