News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trauma

That study is an outlier.

Most studies arrive at the 7%-12% range.

One study doesn't necessarily mean it's true.
Ohh so 14% may have some additional tiredness and headaches?

Plenty of the non Covid respondents reported the same symptoms.

These symptoms may last up to six weeks?

Once they get to college these symptoms will be more permanent.

mikejs78

Premium Member

You apparently have reading comprehension difficulties and also don't understand statistical analysis from a baseline.

It's not just tiredness and headaches. It's more akin to chronic fatigue syndrome, where it becomes debilitating.

A pediatrician friend of mine has seen this in several of her patients. One was a soccer player who now can't play because they get winded too easily.

Don't be so callous.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

I bet you were one of those John Hopkins graduates that’s been talking about that “strong, natural immunity” as a reason to spread the Vid as well? Bet I can find it 🤪

how’s that one going today?

Trauma

You apparently have reading comprehension difficulties and also don't understand statistical analysis from a baseline.

It's not just tiredness and headaches. It's more akin to chronic fatigue syndrome, where it becomes debilitating.

A pediatrician friend of mine has seen this in several of her patients. One was a soccer player who now can't play because they get winded too easily.

Don't be so callous.
Sure Mike.

Give me a number.

How many children in the states have either died or will suffer long term medical issues due to Covid?

Make it worst case.

Trauma

I bet you were one of those John Hopkins graduates that’s been talking about that “strong, natural immunity” as a reason to spread the Vid as well? Bet I can find it 🤪

how’s that one going today?
What are you going on about again?

Im fully vaccinated and think everyone including those who have had Covid should get vaccinated.

The evidence is OVERWHELMING that the vaccines work.

mikejs78

Premium Member
Sure Mike.

Give me a number.

How many children in the states have either died or will suffer long term medical issues due to Covid?

Make it worst case.
Death? Several hundred.

Long term medical issues? That's harder to know, because we really don't understand the long term effects of COVID yet. What we do know:

• A number of children who have had COVID are experiencing longer term effects.
  • We are finding that COVID can cause damage to various organs, including the heart, lungs, and brain, even in seemingly mild cases.
That alone should give us as a society pause. We don't know yet what the effects will be. Hopefully, over time, the effects will lessen and be non-impactful. But on the other end of the spectrum, we could end up with a whole generation of people who end up with significant health problems later in life because of this virus. We just don't know yet and we won't for years.

The infuriating part about all this is we have solutions, just a number of people refuse to make use of them.

doctornick

You’re correct - the real threat is the two years of learning and socialization that children have lost. Kids that were 4th graders at the start of the pandemic are now in middle school and those on 8th grade are now 10th graders, many having switched schools and environments without ever having a change to properly transition from elementary to middle and middle to high school. Those who fail to realize that we will have a true lost generation on our hands unless we get our kids back to in-person learning are doing more damage than COVID.

Serious question: are there a lot of places that are not doing in person learning at this point? I live in relatively blue state and we didn't have in person last year until close to the end of the year, but have been in person all year so far (albeit with masks). My parents in a different state have also had their schools in person all year.

I'm sure there are isolated examples but is virtual learning really a "thing" at this point?

Trauma

Glad to see your on the pro vaccine side of things.
Why wouldn’t I be?

My problem is with masks.

I just don’t think masks really matter at this point.

My daughters school still masks even though they are all of age to get vaccinated.

Why?

These kids are more protected from Covid than a vaccinated adult just by being young.

I want my daughter to have her childhood back and if that means subjecting her to a .000005 percent chance of a negative outcome ( she is vaccinated ) then so be it.

Angel Ariel

You’re correct - the real threat is the two years of learning and socialization that children have lost. Kids that were 4th graders at the start of the pandemic are now in middle school and those on 8th grade are now 10th graders, many having switched schools and environments without ever having a change to properly transition from elementary to middle and middle to high school. Those who fail to realize that we will have a true lost generation on our hands unless we get our kids back to in-person learning are doing more damage than COVID.
Our whole state is back in person learning this year…pretty sure most are?

Angel Ariel

Don't be so callous.

Thank you. Plus as someone whose kid is already exhausted at the end of a school day - physically, sensory wise, and emotionally - from the additional effort she has to put into everything that neuro and physically typical people don’t have to - yeah, additional fatigue like this would be incredibly difficult.

jpeden

In the Parks
No
Serious question: are there a lot of places that are not doing in person learning at this point? I live in relatively blue state and we didn't have in person last year until close to the end of the year, but have been in person all year so far (albeit with masks). My parents in a different state have also had their schools in person all year.

I'm sure there are isolated examples but is virtual learning really a "thing" at this point?

Our whole state is back in person learning this year…pretty sure most are?

I work in a very blue county in an extremely red state and that county which is one of the poorest in the nation per capita where there is serious food insecurity with a large amount of their student population keeps sending schools virtual due to cases. It is a nightmare for parents and students for a multitude of reasons. Maybe I am jaded by this specific county’s actions that consistently harm students (not even related to COVID - it’s one of the worst school districts in the country), but virtual learning is still very much a thing around my area.

Angel Ariel

I work in a very blue county in an extremely red state and that county which is one of the poorest in the nation per capita where there is serious food insecurity with a large amount of their student population keeps sending schools virtual due to cases. It is a nightmare for parents and students for a multitude of reasons. Maybe I am jaded by this specific county’s actions that consistently harm students (not even related to COVID - it’s one of the worst school districts in the country), but virtual learning is still very much a thing around my area.
Ahh, ok. I’m in a large district, but our area has a very high vax rate and no full schools have had to close down for cases. Individuals have been put on pause/quarantined/isolated, and there was 1 full class situation I was aware of, but no full schools.

mikejs78

Premium Member
I just don’t think masks really matter at this point.

My daughters school still masks even though they are all of age to get vaccinated.

Why?

These kids are more protected from Covid than a vaccinated adult just by being young.

I want my daughter to have her childhood back and if that means subjecting her to a .000005 percent chance of a negative outcome ( she is vaccinated ) then so be it.

Schools with masks did better during the Delta wave than schools without masks as far as outbreaks, staying open, etc.

In my state in the Northeast, they are requiring masks in a school until 80% of the faculty, staff, and student body are fully vaccinated.. That sounds like a good approach to me.

Trauma

Schools with masks did better during the Delta wave than schools without masks as far as outbreaks, staying open, etc.

In my state in the Northeast, they are requiring masks in a school until 80% of the faculty, staff, and student body are fully vaccinated.. That sounds like a good approach to me.
How many schools have met that goal?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
What are you going on about again?

Im fully vaccinated and think everyone including those who have had Covid should get vaccinated.

The evidence is OVERWHELMING that the vaccines work.
You just keep pushing against any precautions - which are no big deal - because “I want my Disney!”

it’s been almost two years…and the same Sabre rattling keeps going.

what I was referring to was many of the Hoaxtables - and maybe not you (it’s hard to read 5,000 falsehoods and keep them all straight) - had advocated “natural immunity”…you know, so they could ride Peter Pan?…as superior and therefore let’s spread it…

but breaking news on that front.
Glad to see your on the pro vaccine side of things.
I agree…I applaud the vaccine stance…it makes those $31,000 week trips much more safe.

corsairk09

1635594056788.jpeg

Me checking for the mask announcement that never came

Heelz2315

…maybe it’s not actually a big deal to them? They are good with data

that’s what worries me. If they didn’t drop them with the #’s look this good what will WDW need to see to drop them? Or will the never do it?

After doing some further digging Florida's infection rate is rising. From 20.9 to 21.08 within the last 24 hours. So are a few other states where it had been falling off a cliff. Delta/COVID may be making a return.

Last edited:

Tony the Tigger

that’s what worries me. If they didn’t drop them with the #’s look this good what will WDW need to see to drop them? Or will the never do it?
Really? Will they never do it? Come on.

When they feel comfortable, they’ll do it. No worries.

Maybe they don’t want to stop masking now and then have to reinstate again with the winter spike of the unvaccinated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom