Disney-MGM Studios updates

disneydata

Original Poster
Just a bunch of notes that were released to Cast Members today in the Summer Cast Update:
  • July 9th will be rehab wall day! See below for details.
  • The Jedi Training Academy will become a permanent addition with a brand new stage. The wall will go up July 9th.
  • Mickey Ave will officially close on July 9th and will reopen with the ride as Pixar Place.
  • The Sorcerer Mickey hat will get a lighting refurb and the wall is expected to go up in July.
  • Playhouse Disney in Concert will be held in a large air-conditioned tent in the parking lot behind Rock 'n' Roller Coaster this year.
  • A new Playhouse Disney show will be opening in February featuring the Little Einsteins, Jojo's Circus, and Mickey's Clubhouse.
  • Little Einsteins and Jojo's Circus characters will have a new meet and greet area in the Animation Courtyard probably opening sometime in the fall.
  • Sorcerer Mickey will have a new meet and greet inside the Animation Tour building also opening in the fall.
  • Rock 'n' Roller Coaster will be going down for a major refurbishment from Labor Day to the beginning of October.
  • Voyage of the Little Mermaid will be going under refurbishment sometime in the next few months.
  • Rosie's and Eddie's on Sunset Blvd will go under refurbishments in the next month or two for kitchen upgrades.
  • Muppet Vision 3D will be switching over to a digital projection system (not 100% approved yet).
  • Block Party Bash will be making its debut in March and the Stars and Motor Cars parade will be retired here.
  • Toy Story Mania will be opening tentatively in late April.
  • A brand new show will be opening on a permanent basis in the ABC Theater in May.
  • Another major (e-ticket) ride will possibly be opening in 2009-2010 (nothing confirmed yet).

AEfx

• The Jedi Training Academy will become a permanent addition with a brand new stage. The wall will go up July 9th.
I think that's a good call. More SW content is good, and it's fun to watch the kids in the show. It also means Vader regularly in the parks, no?
  • Mickey Ave will officially close on July 9th and will reopen with the ride as Pixar Place.
I love that shortcut around the back...guess it will be gone forever now LOL. That's a small price to pay for a new E-ticket, though.
  • Sorcerer Mickey will have a new meet and greet inside the Animation Tour building also opening in the fall.
The earlier the better - that's the coolest Mickey meeting of all!
  • Another major (e-ticket) ride will possibly be opening in 2009-2010 (nothing confirmed yet).
I'm crossing my fingers for Indy...but my secret wish is for a REAL Muppet ride. Probably won't be either, but I can dream. :)

Thanks for the updates!

AEfx

aladdinjrstar

Account Suspended
These are amazing!! I am already excited!!! Didnt RnRC just go under refurb in january? A new show and jedi training!! This is amzing! I am soooo excited!!!

disneydata

Original Poster
I think that's a good call. More SW content is good, and it's fun to watch the kids in the show. It also means Vader regularly in the parks, no?
Yep!
I love that shortcut around the back...guess it will be gone forever now LOL. That's a small price to pay for a new E-ticket, though.
It will be there again once the ride opens, but I'm guessing the traffic there will be very high when it opens.
The earlier the better - that's the coolest Mickey meeting of all!
The concept art for the area was awesome! It looked fairly large with the brooms throwing buckets of water toward where you stand.
I'm crossing my fingers for Indy...but my secret wish is for a REAL Muppet ride. Probably won't be either, but I can dream. :)
I'm hoping for Indy, but they said it was going into Soundstage 1. Not much room there ...
Thanks for the updates!
Anytime :)

haveyoumetmark

Thanks for the update! PLEASE tell me the "Pixar Place" name is tentative. :lol:

Block Party Bash is exciting, it's about time they got rid of the tired motor cars.

maconMouse

Block Party Bash will be making its debut in March and the Stars and Motor Cars parade will be retired here.

:sohappy: WOW!! This is exciting news. Welcome to Florida! Hope the Block Party Bash is ready for the FL heat & humidity. I got to see this at DCA last summer, and just loved it. The cast members put so much energy & enthusiasm into this parade. It is so much FUN to see in person.

They should get paid more for doing it in Florida than California though. This had been rumored on miceage awhile back. I wonder what parade DCA will get when Block Party Bash leaves.

AEfx

Yep!
It will be there again once the ride opens, but I'm guessing the traffic there will be very high when it opens.

LOL I think your guess is right on. That's why I said "forever", 'cause that place is gonna be packed...and imagine the STROLLERS, haha. Yup, looks like I'll be going the other way unless I'm going to the ride itself. Oh well, like I said, small price to pay.

The concept art for the area was awesome! It looked fairly large with the brooms throwing buckets of water toward where you stand.

That sounds very cool. just the outfit was always enough but it's nice he's going to get a permanent home at MGM. I'm anxious as we get closer to hear exactly when it opens - this will be a big hit on my big family trip in Nov. if it's open by then.

I'm hoping for Indy, but they said it was going into Soundstage 1. Not much room there ...

Hmmm...I wonder if any of our resident experts on proposals and associated locations can narrow it down for us. I'm no insider, but I do read what is posted, and I can't think of any blue-sky ride I've heard for that area. Just how big is it, anyway (comparatively)? It's hard to tell from the available maps.

AEfx

AEfx

I guess I'll have to live with it then. :lol: Either way it's great that DMGM is finally getting some well-deserved attention.

I'll agree with you there, and about the name. Sounds very...kiddish to me. And I know it is aimed at some of the younger audience, but I mean kiddish as in amateur. And of course "Sesame Place" in PA.

Maybe it will grow on us. I just can't see myself saying "Let's go over to Pixar Place and see what the wait is for..." I may just always call it Mickey Avenue LOL. Hey, I didn't like it when Nintendo named the "Revolution" Wii, but now it rolls off my tounge.

Somehow, though, I just don't see that with PP. Oh God. That's almost as bad as MI:LF, LOL.

Ah, ya gotta hope the humor is by design. :)

AEfx

darthjohnny

Cool info. Thanks.

But didn't they try to make the Jedi Training Academy permanent last year? Then they got rid of it, and brought back again for Star Wars Weekends.

Lee

Adventurer
I'm no insider, but I do read what is posted, and I can't think of any blue-sky ride I've heard for that area. Just how big is it, anyway (comparatively)? It's hard to tell from the available maps.
AEfx

Stage 1 is pretty large. Pretty much half that building it will share with TSM.
I have a vague idea what they're thinking, but will need more confirmation before going out on a limb and being specific.

AEfx

Stage 1 is pretty large. Pretty much half that building it will share with TSM.
I have a vague idea what they're thinking, but will need more confirmation before going out on a limb and being specific.

See, I knew someone trustworthy would be along and know, LOL.

Being as vague as need be (maybe you can't be any more specific at all, but it's worth a try), is this a fast thing or a slow thing? I.E. "thrill" or so-called "family".

I wouldn't mind a Monsters, Inc. clone from DCA...

AEfx

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom