News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrainsOfDisney

I know I might get a lot a flak for saying this but I’m not really trying to avoid it at all.

Again having no actual information to base this on other than gut instinct I think catching this plus having all 3 of my shots may give me a level of immunity that will protect against future waves/variants.

Everyone has to do what’s best for them but I’m done avoiding it. Let the chips fall where they may.
That’s where I am. This November I could either take a job where I would surely be exposed (large crowds, travel, etc.) or stay “hiding in my basement” - I took the job and right before Christmas pretty sure I had it. Lots of people around me at work tested positive... it was Christmas break anyway so I just self isolated at home. Had major muscle aches but that was about it. Not sure if I had it or not but guessing yes.

Single J&J vaccine. Guess it worked since I’m still alive?

Lilofan

That’s where I am. This November I could either take a job where I would surely be exposed (large crowds, travel, etc.) or stay “hiding in my basement” - I took the job and right before Christmas pretty sure I had it. Lots of people around me at work tested positive... it was Christmas break anyway so I just self isolated at home. Had major muscle aches but that was about it. Not sure if I had it or not but guessing yes.

Single J&J vaccine. Guess it worked since I’m still alive?
That's the crazy part, if one thinks they got it or not without a positive covid test. So if one thinks they got it, some may think they could be immune moving forward?

Lilofan

I don’t think I’m immune. I wouldn’t think I was if I had a positive test either.
My brother's business partner , early 50s , no underlying conditions had a rough going contacting covid , was in ICU and still had challenges after being released. A month later he got his shots. Some I know contacted covid, survived but think they don't need to be vaccinated since they think they are immune? My college buddy passed away from complications of Covid on NYE. I don't think I will attend the wake and funeral.

Polkadotdress

That's the crazy part, if one thinks they got it or not without a positive covid test. So if one thinks they got it, some may think they could be immune moving forward?
And the challenge right now in Central FL is that it's nearly impossible to find a Covid test. The county sites all have hours-long waits. I just stood in line for 8 hrs, but finally made it to the testing tent. Insane.

Lilofan

And the challenge right now in Central FL is that it's nearly impossible to find a Covid test. The county sites all have hours-long waits. I just stood in line for 8 hrs, but finally made it to the testing tent. Insane.
In other states one can make appt at local urgent care , however it is approx $230 for PCR test ( price varies ) includes doctor visit. Your health insurance may or may not cover. Many are standing in line in county sites because it is free.

Polkadotdress

In other states one can make appt at local urgent care , however it is approx $230 for PCR test ( price varies ) includes doctor visit. Your health insurance may or may not cover. Many are standing in line in county sites because it is free.
There are no appts at urgent care, Walgreens, CVS, or the Health Dept. NONE. And I wasn't about to go to the sketchy little pop-up tent down on 192.

Trauma

As you all know I have been against the mask mandates in the park.

That being said right now everyone is hacking and sneezing everywhere. I’m at the airport right now and it sounds like a hospital ward.

Do I think the basic cloth masks will do anything?

Nope not at all.

At this point if you are against masking just let this thing burn out, it’s coming for everyone.

The case numbers they are giving are not even close to accurate.

For every 1 person who tests positive there are 10 more walking around with “just a cold”.

I have no evidence to prove any of this, but my gut instinct tells me this is far more out of control than even the media is reporting.

What does that mean for masking at Disney?

They have to keep the mandate for now and I actually agree with it, just from an optics perspective.

The way this is spreading it will all be over soon, and we will have maskless Disney vacations this calendar year.

Jrb1979

As you all know I have been against the mask mandates in the park.

That being said right now everyone is hacking and sneezing everywhere. I’m at the airport right now and it sounds like a hospital ward.

Do I think the basic cloth masks will do anything?

Nope not at all.

At this point if you are against masking just let this thing burn out, it’s coming for everyone.

The case numbers they are giving are not even close to accurate.

For every 1 person who tests positive there are 10 more walking around with “just a cold”.

I have no evidence to prove any of this, but my gut instinct tells me this is far more out of control than even the media is reporting.

What does that mean for masking at Disney?

They have to keep the mandate for now and I actually agree with it, just from an optics perspective.

The way this is spreading it will all be over soon, and we will have maskless Disney vacations this calendar year.
This is going to be a bit of a rant but it's been on my mind for quite some time.

People still don't get it and it's been 2 years of this. Masks work when combined with vaccine use and social distancing. For some reason people assume that since they're wearing a mask they can go back to standing right on top of each other. No wonder people are sick at Disney. People just can't keep their space from others.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
People have been proclaiming this for almost two years now.
The way this thing is going around and spreading like wildfire now, there may actually be some validity to it. At some point it's going to run out of hosts to infect. This wave really does feel different. People I know who were very cautious have resigned themselves to getting it eventually, telling me, "it's going to catch up to me soon enough."

Personally, I had it last week- very mild symptoms for a day (runny nose, mild sore throat, and some aches), otherwise boredom from isolating was the worst of it for me. I'm vaxxed and boosted, so I'm sure that helped. It definitely feels like everyone is getting/has recently gotten it, and fortunately, of the people I know, they all have very mild illness, if anything.

JoeCamel

The way this thing is going around and spreading like wildfire now, there may actually be some validity to it. At some point it's going to run out of hosts to infect. This wave really does feel different. People I know who were very cautious have resigned themselves to getting it eventually, telling me, "it's going to catch up to me soon enough."

Personally, I had it last week- very mild symptoms for a day (runny nose, mild sore throat, and some aches), otherwise boredom from isolating was the worst of it for me. I'm vaxxed and boosted, so I'm sure that helped. It definitely feels like everyone is getting/has recently gotten it, and fortunately, of the people I know, they all have very mild illness, if anything.
That is all good unless and until a new variant rises that people didn't develop immunity to.

Lilofan

Nick, I think you are a local near WDW if I am correct. Any chance you got it if you visited Orlando theme parks?

Last edited:

Chomama

That is all good unless and until a new variant rises that people didn't develop immunity to.
Yes of course. But, for now, this is the variant we are dealing with. It’s likely as contagious as the measles. If you are in public you will be exposed. Period.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Nick, I think you are a local near WDW if I am correct. Any chance you got it if you visited Orlando theme parks?
I am a local, but the one place I can say definitively I did not get it from was a theme park. I have the annual pass with holiday blackouts, so I haven't been in a theme park since about the 16th.

Last edited:

Wendy Pleakley

Catching COVID grants short term immunity, but vaccines still provide better protection.

I'm having trouble believing that this will just burn itself out. Immunity wains over time. There may be new variants, and the virus will certainly continue to spread.

It just sounds very optimistic to assume any reprieve will be long-term and that COVID will be more mild from now on. One mild variant could be the exception, not the rule.

correcaminos

Catching COVID grants short term immunity, but vaccines still provide better protection.

I'm having trouble believing that this will just burn itself out. Immunity wains over time. There may be new variants, and the virus will certainly continue to spread.

It just sounds very optimistic to assume any reprieve will be long-term and that COVID will be more mild from now on. One mild variant could be the exception, not the rule.
You really believe this will never end? No virus in history ever has been that way. It takes a while but to think this is it, just isn't good either IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom