Disney Magazine Ceases Publication

imamouse

Original Poster
The current issue of Disney Magazine, Spring 2005, is the last issue. Subscribers will be offered a transfer of the remainder of their subscriptions to Family Fun magazine, or they may receive a refund for the balance of their subscription to Disney Magazine. Letters containing the options will be mailed to subscribers. Although not profitable, Disney Magazine was once considered worth the cost of publishing as a marketing tool. The announcement was delivered suddenly about 2 weeks ago with no explanation offered to the Disney Magazine employees and contributors.

nicholas

imamouse said:
The current issue of Disney Magazine, Spring 2005, is the last issue. Subscribers will be offered a transfer of the remainder of their subscriptions to Family Fun magazine, or they may receive a refund for the balance of their subscription to Disney Magazine. Letters containing the options will be mailed to subscribers. Although not profitable, Disney Magazine was once considered worth the cost of publishing as a marketing tool. The announcement was delivered suddenly about 2 weeks ago with no explanation offered to the Disney Magazine employees and contributors.
That sucks. Thanks for the info though.

disneyplanet

say it aint so....

I got like a five year subscription. Because I kept getting these cards and calls for a while. I kept forgeting I already renewed, until it was pointed out to me my subcription runnes out in 2010.

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
I want a refund for the last 3 issues which I paid for with my subscription and never received, and never received an answer when I attempted to contact them. Good riddance to stain in Disney's good name.

dxwwf3

What a shame. Sure I got most of the information earlier on the internet, but it was always nice to read the stuff in the Magazine. I'll miss it.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
disneyplanet said:
say it aint so....

I got like a five year subscription. Because I kept getting these cards and calls for a while. I kept forgeting I already renewed, until it was pointed out to me my subcription runnes out in 2010.

maybe if they had of had the direct marketing people in charge of the purse strings as well, the magazine might still be around. :lookaroun

CTXRover

That's really sad to hear. Even though nothing in the magazines was ever really "new" for me given the internet and great sites like this one, I always loved getting it and flipping through it. Its a real shame to hear they're ceasing publication. If you don't mind my asking, where did you happen to get this info from?

thimblekisses

Man!!! I just subscribed. The Spring issue was the first issue I received, and I already had that one! I bought it because I didn't think my subscription would go through in time. I subscribed for the next two years on an AP discount. GRRR!

Just in case, and not to doubt you but I'm holding on to hope, what is your source for this info??

imamouse

Original Poster
My source is someone who worked for Disney Mag (up to the recent closure).

Regarding the post about the recently received renewal card - this was a very abrupt decision, with no warning signs what so ever. It will likely take a little while to stop the current direction (sending of renewal notices) and begin generating the already mentioned letters to subscribers.

Like many of you, I will miss Disney Magazine.

General Grizz

imamouse said:
My source is someone who worked for Disney Mag (up to the recent closure).

Regarding the post about the recently received renewal card - this was a very abrupt decision, with no warning signs what so ever. It will likely take a little while to stop the current direction (sending of renewal notices) and begin generating the already mentioned letters to subscribers.

Like many of you, I will miss Disney Magazine.
... I'm wondering how the staff feels. :lookaroun

Pioneer Hall

I'm going to miss that magazine, it always had good articles that were fun to read. I feel bad for the staff of the magazine though. Disney is getting good at the abrupt thanks for nothing announcements.

Miss Bell

This is disappointing news. While it was not our number one site for information, my whole family has always enjoyed reading it. I think I have a subscription that goes to like 2008, or something--cause I kept renewing it separately when it was one of the perks for being in Disney Club.

NitroStitch

:cry: I can't believe this. :cry: No matter whether the news in the magazine was old or new, I always enjoyed reading the magazine cover to cover and seeing everything they had to offer. I will definitely miss Disney Magazine! My condolences to the staff...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom