Disney MaxPass reviews

peter11435

How are people getting ride windows immediately after they get off that ride? I think there is a bug here.
The fastpass system previously operated so that the next available return time was always 30 to 40 minutes after the current time. This restriction has now been removed. So it is now possible for the next available return time to be virtually immediately. Especially early in the day and for attractions that are less popular with fastpass.

Axoman

Since we visit once every few years, I'd be inclined to use this. However, with a party of 5, that adds up quickly.

I'd be more willing to use this if they offered a party discount. $10 for 1, $15 for 2, $20 for 3, etc.

When getting a 3 day ticket, it's not much more to add another day or two per person. Would be nice if Maxpass had a similar pricing structure for families.

BasiltheBatLord

Is there any reason I should consider this instead of just using the current system?
- Ability to book FP anywhere in the park without walking to the kiosk
- Ability to book across both parks (book FP in DCA while in DL etc.)
- Ability to cancel or modify existing FP reservations

Those are basically the benefits over the existing system as I understand it.

Phroobar

The fastpass system previously operated so that the next available return time was always 30 to 40 minutes after the current time. This restriction has now been removed. So it is now possible for the next available return time to be virtually immediately. Especially early in the day and for attractions that are less popular with fastpass.
and that is for paper tickets too? So I can use a paper FP ticket, ride the ride and mediate get another paper FP ticket to get back in the FP line? So as long as I get that first ticket, I go on that ride all day passed the smucks in the standby line.

peter11435

and that is for paper tickets too? So I can use a paper FP ticket, ride the ride and mediate get another paper FP ticket to get back in the FP line?
You can use a paper fastpass ticket, ride the ride and immediately get another paper fastpass for the next available time. Depending on the amount of fastpasses being distributed that time could be immediate. You could always do this before too except with the old programming the return time would always be at least 30 minutes later.

Phroobar

You can use a paper fastpass ticket, ride the ride and immediately get another paper fastpass for the next available time. Depending on the amount of fastpasses being distributed that time could be immediate. You could always do this before too except with the old programming the return time would always be at least 30 minutes later.
Right, before there was a time buffer. Now there isn't. How is this fair to the people in the stand by line?

Phroobar

How is it unfair? They choose to be in the standby line. If you choose to enter the standby line when fastpass is distributing for the current time then that is your mistake. Get a fastpass.
Ok, so the clock for return times is at the current time so that means no waiting. It doesn't depend on you having a preexisting fast pass right? So I can stand in a hour long line or get a fast pass and immediately board?

mickEblu

How is it unfair? They choose to be in the standby line. If you choose to enter the standby line when fastpass is distributing for the current time then that is your mistake. Get a fastpass.

In addition, you have to assume that a good majority of FP users in that particular standby line might have a Space Mountain or Indy FP for example with later return times and not be eligible at the moment.

peter11435

Ok, so the clock for return times is at the current time so that means no waiting. It doesn't depend on you having a preexisting fast pass right? So I can stand in a hour long line or get a fast pass and immediately board?
Assuming you don't already hold a fastpass for another attraction and that the attraction in question is distributing for the current time then yes.

I'm not really sure what you're asking about pre existing fastpasses

Phroobar

Assuming you don't already hold a fastpass for another attraction and that the attraction in question is distributing for the current time then yes.

I'm not really sure what you're asking about pre existing fastpasses
This wouldn't happen if the standby line had a 60 minute wait right? It seems to me this makes the whole stand by line way longer now.

peter11435

This wouldn't happen if the standby line had a 60 minute wait right? It seems to me this makes the whole stand by line way longer now.
It could. But it is unlikely since people would be inclined to get fastpasses instead of waiting 60 minutes. Therefore pushing the next available window back further.

JoFu

How are people getting ride windows immediately after they get off that ride? I think there is a bug here.
You can do it with a paper pass too, sometimes the return time is NOW. As soon as you use a pass you can get another one. I did this with FPs at the beginning of July before MaxPass was open.

Phroobar

It could. But it is unlikey since people would be inclined to get fastpasses instead of waiting 60 minutes. Therefore pushing the next available window back further.
Ok. It's not like I've never used a fast pass before. I've been using them since the beginning. We use to even keep old ones and use them the next visit since the CMs didn't care about the dates. I guess in the future the FP line could be longer but still faster than the stand by one.

Curious Constance

and that is for paper tickets too? So I can use a paper FP ticket, ride the ride and mediate get another paper FP ticket to get back in the FP line? So as long as I get that first ticket, I go on that ride all day passed the smucks in the standby line.

We did this multiple times last month.

Got on Screamin 3 times in a row. Standby wait time was like 20-30 minutes, fast past return time was immediate.

Fun fact, my husband and I coined the phrase "blow past all those losers" years ago when ordering movie tickets online first became a thing. We'd get to the theater and blow past all the losers in line for tickets because we already had purchased ours online. We like to say it anytime we get to skip lines now, and that includes Fastpasses for Disneyland.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Do the paper tickets allow the guest to reenter the fast pass line instantly after getting off the ride like the MaxPass does? Before you always had to wait until the next fast pass window which could be hours later if at all. MaxPass lets you ride a second time instantly even if there are no more paper FastPass tickets available. You are effectively cutting in front of paper FastPass holders with MaxPass. This seems wrong and broken. Am I completely off base?

You have it wrong.

Maxpass isn't outside the FP alotments. It doesn't change the redemption or collection rules. What it does is allow you to get another FP as soon as you have redeemed your current FP. But since you can now collect your FP without moving from where you are... you are far more efficient and can get your next FP with far less time inbetween collections.

mickEblu

You have it wrong.

Maxpass isn't outside the FP alotments. It doesn't change the redemption or collection rules. What it does is allow you to get another FP as soon as you have redeemed your current FP. But since you can now collect your FP without moving from where you are... you are far more efficient and can get your next FP with far less time inbetween collections.

But with MaxPass and FP too, you don't have to redeem your current FP to get the next one. You can get another FP when the return window start time on your current FP has passed right? MaxPass, like you say, is just more efficient because you don't have to to walk to the next FP station and can book it on your phone.

By "redeem" you mean actually using the FP at the attraction and not collecting them at the FP stations right?

JD2000

I am not following the discussion closely.

But was it always this common to see attractions with a return time less than the stand-by wait time?

For example:
Space Mountain at 12:30pm in the summer,
Stand-By wait time of 75 minutes,
FassPass return time 15 minutes away.

It gives me the suspicion they increased the amount of fastpass distributed each hour to provide more incentive to buy maxpass.

D

Deleted member 107043

Honestly I can't wait until every attraction has some form of virtual queuing and all standby lines are eliminated. Nothing sucks the fun out of a day at a Disney park more than a 60 minute wait for a 3 minute ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom