News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbaldrar

We're Passholders planning a visit for Sunday and this is awesome news. Seemed WDW was the only place where we say out loud "Oh snap! Where's my mask?" Personally we simply avoided indoor areas when possible and just enjoyed the day. The inside/outside rule was always subject to interpretation by the Cast Members anyway....One weekend at AK guests were told to wear a mask while outside in a queue and the the next day at Hollywood Studios not a single Cast Member asked a guest to wear a mask while outside a queue.

drnilescrane

The connection between the TSA rules and the Disney transport rules has been brought up before, but it doesn't explain why Universal doesn't require masks on it's transpiration, unless it's a case of Disney just following the TSA rules voluntarily.
Different corporate culture. It's a bit of a grey area, and in that case Disney is typically very proactive and errs towards the most cautious interpretation. Universal generally will be reactive and will wait to be challenged.

donsullivan

Premium Member
The connection between the TSA rules and the Disney transport rules has been brought up before, but it doesn't explain why Universal doesn't require masks on it's transpiration, unless it's a case of Disney just following the TSA rules voluntarily.
Disney came under NTSB jurisdiction following the monorail accident in 2009. It was the first time NSTB had exercised jurisdiction over WDW transportation systems. Ever since then, Disney has operated most of their large scale transportation systems under NTSB guidelines.

Last edited:

Tom P.

Social media has taught me that many people are miserable and perpetually unhappy. If you can’t find happiness at WDW, I imagine that is more indicative of your life away from WDW than there.
The phrase "Twitter is not real life" is cliched, but I believe it's true. People act miserable and perpetually unhappy on Twitter because they enjoy it. But I don't think most people are running around like that in their real, day-to-day lives.

BuddyThomas

So….masks come off February 17. These parks are at capacity and no further reservations being taken immediately afterwards. Coincidence? I dunno. Presidents’ Day crowds? Maybe. But capacity crowds don’t sound much more fun than having to wear something over your mouth and nose. Be careful what you wish for, I guess:

Parks at capacity immediately following mask rules being lifted:

• February 18: Magic Kingdom
  • February 19: Magic Kingdom, Disney’s Animal Kingdom
  • February 20: Magic Kingdom, Disney’s Animal Kingdom
  • February 21: Magic Kingdom, Disney’s Animal Kingdom, Disney’s Hollywood Studios
  • February 22: Magic Kingdom, Disney’s Animal Kingdom, Disney’s Hollywood Studios
  • February 23: Magic Kingdom, Disney’s Hollywood Studios
  • February 24: Magic Kingdom, Disney’s Hollywood Studios

Trauma

So….masks come off February 17. These parks are at capacity and no further reservations being taken immediately afterwards. Coincidence? I dunno. Presidents’ Day crowds? Maybe. But capacity crowds don’t sound much more fun than having to wear something over your mouth and nose. Be careful what you wish for, I guess:

• February 21: Magic Kingdom, Disney’s Animal Kingdom, Disney’s Hollywood Studios
  • February 22: Magic Kingdom, Disney’s Animal Kingdom, Disney’s Hollywood Studios
Wait what? We where told no one was waiting for masks to drop before they went back.

Everyone was perfectly happy masking accept for a couple of “bad” apples on these forums.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!

Just about all of those dates were booked up prior to this announcement, fyi.

SingleRider

Will they require masks on the Friendship boats? Last July the captain said they were not required but when I rode in January of this year they were required.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom