News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
How about the recent meta analysis done by Johns Hopkins that shows lockdowns and social distancing had nearly 0% effectiveness on reducing covid deaths but DID have devastating effects on society.

I'll take Johns Hopkins over Monmouth.

You are talking about two totally different things. John Hopkins was looking at effectiveness, Monmouth was surveying's people opinions. Also, the people in the Monmouth study were ok with less intrusive mitigations, like mask mandates, not lockdowns.

JoeCamel

Sounds like something the residents of Missouri might want to do something about. Masking toddlers in Orlando isn't going to ease the strain on hotels in Missouri.

How old are your kids?

The little kids don't get seriously ill from it in the first place. But a vaccine available to everyone should appease the people whose last remaining argument about why we still need masking is "BUT WHAT ABOUT THE LITTLE KIDS!?"
You think putting a mask on your kid is the height of abuse then what about all those sick and dead ones? Imagine how you would feel if something actually bad happened to yours like all these kids! The number is not zero, kids do get sick and die from this

TehPuddingMan

yonafunu

You think putting a mask on your kid is the height of abuse then what about all those sick and dead ones? Imagine how you would feel if something actually bad happened to yours like all these kids! The number is not zero, kids do get sick and die from this

kids die from a lot of disease, and covid isn't, and by far, the most common one. So stop making an exception a generalization

JoeCamel

kids die from a lot of disease, and covid isn't, and by far, the most common one. So stop making an exception a generalization
He said kids don't get very sick from this. They do die from it, where are you reading and from what viewpoint do you get to the point I was making a generalization. The OP was posting a lie.
Or are you saying not many get sick or die from it and because they die from other causes too it's OK?
Whataboutism?

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member

Kids die from many things.

Reflecting on the tragedy of this does not make it any less so.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
He said kids don't get very sick from this. They do die from it, where are you reading and from what viewpoint do you get to the point I was making a generalization. The OP was posting a lie.
No. They don't.

1643760465681.png

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
I got news for you, a small amount of children get very sick from all sorts of diseases. A few years ago my child was hospitalized for a case of RSV. She recovered and went back to daycare. Masks and isolation are far bigger threats to children than covid.
RSV has been really big this season for the young kids. At one point this fall/winter, spreading more through them than Covid. January may have changed that though. Haven’t seen the latest update.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom