Disney MaxPass reviews

D

Deleted member 107043

I've never paid much attention to Photopass. Can someone explain to me exactly what Photopass is and why I should use it?

Phroobar

I've never paid much attention to Photopass. Can someone explain to me exactly what Photopass is and why I should use it?
Basically all of those ride photos, character meet & greet photos and miscellaneous photos taken by Disney photographers are yours to download for one low price. This is aimed more at tourists than regular local park goers. It's pretty useless if you avoid meet & greets and take pictures of ride photo screens.

D

Deleted member 107043

The Maxpass reviews have been scathing in the past few DLR photo updates from Micechat. From today's DL Park update:

One thing is for sure, MaxPass is making lines at Disneyland worse than ever.

Can anyone corroborate this?

GiveMeTheMusic

The Maxpass reviews have been scathing in the past few DLR photo updates from Micechat. From today's DL Park update:

Yeah. So the biggest issue is that Fastpass return lines now take up huge amounts of space because it's taking everyone forever to scan their phones or tickets. Previously the CM would just look at the FP you held up to them as you walked in. Now it's a process and there's no place in Disneyland to put extra lines. The park is basically full up.

flynnibus

Premium Member

no matter how bad it is... expect MiceChat to blame world hunger, war, and even baldness on the expansion of FastPass.

The FP queue and it's impact on space/perception of crowds is the bigger impact at DL. They just didn't have the room and added the FP queues generally poorly... which exaggerates things.

Watching DCA may be a bit of a better indicator.

D

Deleted member 107043

Yeah. So the biggest issue is that Fastpass return lines now take up huge amounts of space because it's taking everyone forever to scan their phones or tickets. Previously the CM would just look at the FP you held up to them as you walked in. Now it's a process and there's no place in Disneyland to put extra lines. The park is basically full up.

Got it. I had a hunch that a mobile device + scanning + big crowds would equal disaster.

I kinda get the business strategy for going this route as there are probably fewer setup and operational costs compared to a full-blown Magic Bands system, plus MaxPass gives them some flexibility in execution. Also, since it's branded differently they can upcharge for it. However, from a guest perspective the overall experience appears to be a significant step down from MM+ in pretty much every way possible, and the added fee makes it less appealing to me.

drizgirl

It's entirely possible they are dedicating a larger percentage of the ride's daily capacity to FP now which would make a big difference on standby wait times. But nobody here has a way of quantifying that. We have no idea how many FPs were previously issued or how many are issued now. They could tinker with it on a daily basis and none of us would have any way of knowing for sure.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Sorry to bump this thread but I just have one question. If I get a one-day ticket on the day of going into the parks, will I be able to immediately scan it into the DL app and utilize max pass on that day? We are going in February and am thinking of getting it for 1 of our 3 park days.

TROR

Starting to work on planning my trip to the Disneyland Resort and I'm thinking about Maxpass but I need some questions answered so hopefully y'all got some.

1.) Are only rides with paper Fastpasses available for Maxpass?
2.) Am I able to get multiple Fastpasses at one time with Maxpass? In other words, can I be holding a Splash Mountain FP for 12, a Space FP for 2, and a RSR FP at 4?
3.) How much time does Maxpass really save? Is it enough to fit in even more attractions in a single day than you would without it and just using paper Fastpasses?
4.) Are there any other benefits to Maxpass besides Photopass and selecting Fastpasses?

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Starting to work on planning my trip to the Disneyland Resort and I'm thinking about Maxpass but I need some questions answered so hopefully y'all got some.

1.) Are only rides with paper Fastpasses available for Maxpass?
2.) Am I able to get multiple Fastpasses at one time with Maxpass? In other words, can I be holding a Splash Mountain FP for 12, a Space FP for 2, and a RSR FP at 4?
3.) How much time does Maxpass really save? Is it enough to fit in even more attractions in a single day than you would without it and just using paper Fastpasses?
4.) Are there any other benefits to Maxpass besides Photopass and selecting Fastpasses?

Answers:

1. All rides with FP are available for Maxpass, but there are currently no Maxpass only rides.
2. Maxpass has the same rules for the number of FPs you can have at one time as regular paper FP.
3. It can save a lot of time not having to walk across the park to just get FP. And you can do it in line while your redeeming your current FP.
4. Maxpass is only FP and Photopass, there is no other benefits. Its digital FP.

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/guest-services/maxpass/

TROR

Answers:

1. All rides with FP are available for Maxpass, but there are currently no Maxpass only rides.
2. Maxpass has the same rules for the number of FPs you can have at one time as regular paper FP.
3. It can save a lot of time not having to walk across the park to just get FP. And you can do it in line while your redeeming your current FP.
4. Maxpass is only FP and Photopass, there is no other benefits. Its digital FP.

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/guest-services/maxpass/
Thanks.

Just to be clear on another thing, with Maxpass you can choose your Fastpass time, correct? I think that's what I read. So if I choose a Space Mountain Fastpass for 9PM, I cannot get another Fastpass until that Fastpass is used.

Also, I don't know if you'll know this, but I believe Disney changed their Fastpass rules a year ago so now certain attractions are instant Fastpasses, some are 30 minute Fastpasses, and some are regular. Do you happen to have a list of which attractions are which? I think there was a site that explained the new FP rules but I can't find it.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Thanks.

Just to be clear on another thing, with Maxpass you can choose your Fastpass time, correct? I think that's what I read. So if I choose a Space Mountain Fastpass for 9PM, I cannot get another Fastpass until that Fastpass is used.

Just like regular paper FP it gives you the next available time, and there is a "cool down" period. The App will tell you when the "cool down" period is up and you can choose another one. I believe its 90 mins or you redeem your current FP, which ever comes first.

Also, I don't know if you'll know this, but I believe Disney changed their Fastpass rules a year ago so now certain attractions are instant Fastpasses, some are 30 minute Fastpasses, and some are regular. Do you happen to have a list of which attractions are which? I think there was a site that explained the new FP rules but I can't find it.

As far as I know that was a rumor, or might have been a loophole when it was first introduced but has now been fixed. When I've used it there was never any difference in the "cool down" period between attractions. The only difference is if someone cancels their FP then that time becomes immediately available, which then means your "cool down" period is already up. So it benefits someone to always be checking the app to see if there is a FP available sooner.

Bottom line, Maxpass is the same program as regular FP with the benefit of not having to walk all over to park to get them.

Edit: Its actually 90 min for the "cool down" with Maxpass instead of the 2 hours with paper FP. So there is an additional benefit with using Maxpass.

Last edited:

felipenor

How do I get Maxpass? Must I buy the tickets directly from the Disneyland app or can I buy regular tickets and scan them using the app to add Maxpass?

Curious Constance

I'm not sure, but this might have to do with how many Fastpasses have been claimed for an attraction so far in any given day. We were getting instant Fastpasses for Screamin last summer, but that might be because not many people had opted to get a Screamin fastpass yet in that day, so they were still available for instant redemption. The more people that get a fastpass the further the return time gets pushed out. Maybe that changed though, I"m not sure.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
How do I get Maxpass? Must I buy the tickets directly from the Disneyland app or can I buy regular tickets and scan them using the app to add Maxpass?

You can use any ticket purchased, scan the barcode of the ticket into the app, and it'll ask you to provide a CC to charge the $10 per ticket.

There are many Youtube videos out there on how to use Maxpass, but since a lot of people seem to always bring up Mr Cheezy Pop, here is his:

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I'm not sure, but this might have to do with how many Fastpasses have been claimed for an attraction so far in any given day. We were getting instant Fastpasses for Screamin last summer, but that might be because not many people had opted to get a Screamin fastpass yet in that day, so they were still available for instant redemption. The more people that get a fastpass the further the return time gets pushed out. Maybe that changed though, I"m not sure.

Maxpass is no different than regular FP in regards to return times, with one exception. The exception is if a Maxpass FP gets cancelled it becomes immediately available to anyone who wants to grab it. This is how you can get immediate FPs and choose another right away. So it pays to always be checking the app.

Screamin FP were always available from what I remember since the line moves so fast. The only time FP return times would be pushed out for Screamin is if it was busy. And now of course since Incredicoaster is new and always has a line.

Phroobar

Remember when we all thought MaxPass was an evil money grab and would cause huge backups of standby lines?

AridConfusedCanary-size_restricted.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom