News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

pixie225

NYC schools reduced social distancing in classrooms to 3 feet rather than 6 for younger students, hoping to entice more students back into classroom as more will be allowed to fit in the space. 70% of school kids are still on distance learning. Hopefully more will return to classroom now, and more parents will be able to get back to work. Win-win for education and economy.

JD80

I was hoping that they would change their mandate to remove outdoor requirements. And yes, I agree, they won't be changing anything currently since it's a crowded public space.

Their "update" is ridiculous. People aren't wearing masks when hiking, walking their dog, or biking. I was hoping there would be some game breaking changes.

I'm fully vaccinated and feel completely comfortable but I just want to see more incentives for other's to do the same. This new guidance doesn't do diddly.

You'll get game breaking changes when community spread in this country is not as high. We're still 2x the case per day number as May 2020. If we keep going the way we're going, we'll be under that number soon enough and hopefully even more guideline changes.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
We can expect the CDC to lag behind most states as they need to be as cautious as states like Michigan need to be right now. And that is why this makes sense and why Disney follows the CDC. They are a vacation destination and need to behave as though all of their guests are from Michigan. Once all states see a dramatic drop in case counts, I expect the CDC and Disney to loosen restrictions further.

Cases are down 20% nationwide in the last week and down 30% in Michigan, so progress is being made.

I tend to agree with this analysis. The question is how quickly the people who have gained a lot of power through restrictions will relinquish it.

Dan Deesnee

I tend to agree with this analysis. The question is how quickly the people who have gained a lot of power through restrictions will relinquish it.

Those in power, when they obtain more, are often reluctant to relinquish it. But in most cases it is about what they can gain with that power. I'm not sure what is left to gain from this pandemic by the political elite, mega corporations, and ultra rich.

GimpYancIent

If people can’t figure out whether they’re inside or outside, how will they ever be able to tell whether they’re in a crowd? One person’s definition of a crowd may be different from someone else’s. Will WDW have signs saying how many people need to be around you in order to constitute a crowd? 😉
I thought the Disney definition of a crowd was when you look down and only see feet obscuring the side walk.

ImperfectPixie

I'm puzzled that people seem to think that WDW has been following CDC guidance though. They haven't been.
Haven't they been exceeding them?

MA just announced no masks outdoors after April 30th as long as distancing is observed...so back where we were with masks months ago (and I expect compliance to go down the toilet and be bad, just like it was months ago).

Last edited:

correcaminos

Haven't they been exceeding them?

MA just announced no masks after April 30th as long as distancing is observed...so back where we were with masks months ago (and I expect compliant to go down the toilet and be bad, just like it was months ago).
Not really. They remained open when travel for many was restricted. Opening a theme park really was against CDC as a whole....

chris p

MA may be strict, but Florida is the joke when it comes to COVID safety measures. Sorry, but it's true.
No, the Governor gave his state the right to choose. If you're scared, stay home or mask up. If you want to live your life, go do it. I know this is a Disney forum and this can go on forever but that's just my two cents. Hopefully this will all be over soon and we can all get back to talking about Disney snacks, rides and our experiences.

ImperfectPixie

No, the Governor gave his state the right to choose. If you're scared, stay home or mask up. If you want to live your life, go do it. I know this is a Disney forum and this can go on forever but that's just my two cents. Hopefully this will all be over soon and we can all get back to talking about Disney snacks, rides and our experiences.
And the problem is that it's not that simple. People have a right to support themselves without fear of some idiot infecting them with a potentially deadly virus. Your desire to go mask-free or to be open at 100% does not trump that.

Chomama

I am not trying to be dense. I have yet to find someone who can truly explain to me this point of view. How is it acceptable to let people decide if they want to just let their lives
Can people who don’t feel comfortable with that have to stay home? People cannot stay home who have to pay their bills and support their families. So in order to protect society in general it seems that everyone could do a little bit to make everyone else feel safe. I truly am so disheartened by the lack of empathy from others

chris p

I am not trying to be dense. I have yet to find someone who can truly explain to me this point of view. How is it acceptable to let people decide if they want to just let their lives
Can people who don’t feel comfortable with that have to stay home? People cannot stay home who have to pay their bills and support their families. So in order to protect society in general it seems that everyone could do a little bit to make everyone else feel safe. I truly am so disheartened by the lack of empathy from others
How is it acceptable to have someone or the government tell me how to live my life?
I agree, people need to get back to work! MA is having an issue now that they cannot find workers because the govt is paying too much in unemployment...open the county back up and let the people work!
Time and time again I see people outside on runs(?) wearing masks, walking on the beach, hundreds of feet away from anyone wearing masks...and whatya know, the CDC, today says that the virus has an extremely low chance of transmission in outdoors...wear your mask people, enjoy!
Ill be the one enjoying fresh air and living my life

ImperfectPixie

How is it acceptable to have someone or the government tell me how to live my life?
I agree, people need to get back to work! MA is having an issue now that they cannot find workers because the govt is paying too much in unemployment...open the county back up and let the people work!
Time and time again I see people outside on runs(?) wearing masks, walking on the beach, hundreds of feet away from anyone wearing masks...and whatya know, the CDC, today says that the virus has an extremely low chance of transmission in outdoors...wear your mask people, enjoy!
Ill be the one enjoying fresh air and living my life
WOW.

It's acceptable because during a pandemic, your choices affect more than just you - others have more right to be protected from your bad choices than you have to the freedom to make them during a world-wide health crisis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom