News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Do you want to be packed together like sardines shoulder-to-shoulder with mask-less people...even outdoors? That would get a HUGE no effing way from me.
If fully vaccinated (2 weeks after last shot) I don't see what you should be afraid of. Now if I had a choice, I would try to pick dates that maybe have less crowds, but now that we see the inflection point and corresponding decline starting along with me being vaccinated fully, I really don't see the issue for me personally. If unvaccinated, enter at your own risk.

crawale

Crowds don't freak me out, but people's tendency to get too close and invade my "bubble" when it's not necessary at all really bothers me on a principles level...I find it very rude and off-putting. (And that's without a pandemic going on.)
Don't mind crowds - what I do mind however is the people who use their electric scooters or strollers as weapons. I have been cut more times than I can count by these folks who have to be the first into the park.

crawale

I live in the Panhandle and yesterday I saw that our local hospital has stopped taking people's temperature and requiring masks. They recommend them but do not require masks. Now if a hospital thinks being unmasked is OK surely they know much better than most. By the way about 10% of people still wore their masks.

jamos140

Unfortunately, this new CDC guideline won't make any impact on Disney.

"...vaccinated people should still wear masks in public settings indoors and outdoors where there is a substantial risk of Covid-19 transmission, such as concerts, sporting events and other crowded gatherings, the CDC said."

It's about as worthless as an update as you can imagine.

CaptainAmerica

"...vaccinated people should still wear masks in public settings indoors and outdoors where there is a substantial risk of Covid-19 transmission, such as concerts, sporting events and other crowded gatherings, the CDC said."

Disney being open is itself a violation of CDC guidance. CDC guidance does not carry the force of law.

Lilofan

It will be interesting how the theme parks act on regarding the latest from the CDC doctors talking live on CNN/FOX. If you are fully vaccinated after 2 weeks then CDC recommends one can go outside around vaccinated / non vaccinated people , the vaccinated person can go unmasked.

tpac24

And they wonder why people aren't buying their shots in the arm campaign.

eliza61nyc

And they wonder why people aren't buying their shots in the arm campaign.
Why would you say that?? At least 42 % of the adults in this country have received at least 1 shot and this basically in 3 months. The demand has far outstripped the supply.

Lol I would argue that people are indeed "buying" it.
Our next hurdle will be getting the 20 something's vaccinated and basically that's because they are usually stuck on stupid and think they are invincible.

I basically threatened mines, lol I still pay for their Disney vacations. No vaccine, no vacation. All three have had one shot, last two will get their second shot in two weeks.

Yep the mom-lady rules 😂

Prince-1

Only worthless if you were hoping that Disney would get rid of it’s mask mandate. Since the parks are one giant crowd they probably won’t be doing anything.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No

And what I expected. Nobody around here is wearing a mask outside anyway, right or wrong, so it is indeed a worthless update.

jamos140

Only worthless if you were hoping that Disney would get rid of it’s mask mandate. Since the parks are one giant crowd they probably won’t be doing anything.

I was hoping that they would change their mandate to remove outdoor requirements. And yes, I agree, they won't be changing anything currently since it's a crowded public space.

Their "update" is ridiculous. People aren't wearing masks when hiking, walking their dog, or biking. I was hoping there would be some game breaking changes.

I'm fully vaccinated and feel completely comfortable but I just want to see more incentives for other's to do the same. This new guidance doesn't do diddly.

tpac24

Why would you say that?? At least 42 % of the adults in this country have received at least 1 shot and this basically in 3 months. The demand has far outstripped the supply.

Our next hurdle will be getting the 20 something's vaccinated and basically that's because they are usually stuck on stupid and think they are invincible.

I basically threatened mines, lol I still pay for their Disney vacations. No vaccine, no vacation. All three have had one shot, last two will get their second shot in two weeks.

Yep the mom-lady rules 😂
I am the opposite my 19 year old will only get it right now if her university requires which as of now they are not and according to them have no plans to. My reason for that is the fertility component now before anyone at's me with it is all a conspiracy the 6 or so months of research they have is not enough to conclude it won't have lasting fertility effects. So injecting it in my otherwise healthy daughter who made it through a year of college that held in person class and social activities with restrictions with no real out breaks and low positive rates doesn't make sense just yet. I will however encourage her to get at some point. My younger child will wait as well and that is being recommended by our pediatrician. My husband and I both got it.

Also my comments about the "no one jumping in line for it " is from news and press conferences claiming the number of appointments are currently low,

Figgy1

Premium Member

Yep the mom-lady rules 😂
Mom lady rules:inlove::inlove::inlove:

mickeymiss

We're pretty much of the same mind-set. I'd rather be over-cautious than not cautious enough - for myself and for others. My sad face on your comment was for the cases and deaths in your area.
We don’t know everything there is to know about the vaccine so extra caution makes sense as we get that information. Don’t get me wrong - I want to see every business open but a month or two more of masks/distancing is understandable to me. I actually think it will ensure that we aren’t jumping the gun before data comes out about how well the vaccine is working. There’s still the issue of kids not being protected, etc.

ToTBellHop

We can expect the CDC to lag behind most states as they need to be as cautious as states like Michigan need to be right now. And that is why this makes sense and why Disney follows the CDC. They are a vacation destination and need to behave as though all of their guests are from Michigan. Once all states see a dramatic drop in case counts, I expect the CDC and Disney to loosen restrictions further.

Cases are down 20% nationwide in the last week and down 30% in Michigan, so progress is being made.

mickeymiss

Have you never been in line at WDW and had the person behind you creep up so close that they turn around and bash you with their backpack? Or hit you with their elbow? Or step on your foot?
We ran into that even last summer when we went. Some guy (unintentionally) came up close behind us in the line talking loudly on his phone. That would have annoyed me pre-covid. I knew he wasn’t doing anything on purpose but I enjoy the general space. It’s unrealistic for too much longer since Disney relies on that space for fast pass lines, etc. I’d probably be okay with 3 feet markers lol.
I also remember getting “flat tires” a lot in lines before covid. One guy did it to me four or five times in a row and I couldn’t believe it 😂

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom