News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

JusticeDisney

On a micro-level, my vaccinated self cares about non-vax’d folks as they could be the crack in the armor that infects MY currently unvax’d kid.

On a macro-level, my vaccinated self generally cares about society as a whole. I feel for Kid Schmo whose parents Joe and Joanne Schmo are eligible but refuse to get vax’d. Or refuse to mask themselves or their unvax’d child. I feel for all people who are not able to get vax’d due to underlying medical conditions.

Hospitals don’t make money off of Covid cases (or most emergent care cases). Hospitals make money off of elective surgeries. Underutilized hospitals taking on Covid overflow patients would not have helped monetary/financial losses. The hospital that postponed my mom’s elective knee surgery in March 2020 lost money by treating Covid patients instead of her.

Same goes now with the spikes being seen across the country. Some hospitals, once again, are having to cancel elective surgeries to treat (or have room for future) Covid cases.

Because that's what members of a civilised society do.

Members of civilized society protect their most vulnerable. It is a sad state of affairs that protecting the vulnerable from contracting a deadly disease only “works” when protections are mandated, rather than voluntarily implemented.
Honest to God, one of the best posts I have ever read anywhere on the internet.

DisneyCane

Other states have passed similar laws as well. Let's stop commenting as if FL is doing something different than anywhere else. I have not seen any state or locality actually implement any kind of vaccine passport except for some sporting events. None have gone anywhere near what the poster you replied to has suggested.

Last edited by a moderator:

lhbb

If you purchased them outright, rather than putting a deposit on a package (in which case you can just cancel the package and have your deposit refunded) your best bet is to call and speak to a cast member. They have been pretty generous about refunds since this all started.

for what it’s worth just chatted with a cast member who told me essentially the same thing.

Attachments

• 07370BC9-DAA1-4921-860C-E9A8D09631D7.jpeg
    07370BC9-DAA1-4921-860C-E9A8D09631D7.jpeg
    90.5 KB · Views: 152

HeartOfTeFiti

for what it’s worth just chatted with a cast member who told me essentially the same thing.
I was suggesting that you call on the phone. The cast members on the chat feature don't ever seem to have the ability to make case by case decisions. The cast members on the phone, at least some of them, do. I was able to get a full refund of my tickets by phone after patiently explaining my situation.

DisneyCane

Going indoors at WDW without a mask if you are unvaccinated is also against the rules. We fight about it here so nobody fights there
I'm fully vaccinated and didn't break the WDW mask rules when they were in place for everybody. I won't visit if they reinstate them for vaccinated people, even if it is only an indoor rule. The rides and queues were more pleasant and enjoyable without one.

djkidkaz

Enough is enough. At this point it is on everyone to choose what they think is right for them. We all did the mask mandate for a year, we now have a vaccine and it’s up to everyone to make their own decisions. You’re never going to get everyone to go and get a vaccine so accept it and move on and let people live their lives.

The Mom

Premium Member
Posters who continue to have political arguments, insult other posters, or just make inappropriate statements will no longer be allowed to participate. Once again, if you cannot discuss the topic without getting into politics (and I know that it is difficult for many of you) please do not post in this thread.

People just want to hear about things that will affect their WDW trips, not the political minutia that is going on in the background.

Witchy Chick

Fair enough how long do we protect them for?

Until we have scientifically-defined herd immunity throughout the contiguous US? Call me crazy.

(As an aside, a friend and her family were quarantined and ultimately denied entry to/kicked out of Hawaii ~ 2 weeks ago for a family vacation. The family followed all directions on Hawaii’s Dept of Health website. Covid tests for all family members within 72-hours of arrival, proof of vax (three out of five family members vax’d; only the 8-year-old twins are not). Despite allllllll of that, the state of Hawaii denied them admission. A US state. It can happen. )

Honest to God, one of the best posts I have ever read anywhere on the internet.

Shucks. ☺️

Trauma

Until we have scientifically-defined herd immunity throughout the contiguous US? Call me crazy.

(As an aside, a friend and her family were quarantined and ultimately denied entry to/kicked out of Hawaii ~ 2 weeks ago for a family vacation. The family followed all directions on Hawaii’s Dept of Health website. Covid tests for all family members within 72-hours of arrival, proof of vax (three out of five family members vax’d; only the 8-year-old twins are not). Despite allllllll of that, the state of Hawaii denied them admission. A US state. It can happen. )

Shucks. ☺️
How do plan on achieving that.

They say we need 99% vaccination rate and thats never going to happen.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

Shucks. ☺️

Herd immunity is not something you can put a reliable number on. It's always a best guess, and will change as the virus mutates and as natural and vaccine based immunity start to ware off.

Trauma

I’m just a moron asking questions but what I keep coming back to in my head is this.

We are always going to have a large portion of unvaccinated adults.

We will always have a portion of unvaccinated kids.

Now kids may get mandated for vaccination thru school so maybe that helps.

So we are always going to have people at risk.

To say we mitigate until we don’t have people at risk anymore sounds like forever to me.

We are averaging two deaths a day in my state and people are still wanting to bring back mitigation’s.

For a vaccinated father who just wants his vaccinated daughter to have semi-normal life I can’t except the answer “when no one is at risk “.

I don’t think that day is coming.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I’m just a moron asking questions but what I keep coming back to in my head is this.

We are always going to have a large portion of unvaccinated adults.

We will always have a portion of unvaccinated kids.

Now kids may get mandated for vaccination thru school so maybe that helps.

So we are always going to have people at risk.

To say we mitigate until we don’t have people at risk anymore sounds like forever to me.

We are averaging two deaths a day in my state and people are still wanting to bring back mitigation’s.

For a vaccinated father who just wants his vaccinated daughter to have semi-normal life I can’t except the answer “when no one is at risk “.

I don’t think that day is coming.

Did someone actually say to mitigate until "we don't have people at risk"? As you say that is no possible. There were people who were at risk from infectious diseases before the pandemic, and there will be afterwards, you can't eliminate risk.

Trauma

Did someone actually say to mitigate until "we don't have people at risk"? As you say that is no possible. There were people who were at risk from infectious diseases before the pandemic, and there will be afterwards, you can't eliminate risk.
No they did not say that, I put those words in their mouth.

What they did say was:

“Until we have scientifically-defined herd immunity throughout the contiguous US? Call me crazy.”

I take herd immunity as meaning we are no longer at risk, especially with recent statistics saying we would need a 99% vaccination rate.

Maybe I’m not understanding this properly and welcome a correction.

Ayla

Shucks. ☺️
They were denied because there was some criteria they did not follow. Hawaii is not messing around, as your friend found out. My guess is they didn't use an approved testing provider clearly listed on the Safe Travels Hawaii site.

StarWarsGirl

They were denied because there was some criteria they did not follow. Hawaii is not messing around, as your friend found out. My guess is they didn't use an approved testing provider clearly listed on the Safe Travels Hawaii site.
Not necessarily. We've been following Hawaii closely because my parents own at Aulani. There have been so many stories like this where people have gotten denied access to Hawaii. One story I remember in particular was a family who accessed Hawaii once without issue, did the exact same thing months later, and then got denied access. Their system is ridiculously broken. And during the worst of the pandemic, they had an increase there when there was basically no tourism, which means it was locals spreading it to other locals. Then they have a large anti-tourist sentiment there right now, which doesn't help things.

All in all, I would not go to Hawaii right now.

Ayla

Not necessarily. We've been following Hawaii closely because my parents own at Aulani. There have been so many stories like this where people have gotten denied access to Hawaii. One story I remember in particular was a family who accessed Hawaii once without issue, did the exact same thing months later, and then got denied access. Their system is ridiculously broken. And during the worst of the pandemic, they had an increase there when there was basically no tourism, which means it was locals spreading it to other locals. Then they have a large anti-tourist sentiment there right now, which doesn't help things.

All in all, I would not go to Hawaii right now.
I am also following it because we are visiting this winter. In every single situation where they were denied, something was not done correctly. The system is not broken. People who believe rules don't apply to them are the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom