News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

MickeyCB

What if your mechanic scammed you?
It's always possible, but I think it would be unpleasant to spend my life constantly skeptical. Again, I'm willing to defer to the respective experts.
Then he'd have safe brakes for another two years or so.
She would ;), and I still do, thanks! (And the state inspection confirmed it also).
The poster also could have had safe brakes for that period of time without the work performed, and the money spent - if the mechanic was a scammer.
Point being, it can be important to educate oneself as much as possible because even experts can do unethical things for money.
I'm not, nor ever will be, an expert on brake safety no matter how much I educate myself. (Bring me your hypertension and we'll talk).
Again, I choose to trust the various experts I need.

And to make sure my comments don't veer too far off the thread topic and I get in trouble-I'll wear the masks at Disney, and elsewhere, as long as the scientists, engineers, virologists and public health experts recommend that we do. Simple.

bdearl41

So I’m fully vaccinated. Have worked with the public the entirety of the pandemic in person. As of last summer really stopped wearing masks…until about 3 weeks ago. I thought welp. This is everywhere probably should throw on the mask just to be safe. Worn a mask everywhere for the past 3 weeks and also really didn’t go anywhere. Welp all that said guess what. Caught Covid. Just tested positive. Looking for explanation on this.

Also I feel fine. Had cold like symptoms for about 18 hours. Good now though.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
So I’m fully vaccinated. Have worked with the public the entirety of the pandemic in person. As of last summer really stopped wearing masks…until about 3 weeks ago. I thought welp. This is everywhere probably should throw on the mask just to be safe. Worn a mask everywhere for the past 3 weeks and also really didn’t go anywhere. Welp all that said guess what. Caught Covid. Just tested positive. Looking for explanation on this.

This is pretty common around my town as well. Masks do not seem to really stop it anymore than vaccines do. I know this is unpopular with some, but we are gonna have to learn to just live with this whether we like it or not and let people protect themselves however they best see fit without forcing masks or vaccines at this point.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
…except the vaccines are what is “keeping it mild” at this point.
is it? Or is that what we are being told so more get the shot?

I personally know people who had the shots (all 3) and got Covid way worse than those who had Covid without it. It just varies. No one really knows which has been the problem with this whole thing from the beginning. No one knows what to believe and here we are…everything is a mess

Remember when the vaccines were widely advertised at first as 90%+ effective and if you got it you’d never get Covid? Then it was get a third? Now everyone seems to be getting it regardless. Is that the science we are going by?…and before I get attacked I’m vaccinated and think everyone should be, I’m just point out how insane this has all been from the beginning and no one knows and even if they do what and how they have been telling us is causing half the problems

Last edited:

JoeCamel

is it? Or is that what we are being told so more get the shot?

I personally know people who had the shots (all 3) and got Covid way worse than those who had Covid without it. It just varies. No one really knows which has been the problem with this whole thing from the beginning. No one knows what to believe and here we are…everything is a mess

Remember when the vaccines were widely advertised at first as 90%+ effective and if you got it you’d never get Covid? Then it was get a third? Now everyone seems to be getting it regardless. Is that the science we are going by?…and before I get attacked I’m vaccinated and think everyone should be, I’m just point out how insane this has all been from the beginning and no one knows and even if they do what and how they have been telling us is causing half the problems

Remember way back when you first heard of Omicron? November! It took two months to encircle the world killing thousands.
There is absolutely nothing to stop it from happening again so if you are unvaxed your case of xxxvariant may kill you, if you are vaxed it probably will not.
They still help keep people out of the hospital. The numbers of vax vs unvax admitted doesn't lie. The vax does work.

Last edited by a moderator:

DisneyCane

…except the vaccines are what is “keeping it mild” at this point. So like the measles or chicken pox…it’s settled science.

but it’s good to make judgements such as these in your own “vacuum”…where you would suffocate. Again…”science” at work.
Is it really settled science with respect to the Omicron variant? South Africa has under 47% of the population fully vaccinated and they've been reporting how mild Omicron is since it appeared.

With the prior variants, the data was clear and you can confidently say the vaccines were keeping the overwhelming majority of illnesses mild. With Omicron it could just be that the variant causes much less severe disease in most people.

CaptainAmerica

This is pretty common around my town as well. Masks do not seem to really stop it anymore than vaccines do. I know this is unpopular with some, but we are gonna have to learn to just live with this whether we like it or not and let people protect themselves however they best see fit without forcing masks or vaccines at this point.

…except the vaccines are what is “keeping it mild” at this point. So like the measles or chicken pox…it’s settled science.

but it’s good to make judgements such as these in your own “vacuum”…where you would suffocate. Again…”science” at work.
Vaccines work. Boosters work. Masks are useless.

Boom, compromise.

G00fyDad

Remember way back when you first heard of Omicron? November! It took two months to encircle the world killing thousands.
There is absolutely nothing to stop it from happening again so if you are unvaxed your case of xxxvariant may kill you, if you are vaxed it probably will not.
They still help keep people out of the hospital. The numbers of vax vs unvax admitted doesn't lie. The vax does work.
Exactly. My wife's hospital just put out updated numbers of the COVID patients there and it is at 98% of the COVID patients are the unvaccinated. Of those patients 100% of the ones on a vent tube are unvaccinated.

Last edited by a moderator:

Purduevian

I like to think about it like swiss cheese. Imagine that each layer of protection is a piece of swiss cheese stacked on top of each other.
The pieces are not all the same, and they all have holes, but the more of them you use, the less chance something makes it through:
Proper fitting masks, social distancing, each vaccine shot, social distancing ect. are all examples of a slice

Now Omicron changed the game in that it takes less stuff to make it through your swiss cheese defense, making it more likely enough gets through to get you sick.

Cars use the same idea. Automatic braking, blind spot monitors, airbags, seat belts, bumpers, crumble zones, ect are all just a slice trying to keep you alive every time you drive.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Vaccines work. Boosters work. Masks are useless.

Boom, compromise.
I like the simplified take :p

I'll try to echo that, everyone now has the tools to protect them in any way they wish. Double mask, 4 doses of vax and 20 feet of social distancing, go for it. No mask, no vax, go for it. The people we were trying so hard to protect early on now have those tools to protect themselves. Also, we will soon have robust therapies to boot.

CaptainAmerica

I'll try to echo that, everyone now has the tools to protect them in any way they wish. Double mask, 4 doses of vax and 20 feet of social distancing, go for it. No mask, no vax, go for it. The people we were trying so hard to protect early on now have those tools to protect themselves. Also, we will soon have robust therapies to boot.
"What about children under 5?" is their last retort, to which the clear reply is "they've never been at risk to begin with."

Lilofan

You must be mistaken. Antibody therapies FL sites such as Regeneron per FDA has been shut down much to the chagrin of the FL Dept of Health who had to comply

Last edited:

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
You must be mistaken. Antibody therapies FL sites such as Regeneron per FDA has been shut down much to the chagrin of the FL Dept of Health who had to comply and someone not to be mentioned throwing a temper tantrum over it.
I guess I was talking more of the pills that Pfizer were rolling out.

Lilofan

You mean Pfizer's Paxlovid pills if they ever roll out? The FDA has expressed concern that the pills could cause severe or life threatening interactions with widely used medications including statins, blood thinners, steroids, high blood pressure and high cholesterol , anti seizure, and some antidepressants. The FDA does not recommend Paxlovid for people with severe kidney and liver disease. Instead of relying on the Pfizer pill, how about some think about getting the vaccine instead?

Last edited:

Incomudro

You mean Pfizer's Paxlovid pills if they ever roll out? The FDA has expressed concern that the pills could cause severe or life threatening interactions with widely used medications including statins, blood thinners, steroids, high blood pressure and high cholesterol , anti seizure, and some antidepressants. The FDA does not recommend Paxlovid for people with severe kidney and liver disease. Instead of relying on these pills, how about some think about getting the vaccine instead?
American's love their pills.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
If there is another significant wave, hopefully the supply will be at a level where it can be impactful. It is good to have additional tools available in the tool box, whether for the unvaccinated or already vaccinated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom