News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lirael

Good luck! I was surprised with the crowds in November. Not sure when in March you are going, but mid March a lot of Flordia has spring break. Of course that's when ours is lol. But we'll go and survive.

I'm one who thinks social distancing should last forever but I've been that way for ages now lol. Nothing illness related.
Yeah, when I asked for my holiday vacation in March I was planning to elsewhere but... closed due to covid, so I decided to go back.

Early March is also a dangerzone...1st week is Brazilian Carnaval week, which means holidays for Brazilians.

correcaminos

Yeah, when I asked for my holiday vacation in March I was planning to elsewhere but... closed due to covid, so I decided to go back.

Early March is also a dangerzone...1st week is Brazilian Carnaval week, which means holidays for Brazilians.
Sorry your original plans were thwarted. I am hoping for your sake that even more will be near normal when you go. I swear starting end of Feb through end of April there are tons of excuses for people to travel. From US spring breaks to holidays globally it's busy. We do find even FL spring break (not a Floridian but our school follows college breaks which are often in March) to be livable. If going early March hopefully it won't be too bad.

I was trying to think of where else I felt crammed next to someone but really it was just MMRR. Of course Test Track or 7DMT you are often put next to someone too even as a single. But dividers help me not feel squished. I didn't do all the rides as a solo in Nov though but quite a few. Even the people mover I got the single car to myself m

Chi84

Premium Member
The good news is that in some places cases are falling rapidly - Chicago is reporting a 48% decline in cases over last week, and similar declines in hospitalizations and deaths. Officials are talking about removing mask and proof of vaccination requirements sooner than expected. I know Florida is not doing as well, but numbers are improving there also. Maybe masks at WDW will also be dropped sooner than expected.

Lilofan

I do think MCO was better than that. I fly the SW wing and honestly all the places I walked by in that wing were open. I did forget to look at the main food court though. But stands were open at least when I flew in and out in November (9am arrival and 4-5pm departure)
That's accurate, Southwest, United terminals had the few dining options open, however in Main Terminal where more food options are not fully open and limited menus. Supply chain issues, lack of staffing still are issues.

correcaminos

That's accurate, Southwest, United terminals had the few dining options open, however in Main Terminal where more food options are not fully open and limited menus. Supply chain issues, lack of staffing still are issues.
Thanks for confirming. I tend to ignore the main terminal which I know is bad. I am hoping things improve for the airport as a whole in the coming months.

Lilofan

Thanks for confirming. I tend to ignore the main terminal which I know is bad. I am hoping things improve for the airport as a whole in the coming months.
It is the complete opposite when I flew into Newark Airport in NJ. The airport on purpose built all the dining locations, table service, fast food in all of the domestic and international gate areas that only ticketed passengers can access. At the Main terminal is only Starbucks, a few bathrooms, no place to sit down, baggage claim and ticket counters. I think it is to discourage the locals riff raff to hang out inside since Newark is not a safe area to begin with.

correcaminos

It is the complete opposite when I flew into Newark Airport in NJ. The airport on purpose built all the dining locations, table service, fast food in all of the domestic and international gate areas that only ticketed passengers can access. At the Main terminal is only Starbucks, a few bathrooms, no place to sit down, baggage claim and ticket counters. I think it is to discourage the locals riff raff to hang out inside since Newark is not a safe area to begin with.
Interesting. I fly into and out of Newark regularly for work but really didn't pay attention to that as it is an hour flight to my house so I never buy food there. I tend to buy more at MCO but even then not as regularly as some. Depends on flight times. I tend to not get food before security anyway just for ease.

Lilofan

Than the Brazil guests will feel right at home at WDW, in Carnival in Rio some wear masks dancing the Samba w/ their costume and little else on..

Lirael

Than the Brazil guests will feel right at home at WDW, in Carnival in Rio some wear masks dancing the Samba w/ their costume and little else on..
From what I'm seeing of the rules, the Brazilians guests are going to feel way happier at Disney. WDW is really much more lax with the covid rules. Here* while open spaces you can forgo masks, enclosed areas like restaurants and movies require the covid certificate, as well as masks. In fact, to go back to my country I'll need a negative test result before boarding my flight. Oh, and Carnival celebrations were mostly cancelled or delayed.
*I have never been part of any brazilian tour group, please don't kick me out of the forum

Sorry your original plans were thwarted. I am hoping for your sake that even more will be near normal when you go. I swear starting end of Feb through end of April there are tons of excuses for people to travel. From US spring breaks to holidays globally it's busy. We do find even FL spring break (not a Floridian but our school follows college breaks which are often in March) to be livable. If going early March hopefully it won't be too bad.

I was trying to think of where else I felt crammed next to someone but really it was just MMRR. Of course Test Track or 7DMT you are often put next to someone too even as a single. But dividers help me not feel squished. I didn't do all the rides as a solo in Nov though but quite a few. Even the people mover I got the single car to myself m
Thank you! Covid has been thwarting my plans since march 2020. I'm already at stage 5: Acceptance at this point.

I've never experienced spring break crowds. I've seen end of year crowds as a kid and during ICP, but as an adult I've only chosen go to Disney in September. I've accepted my park experience will be subpar at best at this point, what with all the crowds, no chance of fastpass, all the resorts I wanted being booked etc. I might not even make it to the new rides. But it is what is

happymom25

I'd guess fairly good. Omicron will be over in the next 6-8 weeks. Now who knows what Disney will do when the next variant comes around...

I also think they'll stick with a masks recommended but not required type of policy.
I really hope so. Especially with the hot weather coming. Masks aren’t as bad when it’s cold. Horrible when it’s hot.

correcaminos

From what I'm seeing of the rules, the Brazilians guests are going to feel way happier at Disney. WDW is really much more lax with the covid rules. Here* while open spaces you can forgo masks, enclosed areas like restaurants and movies require the covid certificate, as well as masks. In fact, to go back to my country I'll need a negative test result before boarding my flight. Oh, and Carnival celebrations were mostly cancelled or delayed.
*I have never been part of any brazilian tour group, please don't kick me out of the forum

Thank you! Covid has been thwarting my plans since march 2020. I'm already at stage 5: Acceptance at this point.

I've never experienced spring break crowds. I've seen end of year crowds as a kid and during ICP, but as an adult I've only chosen go to Disney in September. I've accepted my park experience will be subpar at best at this point, what with all the crowds, no chance of fastpass, all the resorts I wanted being booked etc. I might not even make it to the new rides. But it is what is
I hear you. As one who has a kid and is stuck to school schedules especially now taking advanced courses, I'm limited on when I can go. All I am seeing is parks are busy no matter when you go so not sure that a specific week will actually be better or not

We are DVC and AP holders so can go more often. I will say that after our last June trip I was worried about November even since Genie+ and such came into effect. I had a much better trip than expected. I hope the same for you!

Heelz2315

I'd guess fairly good. Omicron will be over in the next 6-8 weeks. Now who knows what Disney will do when the next variant comes around...

I also think they'll stick with a masks recommended but not required type of policy.

I wonder if them being "recommended" will be the standard going forward? I have to think there's some facets of WDW management that wants them gone as much as everyone else does.

threvester

The stretching room was where i felt most crammed...also sat with others on navi river, slinky and rat

correcaminos

The stretching room was where i felt most crammed...also sat with others on navi river, slinky and rat
I rode Remy 2x. Never with another in my row. I don't see how you could tbh as they seem to be like Pooh in size. Navi was not with strangers. Did not ride Slinky.

Stretching room is always crammed though. My hint is to stand by the wall.

threvester

I rode Remy 2x. Never with another in my row. I don't see how you could tbh as they seem to be like Pooh in size. Navi was not with strangers. Did not ride Slinky.

Stretching room is always crammed though. My hint is to stand by the wall.
I just returned Sunday, all 4 times I rode Remy and Navi I was placed with strangers

correcaminos

I just returned Sunday, all 4 times I rode Remy and Navi I was placed with strangers
Explain how you can share a row with Remy? Literally each row holds 2 or 3 people and I am seriously curious how that happened after riding it a few times. I have never in my solo trips been placed with a single stranger in a ride like Pooh or Peter Pan which is similar in size. They didn't even make me share for Pirates or IASW.

If you are saying they were in a separate row, that's different.

stretchsje

Well I just got back from WDW. Had Covid by the last day of the trip. So all that mask misery accomplished nothing.

Between the hotel, bathroom, meals, and attractions, that unwanted adornment was put on and taken off my face 30-40 times per day. What a nuisance that was while holding a child in my arms. And I probably touched/adjusted it twice as much, especially as the metal nose adjustment seemed to get compressed or bent in my pocket. This is for our health? Touching a respiratory device with dirty hands that much? Wearing something that at the end of a 14 hour park day smells like a dirty sock (ie, harboring bacteria)? WDW is *obviously* not a use case that replicates the theoretical manikin lab conditions where masks might have some purpose. I know I'm stating the obvious here but it's worth reiterating each additional day WDW clings to their policy. The masks are not there for health; they're there to pacify the neurotics.

FWIW, Omicron didn't lead to coughing (ie, projected respiratory droplets) anyway. No respiratory symptoms. Just fatigue and brief fever. I felt better after about 24 hours.

Roy G. Dis

I project the mask policy will be optional for vaccinated (honor system) by April at the latest. Probably March though in Florida. By May the only people left who can't be vaccinated are the very very young, the immunocompromised, and the antivaxxers.

drizgirl

Explain how you can share a row with Remy? Literally each row holds 2 or 3 people and I am seriously curious how that happened after riding it a few times. I have never in my solo trips been placed with a single stranger in a ride like Pooh or Peter Pan which is similar in size. They didn't even make me share for Pirates or IASW.

If you are saying they were in a separate row, that's different.
Rows definitely seat 3. Not sure if they are actively filling the 3rd spot for parties of 2.

IMG_8607.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom