News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

CJR

It's about trying to blame the Governor.

It's similar to the poll that found something over 80% of 18-30 year old people thought it should be mandatory for 18-30 year old people to be vaccinated yet less than 40% of them are vaccinated. People don't always "vote" in the way they behave.

I know, I was breaking down my previous post that was taken out of context.

They have been blaming the governor since the pandemic began. Has it really done anything at all? I don’t believe it's effective.

You're right about how people vote, BUT that's because people vote taking into account more issues than just mask mandates. It depends how passionate people are about the issue, I suppose.

Wendy Pleakley

Javits was used, ship wasn't but some hospitals in the area were treating patients in parking lots and garages patients were also being treated in tents. Ambulances were turned away if the patient didn't have a pulse pulling in

Los Angeles too back in January. Can't be resuscitated in the field? Out of luck. They were conserving a limited oxygen supply as well, putting patients at increased risk.

The difference now is that if someone can't get treated for cardiac arrest due to COVID patients, it's (more) the fault of those people who haven't been vaccinated.

Not surprising to see more of a shift in public opinion. Not that anyone should ever be denied medical care regardless of personal fault, but it's understandable to feel less sympathy for people who have chosen to forgo a vaccination, especially when it harms others directly or indirectly.

Chip Chipperson

As far as I'm aware, there was nowhere in the USA where hospitals reached capacity and weren't able to take on patients who needed to be hospitalized. Not even New York City at the peak of the first outbreak. They never utilized the hospital ship (and I don't think the Javits Center either).

Data showed COVID-19 hospitalizations have been falling for weeks, but HHS officials said intensive care units in El Paso remain maxed out.

University Medical Center’s ICU was listed at 96 percent last week.

Las Palmas Del Sol’s ICU’s beds were full at 99 percent capacity.

Hospitals of Providence Memorial’s ICU’s were completely being used at 100 percent capacity.

The data showed that COVID-19 is straining emergency rooms too as 33 percent emergency visits at Providence Memorial were for coronavirus patients.

Nearly 90 percent of ICU patients at Las Palmas Del Sol are being treated for COVID-19.

Additionally, FL is seeing a surge in ICU beds being filled. Orlando Regional Medical Center was at 97% capacity last week while Advent Health Orlando was 93%, compared to the national average of 68%. That doesn't leave a lot of room for heart attacks, car crash victims, etc.

As of Monday evening, the data shows ICU capacity is at 68% nationwide.

Here in Central Florida, a check of the larger hospitals shows that Orlando Regional Medical Center is at 97% capacity, Advent Health Orlando was at 93% capacity, and Halifax Health in Daytona Beach was at 55% capacity.

Lilofan

because he purposefully is tapping into that “you ain’t telling me what to do” voter block that disregards all actual data…

im not blaming him for the delta spike…but bad political choices are making it worse. People like “strong leadership”…so lead…rescind your stupid rule and push the vaxx into collier county
One would think that the wealthy and highly educated residents that reside in Collier county ( ie Naples ) would understand the importance of getting vaccinated.

Chip Chipperson

OK, so why isn't Fauchi standing up at press conferences calling attention to this?

Maybe the better question is why don't the news sources you read report these things? So far today you've said you're not aware of any hospitals being overrun despite it taking me all of 2 minutes to find examples of it and now you're questioning why Fauci hasn't been talking about long COVID.

2 articles nearly 3 months apart. Time spent searching for them: 1 minute.

Chip Chipperson

Off the top of my head, I can only think of 3 reasons why they would do that:

1. They are filming footage to show how far we've come since the pandemic started (a Before and After shot of people with and without masks)
2. They are filming something to encourage guests to wear masks without forcing them to do so.
3. They are considering the possibility that they will need to require masks again sometime in the not-to-distant future.

The first option seems to be the least likely option of the three.

DisneyCane

Maybe the better question is why don't the news sources you read report these things? So far today you've said you're not aware of any hospitals being overrun despite it taking me all of 2 minutes to find examples of it and now you're questioning why Fauci hasn't been talking about long COVID.

2 articles nearly 3 months apart. Time spent searching for them: 1 minute.

I didn't say he didn't talk about long COVID. I said he wasn't talking about the risks to children under 12 who can't be vaccinated.

With respect to hospitals I was talking about hospitals unable to take patients due to being completely full. Some make it sound like a common occurrence that was happening frequently.

Otterhead

With respect to hospitals I was talking about hospitals unable to take patients due to being completely full. Some make it sound like a common occurrence that was happening frequently.
It was. Hospitals across the country were turning away their usual roster of patients because they were using all available space for Covid patients, including hallways.

As a sidenote, when hospitals need to use all of their resources to treat Covid patients, they don't make any income, because they're forced to turn away the elective procedures that pay the bills. So they end up laying off essential staff or going out of business.

Figgy1

Premium Member
It was. Hospitals across the country were turning away their usual roster of patients because they were using all available space for Covid patients, including hallways.

As a sidenote, when hospitals need to use all of their resources to treat Covid patients, they don't make any income, because they're forced to turn away the elective procedures that pay the bills. So they end up laying off essential staff or going out of business.
IMHO this isn't the best time to have need of an emergency room in certain areas

dreday3

Well to be honest, one of the biggest issues was that back in March 2020 - a lot of states mandated that hospitals stop elective surgeries for Covid. But a lot of hospitals didn't need to in actuality, which did cause a LOT of revenue loss. Many jobs cut, many paycuts, furloughs, etc. all the while many hospitals could have been doing elective surgeries all along.

That's the trouble with a mandate like that. It's not necessary everywhere.

Otterhead

That's the trouble with a mandate like that. It's not necessary everywhere.
That may indeed be true! I'm only speaking from my experience with hospitals all over the country during the lockdown, and all of them were trying to save as many lives as possible. There may indeed be others with empty unused beds and nurses twiddling their fingers in boredom. Maybe they should have offered to take some Covid patients.

dreday3

That may indeed be true! I'm only speaking from my experience with hospitals all over the country during the lockdown, and all of them were trying to save as many lives as possible. There may indeed be others with empty unused beds and nurses twiddling their fingers in boredom. Maybe they should have offered to take some Covid patients.

No need to be flippant. My job was affected by what happened. Some hospitals were overwhelmed, some weren't.

I can assure every hospital was helping and doing the best they can. That doesn't change the fact that some could have operated status quo. That should be taken into consideration going forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom