News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

celluloid

Interesting that Disney is so strict on the idea but they have never let their iconic face performers in entertainment have a mask option. Something has has frustrated many in entertainment since the beginning.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
After waiting 1 1/2 years to go back after everyone except the kids in my family were vaccinated it appears that my bad luck has held. I guess we couldn’t have picked a worse time.

We made these reservations about 6 months ago and are in a use or lose situation with points.

We’ll mask indoors and out too if we’re in a crowd. No indoor dining.

Hopefully as we’re bathed in virus our immunity will protect us from any serious consequences.

We’ll quarantine and get tested when we get home.

I hope these don’t end up being my famous last words.
If you’re that stressed about it…I’d delay if I were you.

Trauma

I wonder if they have a plan in place for when to drop the mask requirements.

It can’t be Florida getting out of the orange zone or whatever that could take a very long time.

This spike in Florida has to be about to burn out if it’s anything like the UK spike.

Gringrinngghost

It can’t be Florida getting out of the orange zone or whatever that could take a very long time.

This spike in Florida has to be about to burn out if it’s anything like the UK spike.
One forecast has us reaching as high as 83,000 cases a day by August 9th. The other issue is that schools are starting back up on August 10th, and the state has made if where if you mandate a mask you will be defunded and with many kids below 12 who can't get the vaccine yet, numbers will shoot up. I have heard in some districts the official stance for teachers is that they can merely recommend masks and that's as far as they can go.

Only time will tell, but with the way the numbers are going at the moment, who knows.

Lilofan

A plan in place is to take away the masks signs and open up the Rose&Crown bar in Epcot again!

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

who knows? However you’re a bit contradictory…

they may keep them indefinitely…and the UK comparison is a bit of wishful thinking

zakattack99

In the Parks
No
They were not mid-day on Wednesday, FWIW.

Interesting. I have not been down since the skyliner opend do the normally seat parties together all day or just in the morning and closing rush? Mainly I am trying to figure out the best way to get to HS and EPCOT in the morning from POP. I read that when it was single party the line was crazy and that I should use the bus from AoA in the morning. However I had heard that once they started seating parties together the lines where manageable. So just trying to solidify my strategy for later this month.

Also I wonder if the mask mandate is having less impact on vacationers than it is on locals. Locals may not want to deal with the masks as they can just go "whenever" where out of towners have been planning for this for a while and will just suck it up. (this is where I fall planed to have masks when we booked, then got excited that we did not have to ware them, now we are just back to where we started.) Either way its going to be hard to tell the impact as waits should start to drop regardless of mask mandates as the schools open next few weeks.

Seanual757

Interesting. I have not been down since the skyliner opend do the normally seat parties together all day or just in the morning and closing rush? Mainly I am trying to figure out the best way to get to HS and EPCOT in the morning from POP. I read that when it was single party the line was crazy and that I should use the bus from AoA in the morning. However I had heard that once they started seating parties together the lines where manageable. So just trying to solidify my strategy for later this month.

Also I wonder if the mask mandate is having less impact on vacationers than it is on locals. Locals may not want to deal with the masks as they can just go "whenever" where out of towners have been planning for this for a while and will just suck it up. (this is where I fall planed to have masks when we booked, then got excited that we did not have to ware them, now we are just back to where we started.) Either way its going to be hard to tell the impact as waits should start to drop regardless of mask mandates as the schools open next few weeks.

I am a local we were at the MK Saturday lines were not as long as I expected we did go at 4:30 and stayed for the fireworks and that area was packed. We did 4 rides before the fireworks not bad. With them packing folks in I am glad masks are mandatory and I am vaccinated.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

Eh…they’re entering a “slower” season…probably not the best idea to do mixed parties on the ski-lift…for now.

its kinda weird they want to do them anyway - to be honest.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Just curious has anyone seen any other theme park or amusement/entertainment type location require masks again like Disney rather than just “encourage” it? Seems like Disney is the only one doing this at the moment which is…interesting
The National Museum of the US Air Force has gone back to "Everybody Must Mask." But it's still open, and the walk-thru aircraft and exhibits are still open as well.

Like Disney, if you're worried about the mask requirement violating your rights, you have the right to not come to the museum and enjoy its virtual offerings online.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
You mean mixed parties regardless of COVID? Because I agree, I just see way to much risk having people in a space with little supervision... just seems like a recipe for problems after a long night at food and wine...
First…they’re not that big…so packing 10 in there would only be really necessary except at Dump times

second…it’s an awkward silence type scenario.

meh…not really needed per se. not like the throngs of Star Wars geeks ever showed…and they may never open the new rides in Epcot anyway 😉

Last edited:

CuteAsMinnie

Disney is very deliberate in what they do. I’m sure they have a plan in place which I’d bet is tied directly to what the CDC says so….

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom