News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
According to the report, omicron patients tended to be younger, and the variant was not found as often among the older population. Those infected with the variant mainly experienced fatigue and body aches. Still, it is still unknown what effect infection has on the older adults with underlying medical conditions such as diabetes or heart disease.

Prof. Dror Mevorach, head of the coronavirus department at Hadassah University Hospital Ein Karem, said the preliminary reports on the clinical condition of people infected with the new variant are encouraging. “If it continues this way, this might be a relatively mild illness compared to the delta variant, and paradoxically, if it takes over, it will lead to lower infection rates,” and it will be easier to deal with globally.

Don’t see anything to be worried about so far.
Still trust my 3 shots of Moderna.

If the science shows this is somehow an ACTUAL risk to vaccinated and boosterized healthy people I will reconsider masking.

Until then I will continue to live my life mask free.
You missed Day 1 of this…like Cane and countless others…

letting things “spin” increases the chances of more changes…cause like…science.

do we have to get to a problem on everyone’s front steps before people start doing the wise things?

rhetorical question…I know.

maybe if people weren’t ultimately whining about amusement parks and cruise ships here…but you know…that’s still ground zero…

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
If the rule is wear a mask, wear a damn mask.

I assume you’d be fine if a surgeon decided not to wear a mask when you are sitting on their table wide open. Not worried at all about droplets entering your body cavity causing potential infection or serious illness?

Bunch of real smart people in here, clearly just wanting to have some control or power over something in their sad lives, despite how idiotic it is.

There are far worthier battles you could fight for.
This is ultimately about the magic kingdom
And a 45th ride on mine train. I can’t act like the bull isn’t the bull somedays
Give them a break. This is their Battle of Bunker Hill. 🤣🤣
The problem is bunker hill was fought on Breeds Hill…

…so maybe if we tell them to dig trenches on bunker (next to a Dunkin’ Donuts)…they’ll leave the rest of us tired of this alone?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Lol. What a weird comparison. Do you think these situations are anything close to the same thing?
Yes…one is completely frivolous on a forum talking about travel to Disney locations (I company…I might add…who appears to not care to earn the business of the people of forums such as this at all right now)

MikeyK72

As a DVC person I am not following what the issue is. You either follow rules or rent or bank points. It's not difficult
I guess I wasn't clear enough...

- December use year
- Trip planned for Oct 2021 booked at the 7 month when masks were temporarily dropped (NOTE: points for this trip will expire on 11/30/21)
- Masks re-instated after booking and past past our bank window
- At that time with a few months to spare, yes we could have tried to rent (but couldn't bank)
- We decided to keep the reservation and gamble that indoor masks would be dropped (because we wanted the trip and thought that since Uni and the others didn't require them Disney would soon follow).
- We lost the gamble so were faced with either (a) we take the trip knowing that we wouldn't be happy or (b) we don't go and lose the points and money for them (because the points were going to expire in about 35 days).

With the Jan 2022 trip, we aren't in the situation of points expiring or missing the banking window so we can simply cancel 31 days out.

MikeyK72

People making mountains out of molehills.

It's not hard at all to live your life as before, you just wear a mask. Wearing a mask hasn't stopped me from enjoying the parks, hasn't stopped me from traveling as I did before, I still go to bars and restaurants, etc.

If wearing a mask is stopping someone from going to the parks, the problem lies with them.
We don't give two flips about the parks. We go to Disney for the other experiences such as dining, golf, pool, lounges etc. And yes, the problem does lie with DW and I because, as is our right to have an opinion, we despise wearing masks on vacation we when don't have to do so at home. Paying to be inconvenienced on vacation isn't a vacation in our opinion.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
We don't give two flips about the parks. We go to Disney for the other experiences such as dining, golf, pool, lounges etc. And yes, the problem does lie with DW and I because, as is our right to have an opinion, we despise wearing masks on vacation we when don't have to do so at home. Paying to be inconvenienced on vacation isn't a vacation in our opinion.
I think you need to bank/dump then until this blows over…

I mean…I feel bad for you (because the Tomlin/Roethlisberger house of cards is on fire as we speak 🤪)…but you’re trying too hard.

3 trips in a year that would result in tears in adults?

Is that worth it?

MikeyK72

Or rent the points and actually make some money off of the situation. It'll cover the dues for the year plus some extra. Nobody is truly trapped with DVC unless they choose to be now that attendance has picked up - especially since not all resorts are open 100% so DVC owners have a product (Disney resort room) with limited supply.
There are situations as I explained in other posts where the timing prevents folks from renting. Have you ever tried to rent with about 35 days left before the points expire? That's one of the dangers of booking a reservation in the month before your next use year.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
There are situations as I explained in other posts where the timing prevents folks from renting. Have you ever tried to rent with about 35 days left before the points expire? That's one of the dangers of booking a reservation in the month before your next use year.
That is a hard situation…I just think you need to not book and look for 2018 to return until 35 days out…

that’s what it seems

Vegas Disney Fan

Sounds like you could just avoid the rides and have a maskless trip, all the things you mentioned can be done maskless.

You’d only need a mask while checking in to golf at the clubhouse and while walking to and from your table in the restaurants and lounges. It would be a 99% mask free trip.

I loathe masks with a passion but now that outdoor masks are gone it’s pretty easy to not wear them, we went in a November and were maskless probably 90% of our trip, all while doing all the parks and without ever breaking the mask rules.

Angel Ariel

- December use year
- Trip planned for Oct 2021 booked at the 7 month when masks were temporarily dropped (NOTE: points for this trip will expire on 11/30/21)
- At that time with a few months to spare, yes we could have tried to rent (but couldn't bank)
- We decided to keep the reservation and gamble that indoor masks would be dropped (because we wanted the trip and thought that since Uni and the others didn't require them Disney would soon follow).
- We lost the gamble so were faced with either (a) we take the trip knowing that we wouldn't be happy or (b) we don't go and lose the points and money for them (because the points were going to expire in about 35 days).

With the Jan 2022 trip, we aren't in the situation of points expiring or missing the banking window so we can simply cancel 31 days out.
Or (c) - (general) you could have taken the trip, stayed at the DvC, and changed your day plans to go to other activities in Orlando that didn’t have mask mandates.

I get not being happy with a trip in a mask - and no judgment on that, truly. And I get the difficult situation you were in - but if I were facing an (a) and (b) choice as you delineate here, i would be seriously looking at how could I create a choice C - what we could/would do differently on the trip to make it enjoyable. Perhaps you did, I don’t know you so I am not commenting on you specifically, just saying I see more than a/b choices here.

correcaminos

- December use year

I get the banking window issue, but honestly it sounds like you made a bad gamble and you could have rented but chose not to. I'm sorry you felt your trip was ruined by masks indoors. I've done two trips now with indoor masks and considering at home we still have mask mandates it was livable. I really think that if masks are a killer, don't bother even planning. We all knew this was fluid. You also could have skipped Disney and just used the room for Universal since that's what you seemed to want.

Danissmart

I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry at the fact that the "rebels" here have taken to invoking saints, Star Trek characters, and civil liberties in their desperate bid to justify their entitlement. And all because they feel that visiting a theme park (!) maskless during a pandemic is some fundamental human right. You couldn't make this nonsense up.
Yes. It’s the people who want everyone to make their own decisions that are the entitled ones. Definitely not the people that want the world to conform to their level of risk tolerance. Makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom