News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Piebald

You know NINE people who died of COVID?
I know/know of 9. Well, 10 but the 10th was a guy I worked with who died last year in June so that was the first death. It was shocking but other than that I barely heard of people even getting covid. Fast forward to around July 2021 and 9 people I know or know of died. A guy I went to HS with (34 y/o), a cop (same age) and his mom died while he was in a coma, 3 people I know had a parent die, a family friend, and 2 former coworkers (from when I worked in the ER)

Fortunately no close family or friends but all people I knew or met years ago. All relatively young too except the family friend who was in his 90s.

I live in Florida FWIW

Trauma

So numbers continue to decline. Mayor Demings today gave vague answers about masks.

They are clearly trying to set up the never ending moving goalpost routine.

It will be some random case number thing.

Then getting 5-11 vaccinated.

Followed by some CDC heat map that shows you are in an area of high spread because of 4 cases from 2 weeks ago.

Let’s not forget those age 4 thru prenatal!

Disney will just have to step up at some point and say enough with this nonsense.

Thelazer

So numbers continue to decline. Mayor Demings today gave vague answers about masks.

They are clearly trying to set up the never ending moving goalpost routine.

It will be some random case number thing.

Then getting 5-11 vaccinated.

Followed by some CDC heat map that shows you are in an area of high spread because of 4 cases from 2 weeks ago.

Let’s not forget those age 4 thru prenatal!

Disney will just have to step up at some point and say enough with this nonsense.

Seaworld / Univseral will make that move first.. They already moved to announce holiday offerings are back.

Ayla

I agree vaccine mandates > mask mandates. Of the 9 people I know/know of who have died from covid, not one was vaccinated. Not a single one. And only one of those deaths resulted in someone really kind of stepping back and urging all those who knew the individual to please get vaccinated. The rest were just like "how could this happen?

Bonus- one even had a funeral and family said "masks were optional' 🤦🏻‍♂️
Idiots. :rolleyes:

dreday3

I hate wearing a mask! We go out all the time, so we always have them on indoors. I don't like it, would rather be without one. I don't understand why that's hard to understand? :D

That said, I'll wear them until they say we don't have to. Most people probably feel the way I do. Middle ground.

mikejs78

Premium Member
I hate wearing a mask! We go out all the time, so we always have them on indoors. I don't like it, would rather be without one. I don't understand why that's hard to understand? :D

That said, I'll wear them until they say we don't have to. Most people probably feel the way I do. Middle.
Oh I agree. I don't like them at all. But they are needed right now for a variety of reasons, mostly because of human behavior at this point.

Trauma

Based on the R0 factor of the Delta Varient, most epidemiologists estimate that we need ~80% of the population vaccinated to get the virus under control. Could be as high as 85% or as low as 75%....
Well thank you for giving an actual answer.

It’s vague but better than I expected.

Since the numbers that you have provided don’t seem possible, is there any other metric besides vaccination rates that you would consider?

Casper Gutman

Since the numbers that you have provided don’t seem possible, is there any other metric besides vaccination rates that you would consider?
Get mad at the people making it seem impossible. Until we hit those kinds of percentages, restrictions like masks need to stay in place. And that isn’t the fault of the people imposing the mandates.

mikejs78

Premium Member

I mean, vaccines are the only way we get out of this permanently. There are other metrics we can use to remove health measures temporarily until another outbreak.

I don't know why it doesn't seem possible. We have a number of other vaccines that have much higher rates than that. And here in MA, we have 75% with a first shot (almost 68% fully vaxxed) . And that's without kids being eligible. We could be at 80-85% by the end of the year. If MA can do it, anyone can.

Short of that, once transmission gets to a 7 day rolling average of < 10 cases per 100k, health measures can be relaxed until there's another outbreak. There's also the possibility that high infection from natural infection + vaccines could end this as well, but there's not enough data to say how far along we are on that path. It *might* happen, but we don't know. So vaccination is our best way out of this mess and back to normal life.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Is the CDC conditioning their mask guidance on vaccination rates?

Not according to them. They're basing it on new cases per 100k or positivity %, which ever is worse. When risk is moderate or low, the vaccinated don't need to wear a mask anymore indoors. For substantial and risk community spread areas, everyone's masked (as per the recommendation).

Why masks still?...

View attachment 592699+

View attachment 592703

View attachment 592702

The mayor and head of the county health dept. anticipate moving from high to substantial by the end of the week. But, it isn't until you get to "low" or "moderate" that the recommendation is that vaccinated people don't have to wear a mask in indoor, public spaces.

mikejs78

Premium Member
Not according to them. They're basing it on new cases per 100k or positivity %, which ever is worse. When risk is moderate or low, the vaccinated don't need to wear a mask anymore indoors. For substantial and risk community spread areas, everyone's masked (as per the recommendation).

Logic would dictate, though, that once vaccination rates get sufficiently high, the cases per 100k and % positivity will naturally fall below the CDC recommendations.

Trauma

I mean, vaccines are the only way we get out of this permanently. There are other metrics we can use to remove health measures temporarily until another outbreak.

I don't know why it doesn't seem possible. We have a number of other vaccines that have much higher rates than that. And here in MA, we have 75% with a first shot (almost 68% fully vaxxed) . And that's without kids being eligible. We could be at 80-85% by the end of the year. If MA can do it, anyone can.

Short of that, once transmission gets to a 7 day rolling average of < 10 cases per 100k, health measures can be relaxed until there's another outbreak. There's also the possibility that high infection from natural infection + vaccines could end this as well, but there's not enough data to say how far along we are on that path. It *might* happen, but we don't know. So vaccination is our best way out of this mess and back to normal life.
Overall, 6,866,236 people or 54% of Illinois's population has been fully vaccinated.

These are the stats for my very blue state of Illinois.

This is why it doesn’t seem possible.

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
Logic would dictate, though, that once vaccination rates get sufficiently high, the cases per 100k and % positivity will naturally fall below the CDC recommendations.
Except you are assuming the enough people are smart enough to get themselves or their kids vaccinated (when available). Some say 80 or 90 percent are the magic number. Someone who took a jab to keep their job may not get their 3 kids vaccinated. 80 percent of the population including children would be a long shot. 90 percent is never going to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom