News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sorcerer Mickey

Imagine going the last day you need to wear a mask in the 90-degree sun. Yuck.

we just got here and came with the intention that it would be the last time we could come when masks were enforced, since we have a toddler. I kind of feel like there should be a buffer for people who made reservations with the idea that certain precautions would still be in place.

ToTBellHop

we just got here and came with the intention that it would be the last time we could come when masks were enforced, since we have a toddler. I kind of feel like there should be a buffer for people who made reservations with the idea that certain precautions would still be in place.
I’m sure you could demand a refund if you are uncomfortable.

ToTBellHop

I would think giving maybe a week notice would be appropriate.
They’ve been very clear that changes can occur while you are there.

6405AFB0-4494-4158-93E5-6606E3E818FA.jpeg

GoofGoof

Premium Member
They’ve been very clear that changes can occur while you are there.

View attachment 557578
Don‘t they need time to change the signs, train he CMs on new procedures and publish the new rules so guests actually know what to expect? I would think that would take around a week to do. It would be chaos to announce a change and make it effective immediately. I get people are excited to see restrictions dropped but they should do it the right way to avoid a lot of confusion and potential conflict.

ToTBellHop

Don‘t they need time to change the signs, train he CMs on new procedures and publish the new rules so guests actually know what to expect? I would think that would take around a week to do. It would be chaos to announce a change and make it effective immediately. I get people are excited to see restrictions dropped but they should do it the right way to avoid a lot of confusion and potential conflict.
They’ve been planning for this, as I’ve been saying. They can certainly accelerate things. Their CEO told them to. Eventually, there needs to be a single date and signs need to change overnight. You can’t change out the signs over several nights. Masks off at DHS but not DAK?

GoofGoof

Premium Member
They’ve been planning for this, as I’ve been saying. They can certainly accelerate things. Their CEO told them to. Eventually, there needs to be a single date and signs need to change overnight. You can’t change out the signs over several nights. Masks off at DHS but not DAK?
They need to train the CMs. That’s the most important thing. Once that formally starts it will be known publicly. They also need to tell guests what to expect. You can’t change the rules overnight...well you can but that’s really lousy customer service.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
They need to train the CMs. That’s the most important thing. Once that formally starts it will be known publicly. They also need to tell guests what to expect. You can’t change the rules overnight...well you can but that’s really lousy customer service.
What would there be to train exactly? Wouldn’t it be more just telling them allow this but not that now?

GaBoy

I dont know but what would that entail? Just review the guidelines in a staff meeting?

ToTBellHop

What would there be to train exactly? Wouldn’t it be more just telling them allow this but not that now?
Yeah, it is pretty straightforward. Remind guests to wear masks when they enter a building. CMs at queue entrances remind guests to put masks on. CMs throughout attraction continue those reminders, as they’ve done for 10 months. Everyone else is told to stop badgering people outdoors.

Management has already made a plan for locations that will need this enforcement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom