Disney Magic in Drydock Changes!

ImaginEAR

Original Poster
As we all know, the Disney Magic is sailing to the Port of Los Angeles to celebrate the Happiest Celebration on Earth. During this special, 14-night cruise to LA from Port Canaveral, Disney has announced its changes to the Disney Magic during her upcoming Drydock, schdueled Oct. 1 - Oct. 14, 2005.

NOTE: The following information comes from the DisBoards, so please don't credit me with the info!

Disboardscom DCL Board "Live from the May Repo Cruise!" Page 92 Post #1373 said:
The President of the Cruise Line spoke this morning and talked about the following changes in Dry Dock:

The spa area will be remodelled and pushed all the way to the front of the ship and windows will look out over the front of the ship they will add special private rooms for couples massages.

THIS IS THE BEST
On the upper deck of the ship they are adding a jumbo tron type display so that they can show movies under the stars and also enhance the sailaway parties will be 24 feet wide and I think 15 feet tall.

The conference rooms are being eliminated and replaced with more childrens areas, they will be computer simulations and actually allow the kids to pretend to dock the ship.

On Castaway Cay they are adding swimming with the stingrays

More ships are coming as soon as the exchange rates are better

2007 should see new ports of call mainly from the United States, no plans yet for Hawaii or Foreign Ports.

Think that covers the highlights.

OliveMcFly

ImaginEAR - THIS IS THE BEST
On the upper deck of the ship they are adding a jumbo tron type display so that they can show movies under the stars and also enhance the sailaway parties will be 24 feet wide and I think 15 feet tall.
That is so cool. I just saw an ad for another cruise line that is introducing movies under the stars. It sounds awesome. We have drive in theaters here but I would love to sit in a hot tub and watch Finding Nemo. HeHe Thanks for the info.

Figment1986

More ships once the rate is better hua.... ok..

are the conference rooms being eliminated on both ships or only magic.. (cause i know buisnesses use the ships as well.)

ImaginEAR

Original Poster
Figment1986 said:

are the conference rooms being eliminated on both ships or only magic.. (cause i know buisnesses use the ships as well.)

The changes are coming to the Magic in Oct. 2005. They are coming to the Wonder in Oct. 2006, but you can probably expect a bit of a difference in theming or names, ala The Stack becoming Aloft.

disneysailor

Figment1986 said:

Probably only the Magic, as seven day cruises (or longer) are generally too long for most small scale conferences. The Wonder, with its shorter itineraries, is more suitable for a conference.

Even in saying that, the conference rooms are usually empty and are used by crew for meetings etc. (a friend of mine used to do yoga!)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom