News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Incomudro

No, the CDC has not changed the definition of "fully vaccinated." They still define it as having received the primary series of vaccinations. They have added a new term, "up to date," which means you have also received any appropriate boosters.

So, fully vaxxed is two shots, "up to date" is three.

Touchdown

They aren’t quite going with CDC guidelines by jumping in 2-4 weeks earlier then my prediction but given the trajectory nationwide and in those states I don’t really have a problem with this. What will be mildly interesting is if California has a mini bump because people had been following rules, and Omicron is 2x more prevalent there then Florida and the country at large (which isn’t really following the rules thus I expect no change in numbers.

I think this will be the status quo through summer, who knows what happens come fall (ie will a new varient arise)
2B8BC325-4995-4F90-84E8-D27A9F29C7FF.jpeg
3A3F1DE7-4EE5-41EB-8B04-0332C3894FB6.jpeg
98133B9B-2DDB-44A5-99EB-848E8461CC84.jpeg

correcaminos

I would wager that people from all over the planet will Enjoy their vacations with the ability to Still wear a mask if they choose.

I have friends visiting there right now and her and her daughter are wearing masks even outdoors. That's their choice and there's nothing wrong with it. They're having a wonderful trip right alongside people who are not wearing masks.

And for anybody wondering why they would mask outdoors, her husband is on the film crew for black panther 2 and they get tested frequently so they Are being extra cautious while traveling.
I had a friend who did that for an elective surgery this past summer when cases were low. For 2 weeks she masked and requested outdoor meals when getting together. I respect not wanting to risk something. My own kid can remove masks end of month 2 weeks before our trip. He asked to still wear as he doesn't want to risk testing positive for the trip (he has never tested positive for covid which is insane considering his activities). Whatever you want kid.... really and truly. He's 14 so not a dummy and tbh with other yuck going around still maybe not the worst idea?

I'll never judge someone who wants to wear. I have friends who said outdoors they helped in allergy season. Do whatever you want.

We still have them here for a short while and the federal mandate means buses here as well as at Disney so we'll still have to figure out best for our next trip. I could drive to Epcot from Polynesian but the monorail.... but masks... we'll see what we do. Plane ride will require too.

correcaminos

I wonder if they’ll have paper face masks available at transportation. There will be an increase in people ”forgetting” a mask.
This is what is on my mind and what might make me drive to all parks outside of MK (we can ferry or boat there). We travel so light - truly sometimes cell phone only - so a mask does add to complexities especially with women's pockets. If they offered it would be nice.

Chip Chipperson

Masks are required while on all guest transportation regardless of vaccination status, but are optional for fully vaccinated cast members on cast transportation.

Interestingly enough, during our stay in December, we took the boat from Wilderness Lodge to Magic Kingdom. The CM who told us masks were required on the boat didn't wear his the entire time even though he was reminding guests to wear them as they boarded the boat. I'm not sure if he just forgot to put his on or thought nobody would notice.

G00fyDad

Hopefully they will be gone for all transportation (Disney or not) by the time we go in October but if it is still a thing then so be it. We'll wear one.

correcaminos

I just find it odd they made this announcement yesterday instead of today. I was at the park yesterday prior to the announcement and today I’m at AK right now and I can tell you compliance and enforcement have dropped. I’m posting this more because I just witnessed a guest arguing with a CM @ FOP.
Not odd to me they give some warning. Sad that people fight others over it.

Joffrey

I just find it odd they made this announcement yesterday instead of today. I was at the park yesterday prior to the announcement and today I’m at AK right now and I can tell you compliance and enforcement have dropped. I’m posting this more because I just witnessed a guest arguing with a CM @ FOP.
My advice to any CMs working today, just be Elsa.

Trauma

It sucks wish the CM’s didn’t have to deal with it but the good news is it all ends tomorrow.

Many of the CM’s themselves have to be fed up with wearing masks personally and finally get to be free from mandates.

Just one more day.

Ayla

I knew that would happen. As most people know, I am very pro-mask, but even I knew the announcement would cause issues today.

"I have to wear one today, but not tomorrow? How does that make any sense?"

I don't disagree. It should have been effective today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom