News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

mickey0825

To me, I think this is a complete joke. They canā€™t pretend to care about spread of the virus by forcing people to wear masks while cramming those same people into extremely confined spaces with zero social distancing. A mask canā€™t save you if youā€™re jammed in next to a positive person for an extended period of time. If they really want to try and slow the spread like they claim, hotel and park reservations need to be cancelled and reduced capacity and social distancing needs to return. Yet again, this isnā€™t about slowing the spread. Itā€™s about PR.
exactly...if Disney really cared they would simply require vaccination proof to enter a park. But that affects their billions so it will never happen

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It is legal to require vaccines as a condition of employment, as is the case for flu vaccine. This has been litigated. However, I do not know if the question of an EUA classified vaccine has been litigated.
Nopeā€¦thereā€™s precedent.

and thatā€™s in the highly litigious northā€¦

not the ā€œright to workā€ utopia of Florida. Which means the employer can do and require anything they want of you with not real recourse

Cause: ā€˜Merica!

ainā€™t it great? šŸ¤Ŗ

ToTBellHop

I donā€™t know if itā€™s been discussed here, but the more nuanced policy I mentioned is up for Disneyland. Not every ride is included this time. Does WDW show the same?

Beginning July 30, face coverings are required for all Guests (ages 2 and up) in all indoor locations, regardless of vaccination status. This includes upon entering and throughout many attractions and in enclosed transportation vehicles, including shuttles and buses. Face coverings remain optional for Guests in outdoor common areas.

BigE42984

exactly...if Disney really cared they would simply require vaccination proof to enter a park. But that affects their billions so it will never happen
Florida prevented them from doing this. They could apply a similar rule as they are with DCL, which is either proof of vaccination or recent negative test. This wouldn't be too hard with on-site guests (just provide the info at check-in), but off-site guests would be tricky.

mickey0825

Iā€™m not surprised, but I am glad Disney is choosing to follow CDC guidelines even when itā€™s not in their financial best interests. So long as distancing isnā€™t put back in place and nothing gets canceled, the mask is not a huge deal for me.
Really??????????...EVERYTHING Disney is doing is for their financial best interest. They are SELLING masks, not giving them away. They raised the prices of masks yesterday. If they were putting best interest above financial gains they would simply say, if you're not vaccinated, you can't enter the park....problem solved...no masks necessary.

disneygeek90

Really??????????...EVERYTHING Disney is doing is for their financial best interest. They are SELLING masks, not giving them away. They raised the prices of masks yesterday. If they were putting best interest above financial gains they would simply say, if you're not vaccinated, you can't enter the park....problem solved...no masks necessary.
They were giving away paper masks on the skyliner a couple weeks ago. Surely you don't expect them to manufacture cloth, reusable designed Mickey masks for free?

It's been heavily discussed why they can't refuse entry for non vaccinated guests.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Well calling member services to cancel.

186 minute hold time.

Not the only one canceling I see.

Iā€™ll save you from typing out the spin that you guys are going to put on it.

Itā€™s people booking new trips because they feel
ā€œSaferā€!!
You obviously never tried to get CRT before online bookings;)

DCBaker

Premium Member
I donā€™t know if itā€™s been discussed here, but the more nuanced policy I mentioned is up for Disneyland. Not every ride is included this time. Does WDW show the same?

Beginning July 30, face coverings are required for all Guests (ages 2 and up) in all indoor locations, regardless of vaccination status. This includes upon entering and throughout many attractions and in enclosed transportation vehicles, including shuttles and buses. Face coverings remain optional for Guests in outdoor common areas.

Hasn't changed since the update last night for WDW -

"Beginning July 30, face coverings are required for all Guests (ages 2 and up) while indoors and in Disney buses, monorail and Disney Skyliner, regardless of vaccination status. This includes upon entering and throughout all attractions. Face coverings remain optional for all Guests in outdoor common areas."

Touchdown

So are you arguing it is in Disneyā€™s best financial interest to continue masking? If so why did they lift it?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
That is essentially what the CDC is saying when they say that vaccinated people should be wearing masks indoors. A vaccine which doesn't prevent transmission isn't really what many would consider a "vaccine that works."

Some vaccines provide sterilizing immunity, some do not. The main purpose of a vaccine is to prevent serious illness from a diseases, the secondary purpose is reduce spread. For example there are two common types of Polio vaccine, one provides pretty good sterilizing immunity, the other does not, but both provide protection from the disease. "Works" is not black and white thing.

MKFanatic

Going OT here for a bit, but I'm seeing Slinky Dog Dash being brought up a lot because the line is out in the open. My daughter is really looking forward to this one. Is it better to aim for early morning, or later at night?

correcaminos

Florida doesn't allow that.

iowamomof4

Oh I SOOOO wish this could be the policy at WDW! I'm actually glad they brought back masks, but I was really hoping they wouldn't require them for outdoor attractions. I'm glad we don't have to wear them all the time while outdoors, but it's going to be really tough for me to get into a 60+ minute line knowing it means putting a mask on in that heat and humidity. If it were just air-conditioned areas, it would be so much better.

Ayla

Well, that's up for debate vs. Naturally immunized.
It isn't up for debate from any reputable expert.

Direct from the CDC website ~ https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/faq.html

Yes, you should be vaccinated regardless of whether you already had COVID-19. Thatā€™s because experts do not yet know how long you are protected from getting sick again after recovering from COVID-19. Even if you have already recovered from COVID-19, it is possibleā€”although rareā€”that you could be infected with the virus that causes COVID-19 again. Studies have shown that vaccination provides a strong boost in protection in people who have recovered from COVID-19. Learn more about why getting vaccinated is a safer way to build protection than getting infected.

If you were treated for COVID-19 with monoclonal antibodies or convalescent plasma, you should wait 90 days before getting a COVID-19 vaccine. Talk to your doctor if you are unsure what treatments you received or if you have more questions about getting a COVID-19 vaccine.

If you or your child has a history of multisystem inflammatory syndrome in adults or children (MIS-A or MIS-C), consider delaying vaccination until you or your child have recovered from being sick and for 90 days after the date of diagnosis of MIS-A or MIS-C. Learn more about the clinical considerations people with a history of multisystem MIS-C or MIS-A.

Experts are still learning more about how long vaccines protect against COVID-19. CDC will keep the public informed as new evidence becomes available.

Touchdown

I'm saying EVERYTHING they do is to make more money...the measures they are putting in place are all for theater
Then the duty falls on you to tell me a legitimate reason why they dropped it in May. If itā€™s only theatre and good for their bottom line then they never would have stopped (example enhanced screening post 9/11.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom