News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

bryanfze55

One of the key reasons people always said COVID was worse than the flu (and I agreed) is because we had a vaccine for the flu and not for COVID. Well, now we have a vaccine for COVID that is a magnitude more effective than any flu vaccine and also readily available to everyone over 12 (and for those with very rare medical exceptions). Fortunately, despite the panic p**n, children under 12 remain at very low risk for severe outcomes from the delta variant and appear no more likely to die from this or any other COVID variant than they are the regular flu (for which they can get a vaccine) - and though it’s worth noting the regular flu can be quite dangerous for young children, we never actually take precautions as a society.

Vaccinated people are getting the delta variant, yes, but by and large they are still having positive outcomes. We know this. A case count alone should not scare us. We need to get over that. Vaccinated people getting COVID is a phenomenon we’re going to have to live with perpetually - it’s simply too transmissible. For most people, it will be a cold or asymptomatic altogether.

Can vaccinated people spread it? Yes, it appears so. But if they are spreading it to other vaccinated people - can someone explain why that’s any worse than spreading a cold to someone? At the end of the day, it appears the issue remains the unvaccinated - we are burdening responsible people in an effort to protect the irresponsible and unvaccinated. So can someone please explain to me why we need to continue doing this? Why are we protecting idiots from themselves? At what point do we leave them to suffer the consequences of their decision? This isn’t a public health crisis, this is a crisis of the unvaccinated.

Trauma

It’ll be interesting to watch for sure.

like I’ve been trying to say covid is dangerous and serious, but there are also more games being played here than masks being worn
I see what you’re saying…

however…this was also you 👇🏻
Yes that was me.

I stand by that I do not agree with the mask mandate.

Safety theatre when people will be packed in like sardines for fireworks.

However I support Disney’s vaccine mandate for employees.

I Prioritize the vaccines over everything so that’s what matters to me.

HeartOfTeFiti

One of the key reasons people always said COVID was worse than the flu (and I agreed) is because we had a vaccine for the flu and not for COVID. Well, now we have a vaccine for COVID that is a magnitude more effective than any flu vaccine and also readily available to everyone over 12 (and for those with very rare medical exceptions). Fortunately, despite the panic p**n, children under 12 remain at very low risk for severe outcomes from the delta variant and appear no more likely to die from this or any other COVID variant than they are the regular flu (for which they can get a vaccine) - and though it’s worth noting the regular flu can be quite dangerous for young children, we never actually take precautions as a society.

Vaccinated people are getting the delta variant, yes, but by and large they are still having positive outcomes. We know this. A case count alone should not scare us. We need to get over that. Vaccinated people getting COVID is a phenomenon we’re going to have to live with perpetually - it’s simply too transmissible. For most people, it will be a cold or asymptomatic altogether.

Can vaccinated people spread it? Yes, it appears so. But if they are spreading it to other vaccinated people - can someone explain why that’s any worse than spreading a cold to someone? At the end of the day, it appears the issue remains the unvaccinated - we are burdening responsible people in an effort to protect the irresponsible and unvaccinated. So can someone please explain to me why we need to continue doing this? Why are we protecting idiots from themselves? At what point do we leave them to suffer the consequences of their decision? This isn’t a public health crisis, this is a crisis of the unvaccinated.
All children under 12 are unvaccinated

Ponderer

Because the whole problem is that the idiots are giving the virus endless chances to mutate. Lambda is a minor variant, it doesn’t seem to be able to transmit very effectively, but it appears that it has the mechanism to evade the vaccine altogether. You get that feature in a mutation of Delta and we go through all of this all over again.

bryanfze55

All children under 12 are unvaccinated
I understand that. I may have misstated, but I was relaying that the vaccine is available for anyone over 12 EXCEPT for those with rare medical conditions. The flu vaccine is available to children under 12 and even with that, more die from the flu than COVID. Contrary to popular belief, many cancer patients can get the vaccine. My mom got hers while battling stage 3 lymphoma. And we keep going back to the kids under 12 issue, but statistically speaking, there is no more reason to shield them from COVID than there is from the flu. We’ve known for a long time that kids have good outcomes from COVID. There may be more children getting it now in terms of quantity because delta is so much more transmissible.

Trauma

Because the whole problem is that the idiots are giving the virus endless chances to mutate. Lambda is a minor variant, it doesn’t seem to be able to transmit very effectively, but it appears that it has the mechanism to evade the vaccine altogether. You get that feature in a mutation of Delta and we go through all of this all over again.
It can also mutate in a way that makes it more contagious, so it becomes the dominant strain, and significantly less deadly.

Trauma

There's a way to prevent that
Shots in arms and masking until their are shots in arms.
I’m wondering everyones opinion on this.

Once kids have the opportunity to be vaccinated and 35 percent of the population is still not vaccinated do we just let it rip?

Or do we just play mask on mask off games forever, whenever we have another spike among the unvaccinated?

TrainsOfDisney

Once kids have the opportunity to be vaccinated and 35 percent of the population is still not vaccinated do we just let it rip?

Or do we just play mask on mask off games forever whenever we have another spike among the unvaccinated?
If hospitals begin filling up I think restrictions will come back no matter what. Just my guess.

Figgy1

Premium Member

Or do we just play mask on mask off games forever, whenever we have another spike among the unvaccinated?
Mine never came off because I have contact with somebody immunocompromised and risking a breakthrough wouldn't be prudent

HeartOfTeFiti

I understand that. I may have misstated, but I was relaying that the vaccine is available for anyone over 12 EXCEPT for those with rare medical conditions. The flu vaccine is available to children under 12 and even with that, more die from the flu than COVID. Contrary to popular belief, many cancer patients can get the vaccine. My mom got hers while battling stage 3 lymphoma. And we keep going back to the kids under 12 issue, but statistically speaking, there is no more reason to shield them from COVID than there is from the flu. We’ve known for a long time that kids have good outcomes from COVID. There may be more children getting it now in terms of quantity because delta is so much more transmissible.
I do shield my kids from the flu. They get vaccinated every year before flu season, and we will continue to remain extremely cautious with covid until that vaccine is available for them as well. I don't agree with anyone who is saying "let it rip", for several reasons, but the kids not being eligible is a big one for me currently.

bryanfze55

So we are burdening the responsible vaccinated individuals because of speculation? We have no reason to believe there’s going to be a super mutant that evades our vaccines completely and is super transmissible. Could it happen? Sure. But that is ALWAYS going to be the case. I’m not sure what we don’t get about that yet. COVID is here to stay (you can count the number of viruses that have been totally eradicated on one hand) and just like the flu, it will mutate and have different variants on a regular basis. Vaccinated people remain largely, yet not entirely, protected from negative outcomes. If you don’t get poked, that’s on you. Hospitalization and death rates remaining low among children and the vaccinated are literally the only statistics we should be concerned about right now. Everyone else has made their bed.

Trauma

Mine never came off because I have contact with somebody immunocompromised and risking a breakthrough wouldn't be prudent
Yes but everyone always has personal choice.

I’m talking policy for society as a whole in regards to the fact that covid is here to stay.

bryanfze55

I do shield my kids from the flu. They get vaccinated every year before flu season, and we will continue to remain extremely cautious with covid until that vaccine is available for them as well. I don't agree with anyone who is saying "let it rip", for several reasons, but the kids not being eligible is a big one for me currently.
My kids get the flu vaccine and will get the COVID vaccine once available. At the same time, have you really seen the statistics? Your kids are at more risk when you drive them to school. I don’t want my kids to get COVID, because I don’t want them to suffer any inconvenience in their life - but I certainly don’t live in fear of it for them. I don’t expect anyone else to be inconvenienced to prevent them from getting COVID. If I were that scared, I’d keep them home or in a hazmat suit.

HeartOfTeFiti

My kids get the flu vaccine and will get the COVID vaccine once available. At the same time, have you really seen the statistics? Your kids are at more risk when you drive them to school. I don’t want my kids to get COVID, because I don’t want them to suffer any inconvenience in their life - but I certainly don’t live in fear of it for them. I don’t expect anyone else to be inconvenienced to prevent them from getting COVID. If I were that scared, I’d keep them home or in a hazmat suit.
I'm not driving them to school until they're vaccinated, so there's that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom