News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeCamel

Really? Will they never do it? Come on.

When they feel comfortable, they’ll do it. No worries.

Maybe they don’t want to stop masking now and then have to reinstate again with the winter spike of the unvaccinated.
I think Mu was found in Altamonte Springs so they probably are not in a hurry to act. Have to see how that plays out this winter.

Angel Ariel

that’s what worries me. If they didn’t drop them with the #’s look this good what will WDW need to see to drop them? Or will the never do it?

After doing some further digging Florida's infection rate is rising. From 20.9 to 21.08 within the last 24 hours. So are a few other states where it had been falling off a cliff. Delta/COVID may be making a return.
Or maybe they see that vaccine approval for 5-11 is so close that they figure waiting a bit for that to go through first isn’t a huge deal. 🤷‍♀️

Dan Deesnee

that’s what worries me. If they didn’t drop them with the #’s look this good what will WDW need to see to drop them? Or will the never do it?

After doing some further digging Florida's infection rate is rising. From 20.9 to 21.08 within the last 24 hours. So are a few other states where it had been falling off a cliff. Delta/COVID may be making a return.

That rise is what would be called statistically insignificant. Data rarely moves in perpetually one direction.

WDW will drop the mask mandate indoors eventually. No need to be worried they'll keep it forever.

Heelz2315

That rise is what would be called statistically insignificant. Data rarely moves in perpetually one direction.

WDW will drop the mask mandate indoors eventually. No need to be worried they'll keep it forever.

You don’t think we’ll see a plateau or rise?

Angel Ariel

But the biggest mistake to me was that school districts had the entire summer to figure out how to do things in person and in most cases just didn’t. It also showed me that our priorities as a society are pretty ****ed up. Bars and restaurants were open in plenty of places long before schools were in person. Make that make sense.
Yes, and - I also think the pandemic highlighted the crises in education that have been long coming. Social distancing isn’t possible when you’ve got over crowded classrooms, and no space to PUT kids in order to social distance. add to that old buildings with crappy ventilation because capital expenditures aren’t funded in a manner to keep up with the need, etc, etc - basically all the things that cdc was saying were necessary layered mitigations weren’t really physically possible with the state of our schools across the country.

we’ve overlooked and underfunded education and infrastructure for decades. The pandemic really shone a light on the impact of that.

I would have loved to send my kid to school in person last year. But the teachers in self contained classrooms were wearing latex gloves, face shields, masks, lab coats, etc. she already has significant fears of medical personnel. Precisely because the kids in those classrooms couldn’t wear masks, couldn’t social distance, need hands on instruction, etc. Sending her to school in that environment would also have been traumatic.

and that’s really what this all comes down to. It’s a global pandemic, and there’s been global trauma. And we can’t just ignore it - we have to process it and work through it as a society as well as as individualsZ

Trauma

Can we get back on topic here? Are there any insider reports regarding any changes at Disney in the future? I arrive on November 6th so I am crossing my fingers here.
Well we were told the policy announcement was coming yesterday and it never materialized.

Those making that claim have since disappeared.

Make of that what you will.

I am wondering if Disney has found that setting dates in the future for removal of masks as not effective and difficult to enforce in the days leading. I am curious if Disney acts in favor of an "effective immediately" policy and removes the signage with the holiday decoration change over team.

Magic Feather

There is a temptation to wait for Anaheim to be in a good spot to remove face coverings indoors again like they did in June.

That said, expect any announcement to feel very last minute.

Lastly, just a note on guest compliance. 95% of the time if a guest has it down indoors in what is not a gray area (like a restaurant or Waterpark) they didn’t “forget,” they are intentionally breaking the rule. These are the type of people that cast have been complaining about and the people that make their lives more difficult. Please do not be that person, because while some would rather look away, if certain Coordinators and Managers are nearby, they need to be reminding every guest or they could face a reprimand. Regardless of whether you agree with the policy, don’t be that person. You aren’t being cute, you aren’t being funny, you’re being a [insert expletive of choice. If you really don’t like the policy that much, just ride outdoor rides or better yet, don’t come. Just don’t make life harder for CM’s, especially in the 11th hour of this policy.

correcaminos

There is a temptation to wait for Anaheim to be in a good spot to remove face coverings indoors again like they did in June.

That said, expect any announcement to feel very last minute.

Lastly, just a note on guest compliance. 95% of the time if a guest has it down indoors in what is not a gray area (like a restaurant or Waterpark) they didn’t “forget,” they are intentionally breaking the rule. These are the type of people that cast have been complaining about and the people that make their lives more difficult. Please do not be that person, because while some would rather look away, if certain Coordinators and Managers are nearby, they need to be reminding every guest or they could face a reprimand. Regardless of whether you agree with the policy, don’t be that person. You aren’t being cute, you aren’t being funny, you’re being a [insert expletive of choice. If you really don’t like the policy that much, just ride outdoor rides or better yet, don’t come. Just don’t make life harder for CM’s, especially in the 11th hour of this policy.
I sincerely forgot to put mine on getting in line. I was having an animated conversation with a friend and did simply forget. So no, not all are intentionally breaking the rule.

The other time I screwed up, all of our masks fell in the water at the pool when a gust of wind got them. So what were we supposed to do? I'm very good with mask compliance but we're not all perfect. People can absolutely legitimately forget walking indoors or lose them unexpectedly. Kindness and understanding go a long way.

nickys

Premium Member
Well we were told the policy announcement was coming yesterday and it never materialized.

The announcement was thought to be coming yesterday to come into play on Monday.

Magic Feather

I sincerely forgot to put mine on getting in line. I was having an animated conversation with a friend and did simply forget. So no, not all are intentionally breaking the rule.

The other time I screwed up, all of our masks fell in the water at the pool when a gust of wind got them. So what were we supposed to do? I'm very good with mask compliance but we're not all perfect. People can absolutely legitimately forget walking indoors or lose them unexpectedly. Kindness and understanding go a long way.
Absolutely there are times when it’s unintentional; it happens to the best of us. And of course all of these matters will end up being treated with courtesy and professionalism, that’s how Disney has trained it’s cast for years; That’s why I gave the 95% (which may even be closer to 90%). That said, when cast are seeing people pulling down their face coverings as a vehicle pulls out of load or just as they think they are “in the clear” a large portion of the time, it’s clear that most do it intentionally.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member

I make of that the same thing I always make of it when people say Disney is going to do something today and then it doesn’t happen: they had a plan and failed to get everyone aligned internally in time, so the date slipped. I believe the individuals in the crowd who said it was coming.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

They’re gonna drop it…it just wasn’t gonna be a day later

masks provide them some business cover right now too…don’t dismiss that possibility

correcaminos

Absolutely there are times when it’s unintentional; it happens to the best of us. And of course all of these matters will end up being treated with courtesy and professionalism, that’s how Disney has trained it’s cast for years; That’s why I gave the 95% (which may even be closer to 90%). That said, when cast are seeing people pulling down their face coverings as a vehicle pulls out of load or just as they think they are “in the clear” a large portion of the time, it’s clear that most do it intentionally.
I think there are different situations with different percentages to be honest. Someone pulling down with a ride starting is intentionally doing it. Those just walking around I give more of a 50/50 shot. That's why I replied. I think it's way less than even 90%

We felt awful with the pool situation. No one was awake back at the room so we ran for it and were stopped by others asking for directions. Awkward but they were cool and understood seeing them dripping. I think most people have good intentions. Some really don't though.

I am secretly hoping for news based on numbers only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom