News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chi84

Premium Member
The CMs I encountered were clearly not about to say anything negative about mask-wearing. I would be shocked if they weren't expressly instructed to stay away from the issue. I think the only exception we had was a server at Sanaa who said everyone hated the shields they had to wear over the masks (early May 2021). He said something along the lines of "Out there I don't wear a mask at all, but then have to put on both a mask and a shield when I come to work here."

correcaminos

The CMs I encountered were clearly not about to say anything negative about mask-wearing. I would be shocked if they weren't expressly instructed to stay away from the issue. I think the only exception we had was a server at Sanaa who said everyone hated the shields they had to wear over the masks (early May 2021). He said something along the lines of "Out there I don't wear a mask at all, but then have to put on both a mask and a shield when I come to work here."
In June with Dumbo a CM made a comment because their shield was falling apart. They were tired of trying to fix a shield and yeah mask and shield felt a bit much.

Also in June I forgot a mask once. I was addressed politely, and I apologized as I put it on. Granted we were walking fast trying to get more rides in before our tour was up and I was chatting with a friend. Outside of the mean mask CM on the bus most were meh about it.

Heelz2315

I am hopeful to go this summer, around the 4th. I have put off/cancelled a few trips because not all in my party could get the vaccine, my son was 11. Now that's he's fully vaxxed, I'd like to finally go and have as close to a pre pandemic vacation at WDW as I can, including no masks anywhere.

Not sure if that'll happen or not. NOBODY knows the magic way Disney decides whether or not to relax/reimpose mandates. If we did we could all plan a little better. I know the company has a head medical officer, I can't her name. I wish I had her email addy I'd fire an email to her and try to pin down some answers.

DisneyCane

In June with Dumbo a CM made a comment because their shield was falling apart. They were tired of trying to fix a shield and yeah mask and shield felt a bit much.

Also in June I forgot a mask once. I was addressed politely, and I apologized as I put it on. Granted we were walking fast trying to get more rides in before our tour was up and I was chatting with a friend. Outside of the mean mask CM on the bus most were meh about it.
When they were making them wear the shields outdoors I had a CM comment about being cooked in his own personal greenhouse at the end of the Frozen (ironic) line.

Having CMs wearing face shields when hospital personnel only wore them in specific situations was way over the top and completely nonsensical.

Lilofan

When they were making them wear the shields outdoors I had a CM comment about being cooked in his own personal greenhouse at the end of the Frozen (ironic) line.

Having CMs wearing face shields when hospital personnel only wore them in specific situations was way over the top and completely nonsensical.
Face shields protect the mask from being contaminated, droplets from others to hit facial area will be prevented by droplets hitting face shield first. Sounds like another protective barrier to me.

disneygeek90

Part of me feel the end of masks in parks is coming soon. I don’t know why, I just do. And short of a major deadly outbreak they won’t be back.
To be fair, a lot on this board were saying this 9... 7... 5 and 3 months ago. I guess eventually someone is right. The speculation is kinda moot. I think Disney will wait until cases are under control both regionally and nationally.

Incomudro

Then he'd have safe brakes for another two years or so.
The poster also could have had safe brakes for that period of time without the work performed, and the money spent - if the mechanic was a scammer.
Point being, it can be important to educate oneself as much as possible because even experts can do unethical things for money.

Last edited:

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
Part of me feel the end of masks in parks is coming soon. I don’t know why, I just do. And short of a major deadly outbreak they won’t be back.
I got one of those surveys on the mydisneyexperience.com site yesterday. Most of the questions were about the ease of use of the website, but there was one question (I wish I took a screenshot), that listed all the Covid precautions (guests masking, employees masking/testing/temp screening, extra hand washing stations, etc., etc.) and asked you to assume they were all gone, then indicate how likely that would impact your choice to visit their various divisions (parks, cruises, restaurants, stores, etc).

Who knows how much weight those things will be given by the executives, but it appears that they are gathering some data and doing some math on how changes/removal of restrictions would impact future guest volume and such.

Incomudro

Face shields protect the mask from being contaminated, droplets from others to hit facial area will be prevented by droplets hitting face shield first. Sounds like another protective barrier to me.
What droplets?
Who's sneezing and coughing directly in the face of other people?
If you're vaccinated, likely young (the majority of castmembers are) and already wearing a mask... A shield is so overkill.
Especially with Omicron which is most likely going to be nothing more than a mild illness for most who catch it.

donsullivan

Premium Member
I got one of those surveys on the mydisneyexperience.com site yesterday. Most of the questions were about the ease of use of the website, but there was one question (I wish I took a screenshot), that listed all the Covid precautions (masking, employees masking/testing/temp screening, extra hand washing stations, etc., etc.) and asked you to assume they were all gone, then indicate how likely that would impact your choice to visit their various divisions (parks, cruises, restaurants, stores, etc).

Who knows how much weight those things will be given by the executives, but it appears that they are gathering some data and doing some math on how changes/removal of restrictions would impact future guest volume and such.
That’s not likely to have any influence on when they make changes to the policy. They are likely trying to get a sense of whether they can expect a surge of guests at that mythical time in the future when all of those restrictions can drop off. If the feedback means a potential big jump they’ll need to be prepared with staffing, merch, food, etc. when that date comes around. They don’t want to just drop the mask requirement overnight and then get slammed with demand they cannot service.

disneygeek90

That’s not likely to have any influence on when they make changes to the policy. They are likely trying to get a sense of whether they can expect a surge of guests at that mythical time in the future when all of those restrictions can drop off. If the feedback means a potential big jump they’ll need to be prepared with staffing, merch, food, etc. when that date comes around. They don’t want to just drop the mask requirement overnight and then get slammed with demand they cannot service.
That's what the reservation system is for... apparently... so I'm told. ;)

GimpYancIent

Exactly.

I view this every day through my work's internal communications channels. People who are militantly anti-mask are a minority, and it's the same people over and over who are screaming the loudest about it. Most people are pro-mask or just don't care.

If the people who don't want to wear a mask stop going to Disney, guess what, it won't affect Disney: at all.

Every time a group boycotts Disney over something the company did that they disagree with, Disney still came out ahead.
50 /50 Yes there are folks that go simply to go to Disney. The across-the-board phenomena that became clear is that going to a Disney property is no longer viewed as some sort of rite of passage. The we need to go is now it would be nice to go Ah and there are other options too..

TBrass84

Going over spring break. Hoping masks will be gone by then…what do y’all think chances are of that happening? Until December we were at least not going to have to wear masks at universal but then that changed. They are saying cases are already rapidly falling from the increase a while back so I’m hoping they get rid of them soon. I would have canceled the trip when they added them back, but our kids were already too excited and didn’t want to cancel again.

bdearl41

Going over spring break. Hoping masks will be gone by then…what do y’all think chances are of that happening? Until December we were at least not going to have to wear masks at universal but then that changed. They are saying cases are already rapidly falling from the increase a while back so I’m hoping they get rid of them soon. I would have canceled the trip when they added them back, but our kids were already too excited and didn’t want to cancel again.
Who knows. Mid April….50/50. I’d feel better about mid May.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom