Disney MaxPass reviews

drizgirl

Agree - which is why earlier I said that was the more significant change that no one seems to be looking at :)

Personally I bet it's an experiment to see what behaviors would be in a 'FP first' world... or even 'FP only' type of setup.
It's also a change that could go away tomorrow without much notice. Which is kind of what I expect to happen at some point once they get people hooked on using it.

Right now they're trying to expand their user base.

Last edited:

Curious Constance

This seems completely broken to me. It allows people with FPs to ride multiple times while people in the stand by line move even slower. It is too weighted in the FP side now. With the 30-40min wait between passes things were more balanced.

I think you're missing something. It will only have an immediate return time if it's not a popular fastpass. You can't do this on the rides that have more people wanting fast passes for because the more people to pick up fast passes, the farther out the return time is pushed. So the amount of fast passes allowed may not have changed at all, although I'd guess it's a bit more now. At least initially.

JD2000

Previously (and still how WDW operates)... A FP return window for a NEW FP would never be sooner than 30-40mins from the time you picked up the FP. Now, the return window can be as soon as 'now'.
Thanks for the clarification!
This seems completely broken to me. It allows people with FPs to ride multiple times while people in the stand by line move even slower. It is too weighted in the FP side now. With the 30-40min wait between passes things were more balanced.
Yeah, it should at least be the equivalent of the current stand-by time.

Phroobar

I think you're missing something. It will only have an immediate return time if it's not a popular fastpass. You can't do this on the rides that have more people wanting fast passes for because the more people to pick up fast passes, the farther out the return time is pushed. So the amount of fast passes allowed may not have changed at all, although I'd guess it's a bit more now. At least initially.
From my understanding this has been done on the Haunted Mansion and GOTG:MB. Those seem very popular rides but people can ride them over and over as long as they get that first FP. The amount of wait time of a FP should be the same as the standby line time. You shouldn't be able to get a fast pass and ride within 10 minutes while the standby is 40 minutes. FP should have to wait 40 minutes too.

Curious Constance

From my understanding this has been done on the Haunted Mansion and GOTG:MB. Those seem very popular rides but people can ride them over and over as long as they get that first FP. The amount of wait time of a FP should be the same as the standby line time. You shouldn't be able to get a fast pass and ride within 10 minutes while the standby is 40 minutes. FP should have to wait 40 minutes too.
You most certainly cannot ride GOTG over and over again with a fastpass. Everyone is trying to get those fastpasses, so the redeem times jump up very quickly on that ride. Only the very first people in the morning would have an immediate return time for that ride. And they sell out well before the end of the day.

Haunted mansion isn't really something everyone is clamoring to do, so it works on that one usually. Until people start catching on then this perk may gradually disappear because more people are choosing fastpass.

DisneyRoxMySox

Previously (and still how WDW operates)... A FP return window for a NEW FP would never be sooner than 30-40mins from the time you picked up the FP. Now, the return window can be as soon as 'now'.

I'm not sure that is true at WDW. I have redeemed by third FP+ of my preset, and while in the queue booked a FP+ for a new attraction that had its return window starts in 10 minutes.

I also feel that I have been able to full a Paper FastPass for Screamin' and have the return window only 15 or so minutes away. If I recall the stand-by line was more. This was about a year or so ago. I'm going off memory here, so I wouldn't swear on it.

nevol

What do you guys suppose would happen if they did away with regular FP and only offered MP? It's obviously more efficient, but I'm curious to understand if negativity impacts standbys more than FP already does.
There would probably be less people using it if you had to pay. right now, anybody can use fastpass. So standby lines would be faster, and I'd be all for that.

75disney

Now that Max Pass has been up and running for a few days, I am interested in how it is affecting people's ability to get paper fast passes. Are they harder to get? I go in 4 weeks for what is probably my last trip ever to DL. I have already spent a fortune on our CA trip and I am having trouble justifying another $160 (4 people, 4 days) for Max Pass. I have done Fast Pass Plus at WDW so I know the system and how it works. Anyone notice any difference in availability of paper fast passes?

disneygeek90

Yes, and nothing screams "I'm at a theme park" to me more than standing in a boring slow moving line. In most instances at Disney theme parks queues are essentially a roadblock between a carefully crafted themed show and the meat of the experience. Wouldn't it be awesome if WDI (or Universal?) could solve the challenge of how to eliminate lines and efficiently manage crowd flow at attractions, and the open spaces between them? It would be a revolutionary change for the theme park industry.
This sounds like what Universal is trying to do at Volcano Bay. From what I am hearing, it is not super successful.

Ryan120420

so apparently the near instant fastpass return time is no more, and is now a minimum 30 minutes away. can anyone confirm this?

Yes and no.

"Instant" FastPass is still happening. You can no longer stack them- Disney has implemented a "soft" 30min rule that apply to FP return times less than 30mins out.

Example:

You pull a Fast Pass for California Screamin at 1:00pm with a return of 1:05-2:05. The earliest you can get another FastPass is 1:30pm. HOWEVER if you USE your Fastpass prior to 1:30pm you can get a new Fastpass immediately after checking into one of the touch points.

If your return time is under 30mins: you must either USE your Fastpass OR wait 30mins before you can get a new Fastpass.

If your return time is more than 30mins: you must wait until your return window opens or a maximum of 2 hours before you can get a new FastPass- which ever comes first.

Last edited:

Ryan120420

I read that the first available fastpasses of the day have a return time 30 minutes after park opening, is that it?

Depends on the attraction.

I've gotten a Guardians FP at 8am with a return time of 8:05-9:05 (Standby was 45min). I've also gotten a Soarin FP at 8am with a return 8:30-9:30 (Standby was 10min).

And it seems like the Guardians FP was the exception and not the rule as I've seen most attractions with 30min returns at opening. So if you want an "instant" FP you have to wait 30min after park opening for most attractions.

JD2000

If your return time is under 30mins: you must either USE your Fastpass OR wait 30mins before you can get a new Fastpass.
Thank you for the clarification!

I read this last night in a trip report, but wouldn't have been able to post about it until now.

But I would also like to mention the author said if the attraction has more than one touchpoint, you must also scan in at the second, to be able to get another fastpass before the 30 minutes. That could be a problem if no one is attending the second one and it's turned off.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom