News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
For the people who wonder how WDW would/should deal with children under 12 not being vaccinated and masks, they can do what Dollywood is doing:

Our revised policy now allows fully vaccinated guests and guests aged 12 and under to visit Dollywood Parks & Resorts without wearing a mask or physically distancing (both indoors or outdoors).

Masks are required for non-vaccinated guests older than age of 12 in all indoor areas and remain optional in outdoor areas where social distancing can be maintained.

Simple!
How are the making sure unvaccinated people are wearing their mask? ;)

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

ToTBellHop

Disney further relaxes its mask policy for Walt Disney World theme parks but the change suggests Disney World may not drop all mask requirements imminently​

I’m sure they want clarity on how to deal with kids and may want to wait for the updated CDC guidance if the county can’t provide that clarification. They’ll never adopt Universal’s current policy.

Disney Glimpses

I’m sure they want clarity on how to deal with kids and may want to wait for the updated CDC guidance if the county can’t provide that clarification.
We can know for certain that Disney is not going to be chasing children around their theme parks asking them to cover their face.

So, they will either just keep them for everyone for a little while longer or allow children to roam freely without them.

ToTBellHop

Kids under 12, no masks. Kids 12 and up, no masks outdoors and no masks indoors if vaccinated. Done. :)
Sure, but the CDC hasn’t said that and most other theme parks have adopted a policy requiring kids to wear masks. Let’s see if Universal adjusts its policy.

jrhwdw

Disney further relaxes its mask policy for Walt Disney World theme parks but the change suggests Disney World may not drop all mask requirements imminently​

So if Masks are not needed for outdoor Stages....does this greenlight F!, BATB, Indy??

Disney Glimpses

My feeling is this change today means we are not going to see a removal of all masks this weekend, which is something that many were expecting not he back of Orange County moving to phase 3.
I understand, but it is such a quick and small change. Devil's advocate: they were preparing new guidance and a leader said "you can update the theater stuff right now actually." I'm not saying they're going to lift it tonight, I would be surprised. But, for a change that is so simple to make, I find it tough to read too much into it.

Disney Glimpses

Sure, but the CDC hasn’t said that and most other theme parks have adopted a policy requiring kids to wear masks. Let’s see if Universal adjusts its policy.
Even in municipalities in the northeast where mask compliance is very high, I almost see no children wearing masks (since the mandates were lifted). And no one says anything.

G00fyDad

We can know for certain that Disney is not going to be chasing children around their theme parks asking them to cover their face.

So, they will either just keep them for everyone for a little while longer or allow children to roam freely without them.

"YOU FORGOT YOUR MASK!!"

chasing GIF

:hilarious: :hilarious:

ToTBellHop

Even in municipalities in the northeast where mask compliance is very high, I almost see no children wearing masks (since the mandates were lifted). And no one says anything.
Right, but Disney needs a policy that makes sense and is evenly enforced, so it will continue to be that, in any specific situation, every guest or no guests will need masks. They won’t require some guests to wear masks in some situations if the CM feels like enforcing the rule. That’s not fair to guests or CMs.

Disney Glimpses

Right, but Disney needs a policy that makes sense and is evenly enforced, so it will continue to be that, in any specific situation, every guest or no guests will need masks. They won’t require some guests to wear masks in some situations if the CM feels like enforcing the rule. That’s not fair to guests or CMs.
It would be unprecedented for Disney to require facial coverings for unvaccinated guests and simply not enforce them with children. However, that seems to be the route everyone else is taking and I could see them following suit.

I can also see them explicitly exempting children from facial coverings altogether. Less likely, but possible.

Point is, there is no scenario where indoor rules are modified to a vaccinated only honor system that requires children to wear them.

dmw

In the Parks
No
agreed. I think masks at WDW will be completely gone as a requirement before the end of June. Mask requirements are dropping so fast in so many other places that if WDW waits too long, it will not be seen as a positive move for the safety of guests and CMs, but instead a negative move to continue having the requirement. Of course, no matter what policy changes are made/not made, the masses are returning.

Disney Glimpses

That is an appropriate risk assessment based on where we are (and one that the CDC should come out with), IMO.

*braces for responses*
Agreed. We have plenty of data to support that notion as well. The risk to kids was low a year ago, now with the vast majority of adult population at least partially immune via vaccination and/or previous infection, the risk to kids is even lower.

Joeamc

Maybe the change that just occurred is to clarify how they will treat masks in theaters only. Because those are mass gathering with a lot of people close to each other indoors. Can be a differ policy for attractions with limited people in attraction vehicles like haunted mansion for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom