• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Chip Chipperson

The Scarlett Johansson lawsuit BLIP was a very brief feeding frenzy by story hungry entertainment media. After a brief flash all parties sat down, resolved the differences and walked away happy. The story is now nothing and no one cares.

I never claimed that they didn't resolve their differences or that the story is still a big deal, just that Disney got blasted for how they handled when it was unfolding. There is nothing defensible about a media company trashing a big star like that - especially when it's someone they planned to work with in the future. There were plenty of ways they could have defended themselves (or simply said that they won't comment on pending litigation) without trying to damage her reputation. Even if they thought they did nothing wrong, why risk alienating not only Scarlett Johansson but also other stars who could look at those statements and think, "Well why would I ever want to work with Disney when I have my choice of who to work with?" You said they never get put in that position by the media, so I gave a very recent example of a time that they were in exactly that position.

mkt

Maleante Izquierdozo
Premium Member
Demand letters would be private but if they were actually sued it would show up on the publicly searchable court records even if they end up settling. Have you searched to find them?
I have. Most of the lawsuits right now are right at Florida's statute of limitations, so they're from 2017 claims that weren't successfully settled out of court.

Wait until 2023-2025, then you'll start seeing suits from pandemic times.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
While I don’t agree with what they did to Scarlett, with the large share of the entertainment industry owned by Disney, actors don’t really have too much of a choice. IMO
If Disney had done what Scarlett claims she wanted Disney to have done, she would have made LESS money, not more. The lawsuit was based on a Black Widow theatrical-exclusive release making Iron Man money, which was never going to happen even if there hadn't been a pandemic.

MagicHappens1971

If Disney had done what Scarlett claims she wanted Disney to have done, she would have made LESS money, not more. The lawsuit was based on a Black Widow theatrical-exclusive release making Iron Man money, which was never going to happen even if there hadn't been a pandemic.
Had there not been a pandemic Black Widow probably would’ve grossed in the upper 800-900 millions. Captain Marvel, Black Panther, and pretty much all of the newer marvel movies have made more than the first 2 Iron Man films. Black Widow is an incredibly popular character and the film would’ve done great…. Regardless what’s done is done, the fact that a star like Scarlett who worked for Disney for over 10 years had to make such a scene to get what she asked for or for Disney to make a deal with her is riddiculous

disneygeek90

Premium Member
Honestly if I ran a cruise company. You’re signing a waiver to get on right now.
I got off a RCL cruise on Saturday and it was great. Had zero covid concerns. A fully vaccinated ship 12+, all tested within two days, and anyone under 12 taking a PCR and rapid before boarding??

That’s the most covid checkpoints and precautions I’ve experienced in the entirety of the pandemic. Going on a plane a few months ago felt awful.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
I got off a RCL cruise on Saturday and it was great. Had zero covid concerns. A fully vaccinated ship 12+, all tested within two days, and anyone under 12 taking a PCR and rapid before boarding??
Disney is even more strict than that. Fully vaccinated 12+, soon to be 5+, unvaccinated kids tested in advance, and everyone, regardless of vaccination status, testing before boarding.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Top Bottom