News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yellow Shoes

Death? Several hundred.

Long term medical issues? That's harder to know, because we really don't understand the long term effects of COVID yet. What we do know:

• A number of children who have had COVID are experiencing longer term effects.
  • We are finding that COVID can cause damage to various organs, including the heart, lungs, and brain, even in seemingly mild cases.
That alone should give us as a society pause. We don't know yet what the effects will be. Hopefully, over time, the effects will lessen and be non-impactful. But on the other end of the spectrum, we could end up with a whole generation of people who end up with significant health problems later in life because of this virus. We just don't know yet and we won't for years.

The infuriating part about all this is we have solutions, just a number of people refuse to make use of them.
Not a few people who survived polio as children have seen it bite them again as adults. No one expected that in 1952. We can't know for decades what mischief COVID may play on these kids when they grow up.

ToTBellHop

What happened to the mask policy change that was said to be coming last Friday?
I only recall one person saying it would come Friday. I don’t know the exact timing. There is likely an interplay with vaccines for kids. That hasn’t been finalized even though we all know it will be.

ToTBellHop

The guess was wrong. Another guess will surface at some point, and another, and another. Eventually, a guess will be correct and the poster hailed as a god
Will people offer to purchase Individual Attraction Lightning Lane times for that person?

Mark52479

I only recall one person saying it would come Friday. I don’t know the exact timing. There is likely an interplay with vaccines for kids. That hasn’t been finalized even though we all know it will be.
It was more than one person. It was multiple people on different boards.

Blog Mickey just put out a good article about it. Seems likely in the next couple of weeks they will relax the mask policy

Heelz2315

Blog Mickey just put out a good article about it. Seems likely in the next couple of weeks they will relax the mask policy
I read that and have a question. Here's what they say.

"
So, when will the case rate drop low enough to be in the “moderate” tier? Well, the CDC has forecasted COVID-19 case numbers to drop over the next three weeks before ticking back up in December. If the forecasted predictions hold true, the COVID-19 weekly case count should be at its lowest since the theme parks reopened back in July 2020.

The next question is: will Disney change their policy once Orange County moves into the “Moderate” tier? We think they will. In all likelihood, Disney World will relax their face mask mandates to make it optional for fully vaccinated individuals to go maskless indoors sometime in November."

If they're going to tick back up why would anyone think WDW will relax them in the first place? I'm beginning to get very confused. I mean literally they'd drop it for like 3 weeks or something?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom