News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisRobin124

It doesn't sit open. Its hosts Travel Ball tournaments almost every week as well as Perfect Game and a host of others. Its a cash cow for them. Not only do you shell out tons of money for your kid to play then as adults you have to pay to park and then pay to get in. Im pretty sure the reason the Braves left was they wanted Renovations to the facility and Disney probably passed and then the good folks at the Villages offered to build them a facility.
A big part was the travel time for games. At one time, the Twins were close by at Boardwalk & Baseball as well. Once all the other Central FL. teams moved, it was only a matter of time.

Texas84

Just an FYI from the Medical University here SC. I was in for yearly check, up after both having the FLU (type A) right before Thanksgiving and then catching Covid 2 weeks later.( Covid was lighter then the FLU BTW) I was speaking with my Doctor yesterday and his team about an event that i have coming up in Orlando in Mid February and that they are requiring a Rapid PCR test as we arrive on site. He said you will likely test positive!!!!!! i said what????? he said that the entire MUSC system has dropped the PCR test system wide because you can still test positive for Covid as far out as April and possibly as far out as June with no systems. He provided me with a letter stating that they should provide an Antigen test instead.

Im just wondering how many people who went out an got a PCR test recent fall into these parameters and hence why so many A Systematic people.
CDC is dropping the PCR test.

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
It doesn't sit open. Its hosts Travel Ball tournaments almost every week as well as Perfect Game and a host of others. Its a cash cow for them. Not only do you shell out tons of money for your kid to play then as adults you have to pay to park and then pay to get in. Im pretty sure the reason the Braves left was they wanted Renovations to the facility and Disney probably passed and then the good folks at the Villages offered to build them a facility.
Are you referring to ESPN at Disney? I was referring to Osceola County Stadium where the Houston Astros played for many years.

correcaminos

Just an FYI from the Medical University here SC. I was in for yearly check, up after both having the FLU (type A) right before Thanksgiving and then catching Covid 2 weeks later.( Covid was lighter then the FLU BTW) I was speaking with my Doctor yesterday and his team about an event that i have coming up in Orlando in Mid February and that they are requiring a Rapid PCR test as we arrive on site. He said you will likely test positive!!!!!! i said what????? he said that the entire MUSC system has dropped the PCR test system wide because you can still test positive for Covid as far out as April and possibly as far out as June with no systems. He provided me with a letter stating that they should provide an Antigen test instead.

Im just wondering how many people who went out an got a PCR test recent fall into these parameters and hence why so many A Systematic people.
They've seen some test positive up to 90 days after. It's not the norm though. We've had friends who were vaccinated test negative within 5 days - tried to do it for school to show asymptomatic could go back to no avail. Maybe be smart to test a few weeks before to see what the reading is.

DisneyCane

That would take the meaning of Autopilot to a whole new level. ;)

otto.jpg

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
It's just too bad that there are still so many people who refuse to believe articles like that because they trust what they saw on social media more than articles with actual quotes and sources.
It is truly disturbing to me how people are being manipulated to such an extent by false information - especially when it is a matter of life and death.

Lilofan

It is truly disturbing to me how people are being manipulated to such an extent by false information - especially when it is a matter of life and death
I would be ok if getting anti vaxxers to roll up sleeves in a form of manipulation to get them to that point which is currently being done ( ie get vaccinated or face losing your job, a number of businesses - no shot, no service, Delta Air Lines unvax staff pay more for health insurance, etc etc ).

Last edited:

DisneyDreamer08

Last edited:
You may not have been knocked out by the flu for a week+ but about 5 years ago I got the flu (I had the flu shot) and I could barely get out of bed for a week. It took everything I could muster to get up so I could to go to the bathroom or make my way to the kitchen to try and eat something.

Also, my friend's otherwise healthy daughter in her early 30s got the flu in early 2019 and died from it.

The flu can absolutely cause you to be miserable for that long. For the vaccinated and boosted it seems that an infection with Omicron isn't nearly as bad as what I experienced from the flu for the vast majority of people.
A few years ago I had the flu (And I get the flu vaccine every year). I had A fever for 21 straight days and it took three months to fully recover.

Trauma

It is truly disturbing to me how people are being manipulated to such an extent by false information - especially when it is a matter of life and death.
The US Food and Drug Administration said Tuesday that quick antigen tests people take at home may be less sensitive to picking up the Omicron variant of the coronavirus, but health officials say they're still a useful tool.

The FDA said its recent studies with the National Institutes of Health showed that although the antigen tests detected the Omicron variant, they did so with less sensitivity -- meaning they'll spot an infection less often.

The agency said it could not share any information on how much less sensitive any of the tests might be to the Omicron variant, but it is working to get more details.

All the FDA is saying is the tests are less accurate against Omicron. They still recommend taking the test but since they provide no further details on accuracy we don’t actually have an idea how effective they are.

Some information coming out of Israel is showing the tests to be very unreliable.

This wave will be over soon one way or the other, if we follow something similar to SA.

ToTBellHop

The US Food and Drug Administration said Tuesday that quick antigen tests people take at home may be less sensitive to picking up the Omicron variant of the coronavirus, but health officials say they're still a useful tool.

The FDA said its recent studies with the National Institutes of Health showed that although the antigen tests detected the Omicron variant, they did so with less sensitivity -- meaning they'll spot an infection less often.

The agency said it could not share any information on how much less sensitive any of the tests might be to the Omicron variant, but it is working to get more details.

All the FDA is saying is the tests are less accurate against Omicron. They still recommend taking the test but since they provide no further details on accuracy we don’t actually have an idea how effective they are.

Some information coming out of Israel is showing the tests to be very unreliable.

This wave will be over soon one way or the other, if we follow something similar to SA.
We are far bigger than SA. So, while it is likely the case that current hotspots will see improvement in a month or so (that’s the projection here in CT), Omicron will just spread elsewhere.

And then the Pi variant will arrive by 3/14.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom