Rumor Disney Looking To Trade The Theme Park Rights of Alien with Universal in exchange for Black Panther to Build a Wakanda Pavillion at Epcot

ToTBellHop

Well, AK is about the relationship between humanity and animals, so that means that the next attraction at AK will be.... ANT MAN!!!

I could see Wakanda in FW a lot more than in AK.

Still belongs in DHS IMO.
Agreed, but I imagine Pixar will be the next focus at DHS. And maybe Indy?

Seabasealpha1

This thread/rumor...

doctornick

Wakanda is a better thematic fit for Future World. Otherwise, DHS.

This. It would be fine at DHS, alone or as part of a larger Marvel area. And depending on the premise, having Wakanda in Future World could actually work well. But World Showcase or DAK? Neither make any sense.

Well, AK is about the relationship between humanity and animals, so that means that the next attraction at AK will be.... ANT MAN!!!

All kidding aside, I could definitely see a story treatment that works with Ant-Man in DAK. A premise that you are being shrunk down and will communicate/interact with ants could definitely work there. Especially a part of a greater land dealing with insects or a more general animal research area, like being attached to Planet Watch.

Of course, Ant-Man is also not usable in WDW, so pointless to really think about.

RSoxNo1

This. It would be fine at DHS, alone or as part of a larger Marvel area. And depending on the premise, having Wakanda in Future World could actually work well. But World Showcase or DAK? Neither make any sense.
The aesthetic of Wakanda proper might be too rough for Future World, but Shuri's lab certainly isn't. Add in T'Challa's speech to the UN at the end of the movie and it screams EPCOT Center.

capsshield

I have no problem with Disney adding Snow White to the Germany land or Pinocchio to Italy. Frozen into Norway really pushes the boundary, and as big of a Marvel fan as I am I really don't want to see Wakanda added to World Showcase. However I wouldn't have a problem with Disney changing the land to a Wakanda pavilion or the seas to an Atlantis Pavilion or even the Imagination Pavilion to Stark Enterprises now that energy has become Guardians. Call it The scientific marvels of the future expo.

RSoxNo1

I have no problem with Disney adding Snow White to the Germany land or Pinocchio to Italy. Frozen into Norway really pushes the boundary, and as big of a Marvel fan as I am I really don't want to see Wakanda added to World Showcase. However I wouldn't have a problem with Disney changing the land to a Wakanda pavilion or the seas to an Atlantis Pavilion or even the Imagination Pavilion to Stark Enterprises now that energy has become Guardians. Call it The scientific marvels of the future expo.
There's already a land for European inspired fairytales and it's not World Showcase, it's Fantasyland.

odmichael

As long as the land played the Wakanda FanFare id be all for it. Preferably Hollywood studios though. Let’s not ruin the original morals of Epcot more...

BlakeW39

Disagree. I didn't like the idea of Pandora @ AK, but it is a great fit. Wakanda would work as well, if not better.

Wakanda is a perfect fit for Future World.

Alternatively it could make a great land at DHS.

But it doesn't belong anwhere in either Kingdom park... especially DAK. Or World Showcase btw.

juniorthomas

Agreed, but I imagine Pixar will be the next focus at DHS. And maybe Indy?

Indy would be great. The next Indy movie is slated for 2021, so they would need to have broken ground already in order to time it for the release. Also, a lot can happen in two years. Indy himself will be 79 when the film is released. Dr. Henry Jones, Sr was only 66 in the Last Crusade.

RobbinsDad

I'm starting to believe this. Alien has a great following among adults - an untapped segment of the market that Universal continues to use to grow its theme park attendance. This will fit right in with their strategy. Black Panther as an IP isn't something they would want to build on - I mean its clearly a post-agreement IP that has no presence currently in their parks. And thematically, where do they put it? Does Wakanda really scream Epic Universe? I think what's really going on here is that Universal wants out of the agreement, but to save face they can't make the wholesale decision. Give up one IP at a time and then as the Marvel Island rides start to lose their luster, convert the area to Godric's Hollow, including the Avada Kadavra Experience, Nagini's - the Coaster that Bites Back, and Batty Bagshot's Wild Ride.

All of the above is complete BS, just like this rumor. But a hearty congratulations on 13 whole pages!

ObscurityPoint

Alien going to Universal is very believable in my opinion...after all, Terminator 2 3:D is in the process of being replaced with a new experience. While the rumored Jason Bourne or Bond properties have been buy-able, I still think Alien would make for a better fit.

It’s hard for me to completely shut down ideas when I hear them unless they are totally outlandish. The reveal of the Tower of Terror to Mission:Breakout model made me think it was all a prank or coverup for a new Guardians ride until the ending.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom