News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoFloMagic

Costco was among the first to drop the requirement which was unexpected because they were possibly the first to require masks last year.
Yeah, they've been the fastest to react to cdc guidelines, no matter which direction.

It's so odd things have flipped so quickly. Apparently a study came out showing vaccinated individuals just don't transmit the virus, even if they get infected. I guess that was all the CDC was waiting for... Now we know they don't really get covid much, almost never die from it, and almost never pass it on. Sounds like it was science-based, but man, what an abrupt change after 13 months of masks!

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member

One study and a link to Wikipedia.....

And what was my comment? That most studies were peer reviewed before publication. Never said there wasn't misconduct on the part of researchers. I even provided an incident in which I was directly involved in.

ParentsOf4

Having visited 3 WDW theme parks on the first maskless day (see my earlier photos on this thread), my takeaway is that Guests adopted quickly to Disney’s new policy.

Guests followed rules and wore masks inside and once they entered the traditional start of attraction lines.

Mask wearing was not consistently enforced in outdoor lines that extended well beyond the traditional start. Earlier in the day, I saw more Cast Members asking Guests to wear masks as soon as they entered a queue. Later in the day, this seemed to have evolved to the traditional start of an attraction. We will see what day 2 brings.

I was surprised and impressed at how quickly Guests learned where masks were required, and how readily they followed the new rules.

One special case seems to be outdoor dining areas such as out front at Satu’li Canteen. These are still being guided by indoor dining rules. (Wear masks except when eating or drinking.)

Having Cast Members stationed at store and attraction entrances is critical to the success of the new policy.

Overall, the first day appears to have been very successful!

A0EF46DD-60A0-4366-8946-8C6EB1A85B41.jpeg

E044037B-F4C4-4062-BE59-83940F20D0CA.jpeg

D2EC3B2C-F05D-47BE-AFE2-B4792B87AEB9.jpeg

Last edited:

Roy G. Dis

Having visited 3 WDW theme parks on the first maskless day (see my earlier photos on this thread), my takeaway is that Guests adopted quickly to Disney’s new policy.

Guests followed rules and wore masks inside and once they entered the traditional start of attraction lines.

Mask wearing was not consistently enforced in outdoor lines that extended well beyond the traditional start. There was some inconsistency with this. Earlier in the day, I saw more Cast Members asking Guests to wear masks as soon as they entered a queue. Later in the day, this seemed to have evolved to the traditional start of an attraction. We will see what day 2 brings.

I was surprised and impressed at how quickly Guests learned where masks were required, and how readily they followed the new rules.

One special case seems to be outdoor dining areas such as out front at Satu’li Canteen. These are still being guided by indoor dining rules. (Wear masks except when eating or drinking.)

Having Cast Members stationed at store and attraction entrances is critical to the success of the new policy.

Overall, the first day appears to have been very successful!

View attachment 557867
View attachment 557869
View attachment 557868
Thank you for sharing! It seems like guests were able to meet the new policy without suddenly becoming stupid or rude.

Also 3 parks in one day? Wowsa.

DiMase

I told my husband, I think people thought it’d be slow here for people to “let go” of wearing a mask...that you’d only see a few doing it yesterday - wrong! We’re here now and went to all the parks yesterday and I’d say nearly most people have dropped the mask! I’d go as far to say 90% have! How quickly we can revert back to normal! Thank god!

Ripken10

I told my husband, I think people thought it’d be slow here for people to “let go” of wearing a mask...that you’d only see a few doing it yesterday - wrong! We’re here now and went to all the parks yesterday and I’d say nearly most people have dropped the mask! I’d go as far to say 90% have! How quickly we can revert back to normal! Thank god!
What percentage is "nearly most people"?

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Thank you for sharing! It seems like guests were able to meet the new policy without suddenly becoming stupid or rude.

Also 3 parks in one day? Wowsa.
You mean that your super special Wanda Vision like premonition of people secretly hoping that the new mask rule would allow WDW to become a maskless thunder dome was... Wrong??? Shocking!!

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Yeah, they've been the fastest to react to cdc guidelines, no matter which direction.

It's so odd things have flipped so quickly. Apparently a study came out showing vaccinated individuals just don't transmit the virus, even if they get infected. I guess that was all the CDC was waiting for... Now we know they don't really get covid much, almost never die from it, and almost never pass it on. Sounds like it was science-based, but man, what an abrupt change after 13 months of masks!

The difference is that when masks started stores were following CDC guidelines by requiring them. Now they are just turning compliance to CDC guidelines over to the customers.

Roy G. Dis

You mean that your super special Wanda Vision like premonition of people secretly hoping that the new mask rule would allow WDW to become a maskless thunder dome was... Wrong??? Shocking!!
LOL! I can see I touched a nerve when my powers revealed your deep inner thoughts.
"Why most published research findings are false", says a published research finding. ;)
You can't believe everything you read on the internet.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
I miss those days! I used to do graphic design so in the past I'd make tri fold pamphlets for everyone showing our fast passes and dinner reservations. When to get to the park. Best times and locations for restroom breaks and the best places to get a quick service meal or snacks.

I deleted my post as I didn't see @The Mom request to keep the thread on track by only discussing the mask policy.

Nickp1983

Speaking of masks... I have Under Armour masks and for me... its hot and hard to breath in.

How are the masks that Disney sells? Also... do they have a Baby Yoda mask?

dreday3

Overwhelmingly, Guests will follow mask mandates as directed by WDW.

I agree. For all the reporting here, other social media, news, of all the people causing trouble - in my city I honestly never really saw much of an issue. And we've been going to stores since the beginning of this. Maybe a nose out here or there, but not one confrontation.

Most people follow rules and just keep quiet about it. WDW will show to be the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom