News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trauma

Disney is very deliberate in what they do. I’m sure they have a plan in place which I’d bet is tied directly to what the CDC says so….
106A5FB7-F3B0-45B3-9C8B-A3FA809C1D75.png
We are under a mask mandate here in Illinois.

I guess getting record low numbers means “masks on”.

Tony the Tigger

Let people make their own choices on how to live and how they want to best protect their family
They aren’t smart enough to do so. They’ve clearly demonstrated that.
No… but from a union perspective it is about the time to go get it. (What about getting there during open times, and impacts on child care eyc…) And as they say time is money. If required it should (in a union state of mind) be paid work time.
Already covered by the Federal Government.
florida just ensured disney won't be able to ask for proof of vaccination
Dumbest. Thing. Ever.
Just like it’s an assumption on yours. Have you seen how many people have been in the parks without masks for the last month or so? I have…I live here. Hardly anyone wants to go back to masks in any capacity during the month of August in Orlando, whether it’s only inside or not.
They’ll just have to grow up and realize not killing people is outweighed by their temporary discomfort.
The parks have been packed. And I mean, packed. With hardly anyone wearing a mask. So what does that tell you?
See my first comment above.

Trauma

No…I guess this does?

remind me where Chicago is again? 😉
Exactly my point.

Our numbers here are very low and we are still yellow.

This means Disney can be yellow for a period of time much longer than I think people are expecting.

A lot of people in this thread said they thought masks off by the 50th.

Almost no chance of that.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
As it should be. Let people make their own choices on how to live and how they want to best protect their family or it’s going to be like this forever

covid isn’t going away just like the flu
It’s not going away…and yet people have been proven ill equipped to make their own choices. That’s how science works…you watched what the test data shows you…then you make the conclusion.
They aren’t smart enough to do so. They’ve clearly demonstrated that.

Dumbest. Thing. Ever.
I completely dispute your second statement.

the dumbest thing EVER is stating that “only parents should decide if their kids should wear a mask in school”

just…I can’t…

outlaw crosswalks, bike helmets…pediatricians…seatbelts…football helmets…

ma and pa know all they need to know to decide…
By not knowing ANYTHING

Muffinpants

This is so ridiculous. I am going down in 2 weeks and yes I will one of those guests with my nose uncovered.
If me being in Oga's with my mask off standing an inch away from a stranger is OK to Disney then it's just as safe for my nose to be exposed in the outdoor ques.
Than just dont wear a mask.. like follow the rules or dont go.. This kinda thinking got us in the mess AGAIN. I am sorry having your nose covered is so oppressive.. universal is that way >>>

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Exactly my point.

Our numbers here are very low and we are still yellow.

This means Disney can be yellow for a period of time much longer than I think people are expecting.

A lot of people in this thread said they thought masks off by the 50th.

Almost no chance of that.
Nope…not happening.

and my point is the one that the “media” won’t make…

it’s the fools in the sticks driving this…like the places without the people? Correction: just enough to be flashpoints and drag the rest of us down.

doesn’t matter where…I bet dimes to dollars I could pull up a map of Pennsylvania and make the same point (the bell weather of the world)…I know it’s that way here in the Jerz.

not to quote an old line…but “if you don’t want To have an inferiority complex then stop doing things that make you appear to be inferior”

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I literally just watched Dr. Arwady live - nothing is being planned right now. That article is from Mayor's Lightfoot's interview with the NYT from last Monday.

I mean sure anything can happen in the future, kind of a safe prediction. But no mask-mandate right now outside of government buildings.
There won’t be any lockdowns or closures as it stands…the politics of that wouldn’t be advantageous to anyone as it stands now.

disneygeek90

This is so ridiculous. I am going down in 2 weeks and yes I will one of those guests with my nose uncovered.
If me being in Oga's with my mask off standing an inch away from a stranger is OK to Disney then it's just as safe for my nose to be exposed in the outdoor ques.
Nothing about going to a theme park right now is 100% safe. However, if for instance you are positive, you are exposing one person or party potentially. Then, you wearing a mask the rest of the time could potentially protect hundreds more. This is a numbers game, not a fail safe.

correcaminos

With that attitude might want to just not go inside then. Seriously why go somewhere when you plan to break the rules. Makes zero sense to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom