News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

StarWarsGirl

THAT would be what makes me cancel my trip. Not a mask mandate. WOW! That is a lot of people!
I agree, it was much nicer during the social distancing era. The only parks we rope dropped was DHS & Epcot, but you could wander into the park, just not into the attractions, shop, eat, then wait for the attraction you wanted to open...so much nicer than being stuck in a crowd

FantasiaMickey2000

Blazing heat? It's Florida, deal with it. We've worn masks outside and inside our last three trips (September, December, and April) and it wasn't bad. Of course, we'd prefer not to wear them but it's the conduct that was required to be on the Disney Property. We're fully vaccinated with one of the mRNA vaccines (Moderna) since last March. We've both had Covid and don't want a second infection.

Personal convenience is just an excuse for in-duh-viduality.
Cool, I’m vaccinated too. I’m not wearing a mask outside while vaccinated because I’m not some anti-vaxxer. You can have my spot in line. And this thread is hilarious to me. If people looked at the racial and age demographics of those who are refusing the vaccine and then looked at the political leanings of those demographics they would be in for a rude awakening.

jimbojones

No offense, but some of us live here and go at least once a week. And August is much more brutal temperature and humidity wise than September, December and April combined. My choice will be going forward, not to go at all until they drop the mask requirement again. And yes, I understand that it’s only an indoor requirement. But when it’s literally 78 degrees at 5AM (which is when I run), the last thing you want to do is put on a mask regardless of whether it’s indoors or outdoors.
Are there many indoor guest spaces at WDW that are not air conditioned? Serious question, but I can't think of any.

James J

In the Parks
No
Well calling member services to cancel.

186 minute hold time.

Not the only one canceling I see.

I’ll save you from typing out the spin that you guys are going to put on it.

It’s people booking new trips because they feel
“Safer”!!

That isn't an unusual hold time in the slightest when it comes to Disney. None of your imagined spin required.

jamos140

Not enough people have cancelled in October to open up any new resort rooms. Still only All Star Music and POR available.

jimbojones

186 minute hold time.

“Safer”!!
I am canceling a trip because even with the mask mandate Orlando seems like an unsafe destination for my unvaccinated little kids right now and its just a theme park after all, it will be there next year. I said it before but folks are very presumptious that everyone makes the same decisions for the same reasons as they do. Indoor masking will make some feel safer and more willing to visit, it will make some not want to go who have strong feelings about masks, for some people it won't be enough to feel safe visiting, and many won't care either way because they neither fear covid for whatever reason nor care that much about wearing a mask indoors.

DisneyCane

Already, people are saying "the vaccine didn't work". It's going to be an interesting time ahead.
That is essentially what the CDC is saying when they say that vaccinated people should be wearing masks indoors. A vaccine which doesn't prevent transmission isn't really what many would consider a "vaccine that works."

ElvisMickey

Are there many indoor guest spaces at WDW that are not air conditioned? Serious question, but I can't think of any.
No, but I keep my house at 72 degrees and would not want to wear a mask in my house. And to reiterate again, I’ve had COVID and also have gotten fully vaxed. As a local, I just have no desire to go to the parks during the dog days of summer and wear a mask, even only indoors. If someone else wants to, great…enjoy it. But I’ll pass.

yonafunu

Why are you cancelling your trip while it's still possible than for fall the mask policies will be different ? It's not a permanent policy, it's just following the positive trend of contamination. The dropping mask policy can occurs in a few week if the wave is over.

correcaminos

186 minute hold time.

“Safer”!!
Why not cancel online?

Given huge MS wait times this year, I imagine more are calling for other reasons since canceling online is easy

G00fyDad

That is essentially what the CDC is saying when they say that vaccinated people should be wearing masks indoors. A vaccine which doesn't prevent transmission isn't really what many would consider a "vaccine that works."

No. What they are saying is: "Unvaccinated people should be wearing a mask and they aren't. And we have no way of proving who is and is not vaccinated so now that it is on the rise again everyone needs to wear a mask."

StarWarsGirl

The ride queues are the main places where it can kind of be a pain because you're required to mask up when in line. So when you're in line for any ride that has an outdoor queue (which there are plenty of those) or any where the queue extends outside the building, you're required to mask up.

There are some attractions (Safari, Slinky Dog immediately come to mind) where you would have to wear a mask through the entire queue line and there's no AC.

Touchdown

186 minute hold time.

“Safer”!!
I’m not surprised, but I am glad Disney is choosing to follow CDC guidelines even when it’s not in their financial best interests. So long as distancing isn’t put back in place and nothing gets canceled, the mask is not a huge deal for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom