News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

fractal

Yes, you should be vaccinated regardless of whether you already had COVID-19. That’s because experts do not yet know how long you are protected from getting sick again after recovering from COVID-19. Even if you have already recovered from COVID-19, it is possible—although rare—that you could be infected with the virus that causes COVID-19 again. Studies have shown that vaccination provides a strong boost in protection in people who have recovered from COVID-19. Learn more about why getting vaccinated is a safer way to build protection than getting infected.

You know nothing about me so don't tell me what i should or shouldn't put in my body.

Other than loss of taste and smell for a few weeks I was asymptomatic with Covid. In the rare case of reinfection the symptoms are less.

As you referred to - experts are still learning a lot of things about the vaccine. I have the luxury of waiting and will do just that.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
With respect to vaccines, I distinctly remember Fauci estimating the percentage vaccinated we needed to reach herd immunity and it was only a few months ago.
Correct…and that was used MOSTLY when they had one less “tool” in their toolbox. Somewhat desperate times, no?

the problem with that term is it was blasted on those “news outlets” as “everyone will get it…we’ll be fine”

vaccine herd immunity is not what was being pushed early on. Obvious reasons there.

and yet…it didn’t work. Couldn’t have guessed that…

Think Tink

Premium Member
In the Parks
No
I think you are giving way too much credit to the added protection. We are dealing with nearly 100% the Delta variant and no study has even attempted to determine how effective masks are against the Delta variant. You will still be in crowded indoor queues with areas of poor ventilation.

If you didn't feel safe at WDW without a mask mandate, there is no evidence that says you should feel safe now with Delta as the dominant variant.
We’ll agree to disagree on the effectiveness of masks. I was just simply sharing that there are some people happy with the new rules. I’m vaccinated so I’m not overly concerned but I still prefer masks.

maui2k7

No masks should be required for the Magic Carpets. But, yes, greater impact at DL.
By the sounds of the wording, they will be required on all attractions regardless of whether or not they are inside or outside (Jungle Cruise, Magic Carpets, Barnstormer, Alien Swirling Saucer, Safari, etc...). I believe Disney is doing this for simplicity of enforcement to just make it clear to everyone - masks indoors everywhere and on all attractions.

Separately, I am very frustrated with the mask mandates with our vacation being next week which is the first time back in 2 years. We will still go, but I have to change my attitude or risk having a miserable time if I focus on the mask situation too much. Earlier this year I said I would not go back to WDW until masks were gone and they were. Now they are back - ugh... We can still cancel, but I am not going to disappoint my kids this close to going.

G00fyDad

I think you are giving way too much credit to the added protection. We are dealing with nearly 100% the Delta variant and no study has even attempted to determine how effective masks are against the Delta variant. You will still be in crowded indoor queues with areas of poor ventilation.

If you didn't feel safe at WDW without a mask mandate, there is no evidence that says you should feel safe now with Delta as the dominant variant.

Was that a joke? In case it wasn't... It is still a virus in the same manner as the original. Masks have been proven to work against the original so...... they work with the Delta variant. I am stunned that needed explaining. Do you think the Delta variant is another form of droplets or something? Maybe a nano-virus? Why would you think masks do not work as well on it?

StarWarsGirl

Total nonsense huh? Man it blows my mind how many people we have who speak like they're experts and experience what others experience. You have no clue what you're talking about
Sure, the person with moderately severe asthma who's been wearing a mask for over a year has no clue what she's talking about...

Asthma patients are more susceptible to Covid in general, and while the vaccine efficacy is high, asthma patients tend to be immunocompromised because many take inhaled or oral steroids. They also have a higher risk of severe illness due to Covid.

Masks pose absolutely no risk to asthma patients, but if they feel like they need a breath, it should come off and be back on immediately.

Joffrey

It’s called self accountability. Look it up.

Listen, if you want to feel bad for a person who refuses a covid vaccine and then gets covid and ultimately suffers from it, knock yourself out. I won’t be sharing in your sentiments, however. People get what they deserve.
Do you feel that way about people who jaywalk and get hit by a car? Or people who smoke and get cancer? Or people who eat junk food and get diabetes or have a heart attack?

StarWarsGirl

Disney continues selling character-themed masks at heavily discounted prices despite new mask requirements​

PSA to everyone: these masks are super comfortable and lightweight for wearing around the parks. They're very breathable as well and have three layers of fabric. Highly recommend.

ToTBellHop

By the sounds of the wording, they will be required on all attractions regardless of whether or not they are inside or outside (Jungle Cruise, Magic Carpets, Barnstormer, Alien Swirling Saucer, Safari, etc...). I believe Disney is doing this for simplicity of enforcement to just make it clear to everyone - masks indoors everywhere and on all attractions.

Separately, I am very frustrated with the mask mandates with our vacation being next week which is the first time back in 2 years. We will still go, but I have to change my attitude or risk having a miserable time if I focus on the mask situation too much. Earlier this year I said I would not go back to WDW until masks were gone and they were. Now they are back - ugh... We can still cancel, but I am not going to disappoint my kids this close to going.
I agree that’s the wording, but it isn’t the wording for DL. The difference surprises me. But maybe it’s just that they determined it would impact far fewer rides at WDW and went with simplicity.

JohnD

Disney continues selling character-themed masks at heavily discounted prices despite new mask requirements​

Actually, they were full price yesterday. They probably decided to mark them down for a brief sale to encourage people to buy them. I'm surprised they actually did this. They could have left them full price.

fractal

It isn't up for debate from any reputable expert.

It is up for debate.

Phillies game was postponed last night because of a Covid outbreak amongst their opponent the Washington Nationals. 11 of the 12 that tested positive have been vaccinated.

Nationals-Phillies game postponed as Washington deals with COVID-19 outbreak​

Figgy1

Premium Member
Sure, the person with moderately severe asthma who's been wearing a mask for over a year has no clue what she's talking about...

Asthma patients are more susceptible to Covid in general, and while the vaccine efficacy is high, asthma patients tend to be immunocompromised because many take inhaled or oral steroids. They also have a higher risk of severe illness due to Covid.

Masks pose absolutely no risk to asthma patients, but if they feel like they need a breath, it should come off and be back on immediately.
Yours is past what most would use the word moderate when describing how bad it is . I know it's been better controlled over the past several years but............................... Stay safe my friend

JohnD

It is up for debate.

Phillies game was postponed last night because of a Covid outbreak amongst their opponent the Washington Nationals. 11 of the 12 that tested positive have been vaccinated.

Nationals-Phillies game postponed as Washington deals with COVID-19 outbreak​

I don't think anyone questions you could get the Delta variant even after vaccinated. The vaccine is not a panacea. It's more akin to a flu shot that protects primarily against the variant in the shot. However, when vaccinated, you could get a variant not in the shot. That doesn't mean you'll be hospitalized. More likely, minor symptoms. That's it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom