News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

bdearl41

The US Food and Drug Administration said Tuesday that quick antigen tests people take at home may be less sensitive to picking up the Omicron variant of the coronavirus, but health officials say they're still a useful tool.

The FDA said its recent studies with the National Institutes of Health showed that although the antigen tests detected the Omicron variant, they did so with less sensitivity -- meaning they'll spot an infection less often.

The agency said it could not share any information on how much less sensitive any of the tests might be to the Omicron variant, but it is working to get more details.

All the FDA is saying is the tests are less accurate against Omicron. They still recommend taking the test but since they provide no further details on accuracy we don’t actually have an idea how effective they are.

Some information coming out of Israel is showing the tests to be very unreliable.

This wave will be over soon one way or the other, if we follow something similar to SA.
I’m like 90% sure I had Omicron last week (75% of folks at work have/had it) but my at home antigen test was negative. I guess I’ll never know because it was impossible to find any other test. The headache, fatigued, aches and sore throat went away after a couple days. Feeling fine now.

ToTBellHop

I’m like 90% sure I had Omicron last week (75% of folks at work have/had it) but my at home antigen test was negative. I guess I’ll never know because it was impossible to find any other test. The headache, fatigued, aches and sore throat went away after a couple days. Feeling fine now.
Same exact scenario for us. Glad I had already gotten the kids vaccinated. It was a nuisance because it is never fun being sick, but no big deal, really. After being assured on Facebook for almost 2 years that this is ”just a cold,” that is finally the case for my fully vaccinated (wife and I boosted) family.

bdearl41

Same exact scenario for us. Glad I had already gotten the kids vaccinated. It was a nuisance because it is never fun being sick, but no big deal, really. After being assured on Facebook for almost 2 years that this is ”just a cold,” that is finally the case for my fully vaccinated (wife and I boosted) family.
Yea. My symptoms were probably equal to the mildest cold I had ever had. Also got the symptoms after being at a indoor concert with 20k other people unmasked. Symptoms started 5 days later. I’m one dose JNJ. Wife had JNJ plus Pfizer booster and prior infection (no symptoms). 6 year old one dose had no symptoms. 3 year old no vaccine had a cough and runny nose for two days.

Trauma

I actually think this is the end. I’m at Disney now and half the people are sick.

I think we are about to find out if herd immunity can be achieved.

I for one am expecting a great 2022 and look forward to partying at Epcot tonight.

This year will be the end of pandemic and transition into endemic, and I for one will be celebrating that tonight!

correcaminos

I actually think this is the end. I’m at Disney now and half the people are sick.

I for one am expecting a great 2022 and look forward to partying at Epcot tonight.

This year will be the end of pandemic and transition into endemic, and I for one will be celebrating that tonight!
Shhhhhhhhh geez haven't we learned to hush up and not jinx stuff yet? ;)

Have fun tonight though!

ToTBellHop

Was just at Universal and yes, it feels like everyone is sick. Came home yesterday. Everyone is sick here, too.

Although for everyone I know, it is basically a cold. Sore throat and snot.

Perhaps this variant is contagious enough to finally create enough immunity to put this thing to bed. We will see.

Photo of me dodging Covid at Universal:

1640966850667.png

Lilofan

Was just at Universal and yes, it feels like everyone is sick. Came home yesterday. Everyone is sick here, too.

Perhaps this variant is contagious enough to finally create enough immunity to put this thing to bed. We will see.

View attachment 610876
Try to get some over the counter meds for cold and sore throat if you can even find it on the store shelves.

Mike C

View attachment 610876

I picked it up sometime last week. 4 days of fatigue/sore throat then it went away. The headache was only on the first day. No real runny nose. Pfizer Vaccinated, no booster.

Heelz2315

*Grabs my conspiracy tin foil hat

I really think Disney will drop their indoor mask mandate in March. Why? Because of the Star Wars: Galactic Star cruiser.

ive given up trying to figure out when Disney will drop their masks. I hope things will recover by spring but who knows IF Disney will drop them for the summer season.

I’m thinking of a Universal trip this summer if Disney doesn’t stop them and Covid calms down

Trauma

I hope for the sake of those who care the masks help against Omicron. So many kids and adults hacking up a lung sneezing etc.

It’s 100% clear that most here don’t care if they are sick, they are going to the parks.

I will test when I get home and expect to test positive even though I feel completely normal.

It is impossible to spend any time at all near this place and not catch it in my opinion.

At least all the sick kids here will be back in school in a few days, I sure that will go well.

If Corona started as a stick of dynamite, Omnicron is a Nuke.

Last edited:

Touchdown

I hope for the sake of those who care the masks help against Omicron. So many kids and adults hacking up a lung sneezing etc.

It’s 100% clear that most here don’t care if they are sick, they are going to the parks.

I will test when I get home and expect to test positive even though I feel completely normal.

It is impossible to spend any time at all near this place and not catch it in my opinion.

At least all the sick kids her will be back in school in a few days, I sure that will go well.

If Corona started as a stick of dynamite, Omnicron is a Nuke.
But I was called unreasonable for stepping back. This wave will crest and fall in a month. I can have a quiet January. Let’s hope I avoid it at work.

Trauma

But I was called unreasonable for stepping back. This wave will crest and fall in a month. I can have a quiet January. Let’s hope I avoid it at work.
I don’t think your unreasonable at all. I also think that if your life involves being around other people this is inevitable. That of course is just my opinion based on nothing more than what I see.

I know I might get a lot a flak for saying this but I’m not really trying to avoid it at all.

Again having no actual information to base this on other than gut instinct I think catching this plus having all 3 of my shots may give me a level of immunity that will protect against future waves/variants.

Everyone has to do what’s best for them but I’m done avoiding it. Let the chips fall where they may.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom