News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
What’s the rush? Honestly, I don’t see any benefit to rushing this out after all this time. Even the minor change to distancing which was formally announced Wednesday hasn’t been implemented yet. Some signs were changing and supposedly they may implement some of it tomorrow. The mask thing is a much bigger change for guest behavior. If they were dropping all masks everywhere maybe not a big deal but they need to define where you have to wear a mask.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
What about transportation, busses, boats, monorail?
Im assuming no masks on boats since it’s outdoors and masking the rest?
Nationally public buses are under a mask rule until September but the Disney ones are private. I assume hey keep masks on transport.

ColeTrain04

What’s the rush? Honestly, I don’t see any benefit to rushing this out after all this time. Even the minor change to distancing which was formally announced Wednesday hasn’t been implemented yet. Some signs were changing and supposedly they may implement some of it tomorrow. The mask thing is a much bigger change for guest behavior. If they were dropping all masks everywhere maybe not a big deal but they need to define where you have to wear a mask.
Universal seemed to take care of that in a matter of minutes. I highly doubt Disney’s policy will be much different.

disneygeek90

I’m here now and I’ve seen barely any mask signs at all today. All they really need to do is change the announcement in the parks.

Walmart and Trader Joe’s removed mast mandate for those fully vaccinated too. Fingers crossed Disney announces soon.
There's a lot of signs all over. Unless they've removed them over the past three days.

FormerMember

They need to train the CMs. That’s the most important thing. Once that formally starts it will be known publicly. They also need to tell guests what to expect. You can’t change the rules overnight...well you can but that’s really lousy customer service.
Or great customer service. Depending on your viewpoint.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Or great customer service. Depending on your viewpoint.
Really? These changes were a long time coming and are a really positive step towards the end of this finally. Now we are going to gripe if they don’t make the change overnight with no notice? Pathetic

Disney Glimpses

A bit comical that tomorrow Universal will have no masks outside, and Disney will still be taking temp checks.

Everything has moved so fast. I hope it doesn't come back to bite us.
With respect, there is nothing fast about the COVID-19 pandemic. The plan all along was measures until they were no longer needed; remove the measures as fast as they were implemented.

FormerMember

Really? These changes were a long time coming and are a really positive step towards the end of this finally. Now we are going to gripe if they don’t make the change overnight with no notice? Pathetic
I’m not griping. Try and relax. I’m making a point, that....depending on your view point, changing this faster is better customer service.

You claim it’s bad customer service to implement these changes this quickly. I say it’s actually good customer service.

Edit to add....
Welp, irrelevant

Last edited:

ColeTrain04

How long did it take each resort to remove temp screenings? Changes to distancing? Why would this be any different?
You don’t think they’ve already had a plan in place for months? I can’t imagine they haven’t already thought this out. My guess is it’s not figuring out how it’s gonna work it’s really just going to be putting their plan (whatever that may be) into motion.

disneygeek90

With respect, there is nothing fast about the COVID-19 pandemic. The plan all along was measures until they were no longer needed; remove the measures as fast as they were implemented.
The pandemic as a whole, sure. Going from 6 ft w/ masks everywhere for 350 days to no masks outside in 2 weeks is certainly quick. There's no denying that.

Last edited:

Lil Copter Cap

We'll know tomorrow, but does anyone currently know how this impacts TMs and CMs working outside? Will they be expected to have their masks on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom