News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lirael

Sorry for asking what I know must have been discussed, but there's so many pages to check and I just got my tourist visa renewed decided to last minute do a trip this upcoming March and hadn't been keeping up with the covid rule details

Mask policy is active anywhere indoors from what I've seen, correct? Does WDW require covid certificate to enter parks or any indoor sit down restaurants? And if I'm going solo, will they put strangers next to me on the ride rows, or due to covid leave the seatsnext to me empty?

Thank you in advance!

Figgy1

Premium Member
Sorry for asking what I know must have been discussed, but there's so many pages to check and I just got my tourist visa renewed decided to last minute do a trip this upcoming March and hadn't been keeping up with the covid rule details

Mask policy is active anywhere indoors from what I've seen, correct? Does WDW require covid certificate to enter parks or any indoor sit down restaurants? And if I'm going solo, will they put strangers next to me on the ride rows, or due to covid leave the seatsnext to me empty?

Thank you in advance!
As of this morning masks are required indoors, there's no social distancing and you do not need any certificates for either vaccination or a negative test to enter.

correcaminos

Thank you in advance!
Depends on the ride. Ones like IASW or Pirates they did not put me with others. MMRR they jammed us tight full of single riders. I expect rides with individual seats to be full but I didn't expect them to put that many strangers hip to hip. I dislike that in life in general lol. No next seat being left empty that I recalled.

I expect March to be busy with spring breaks for colleges and even more normal. Masks indoors and no proof of vaccine or the like.

marymarypoppins

Common sense says otherwise as well.
Both my home state and a study by UofM say otherwise - along with so many more reports. Just google
I can tell you at the mask optional school where I teach prior to Omicron from August to January of this year there was 1 positive covid case in our elementary buildings. There were only maybe 5 kids who wore mask. It was an adult and not a student. With the new variation of this virus there have been about 20 positive cases all of whom were tested based off of head cold like symptoms. I can happily report they were all back after their 5 days and all are doing well!! Also there are tons of other studies that say opposite of how you feel. Just google it!

marymarypoppins

You think putting a mask on your kid is the height of abuse then what about all those sick and dead ones? Imagine how you would feel if something actually bad happened to yours like all these kids! The number is not zero, kids do get sick and die from this

Yes but how many were deaths with covid not because of covid? I have friend who died of cancer a few years a back it wasn't the cancer that killed her but the flu she caught from a weak immune system. In terms of the actual cause of death it is kind of like what came first the chicken or the egg riddle.

marymarypoppins

Wow special school you have. Must be nice to not have to worry when the rest of us do. My good friend's school is maskless and shut down for a week when literally 1/3 of the students were out. I see no Google stories that support your claim. Only opinion pieces. So sorry, I side with science, as always. Why people argue masks nearly 2 years later is baffling. I don't like them in the least, but I'm not a jerk about them either.
I am not a jerk about mask either. Have your kid wear a mask or don't it makes zero difference to me. Just don't force others to do respond the way you do either way. OH back to the old "I follow science "claim!! I wish we could discuss a few other topics here and see how much one actually does follow science or if it is just a virtual signal in terms of covid. Also whose science are we following?? Dr. Fauci and Dr. Malone both have great credentials both say different things whose completely right and FOLLOW worthy? Look a little farther than google!!

crawale

Wow special school you have. Must be nice to not have to worry when the rest of us do. My good friend's school is maskless and shut down for a week when literally 1/3 of the students were out. I see no Google stories that support your claim. Only opinion pieces. So sorry, I side with science, as always. Why people argue masks nearly 2 years later is baffling. I don't like them in the least, but I'm not a jerk about them either.
Study from John's Hopkins - do you regard this as science or only the so called 'science' on Google - states that masks don't work. Countries that never masked their children or have removed masking have fared no better than U.S. Science used to accommodate new facts not be rigid - or else we would believe the earth is flat. The damage to children is considerable. For those who believe masks work - wear them, mask your kids 24 hours a day, never leave your home but don't think you know what is best for the rest of us. If you are insisting that others mask then you obviously have no faith in the mask you are wearing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lilofan

I am not a jerk about mask either. Have your kid wear a mask or don't it makes zero difference to me. Just don't force others to do respond the way you do either way. OH back to the old "I follow science "claim!! I wish we could discuss a few other topics here and see how much one actually does follow science or if it is just a virtual signal in terms of covid. Also whose science are we following?? Dr. Fauci and Dr. Malone both have great credentials both say different things whose completely right and FOLLOW worthy? Look a little farther than google!!
Then you will not like visiting Richland County SC, ( ie Columbia state capital area ). The county is still enforcing mask mandates in a number of indoor locations including kids wearing masks in county schools per the school authorities.

G00fyDad

I can tell you at the mask optional school where I teach prior to Omicron from August to January of this year there was 1 positive covid case in our elementary buildings. There were only maybe 5 kids who wore mask. It was an adult and not a student. With the new variation of this virus there have been about 20 positive cases all of whom were tested based off of head cold like symptoms. I can happily report they were all back after their 5 days and all are doing well!! Also there are tons of other studies that say opposite of how you feel. Just google it!
There are just as many studies that say the opposite of those sites. Just Google it!

Lirael

Depends on the ride. Ones like IASW or Pirates they did not put me with others. MMRR they jammed us tight full of single riders. I expect rides with individual seats to be full but I didn't expect them to put that many strangers hip to hip. I dislike that in life in general lol. No next seat being left empty that I recalled.

I expect March to be busy with spring breaks for colleges and even more normal. Masks indoors and no proof of vaccine or the like.
Thank you! I admit even before covid I didn't like sharing space, but couldn't complain. At least now I have an excuse to not want anyone sitting besides me lol

Yes, I assume it will be busy, as I've been unable to find any deluxe Universal Resort and none of the moderates, value and some deluxe Disney resorts available for my stay.

But March is when my vacation days are, so I'll have to deal with it.

Lilofan

Thank you! I admit even before covid I didn't like sharing space, but couldn't complain. At least now I have an excuse to not want anyone sitting besides me lol

Yes, I assume it will be busy, as I've been unable to find any deluxe Universal Resort and none of the moderates, value and some deluxe Disney resorts available for my stay.

Don't go to the airport hungry. Orlando MCO food options are limited with some locations still closed .

correcaminos

Good luck! I was surprised with the crowds in November. Not sure when in March you are going, but mid March a lot of Flordia has spring break. Of course that's when ours is lol. But we'll go and survive.

I'm one who thinks social distancing should last forever but I've been that way for ages now lol. Nothing illness related.

correcaminos

For the record I was not implying you or anyone specific was a jerk. I am sorry if someone took it that way including you. Though I am sorry Dr Malone is not one I will ever listen to. They have proved themselves not reliable to me. Not every doctor deserves a platform as some have bad motives.

And again for anyone who took my post about not being a jerk as a direct insult, that was not my intention. It was a personal reflection as one who wears masks and doesn't like it, but sees some in real life and in stories on the news being really uncool about it.

Lirael

Don't go to the airport hungry. Orlando MCO food options are limited with some locations still closed .
Thanks for the warning. Had that awful experience in Switzerland last year. Went to the gate and found every internal gate restaurant or snack bar closed (even Starbucks!) despite not even being 8pm yet, except 1 coffee place with frozen sandwiches. I dont think I've ever looked forward to a plane dinner before that.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Yes but how many were deaths with covid not because of covid? I have friend who died of cancer a few years a back it wasn't the cancer that killed her but the flu she caught from a weak immune system. In terms of the actual cause of death it is kind of like what came first the chicken or the egg riddle.
I can't say this is true in every case but the death certificate on my lap says acute hypoxic respiratory failure secondary to covid pneumonia, covid pneumonia. Pretty sure the cause of death was covid.

Last edited:

correcaminos

Thanks for the warning. Had that awful experience in Switzerland last year. Went to the gate and found every internal gate restaurant or snack bar closed (even Starbucks!) despite not even being 8pm yet, except 1 coffee place with frozen sandwiches. I dont think I've ever looked forward to a plane dinner before that.
I do think MCO was better than that. I fly the SW wing and honestly all the places I walked by in that wing were open. I did forget to look at the main food court though. But stands were open at least when I flew in and out in November (9am arrival and 4-5pm departure)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom