Rumor Disney Looking To Trade The Theme Park Rights of Alien with Universal in exchange for Black Panther to Build a Wakanda Pavillion at Epcot

jt04

Right, because Disney would have used Black Panther in the swamps after the movie was such a success, but yet there was no Black Panther to be found. Maybe because... they couldn't, due to the contract??? I'm sure that's just "armchair lawyering", though...

I would rather like to believe there are negotiations that would benefit both parties. Not being an armchair lawyer that is my only opinion.

eddie104

It would also attract the diverse crowd that WDW sorely needs. Not on a PC level, but on a fiscal level.

An anecdote I like to share about diversity at WDW is a year ago we were at a big DVC Moonlight event at Typhoon Lagoon and the in-house marketing video crew was there filming at Miss Adventure Falls. They stood there for a minute just watching who they could capture and then one of them said "We really need to get more black families". The producer (who was black) then said "Honestly, I haven't seen any." Now, I don't know what this says about WDW, it may be more to do with DVC, but I think all around something like a Wakanda attraction could benefit WDW in a couple different ways.
I’m pretty sure more diversity would be gladly welcomed. But I don’t think someone who works there would say that so I don’t believe you.

britain

I’m pretty sure more diversity would be gladly welcomed. But I don’t think someone who works there would say that so I don’t believe you.

This type of talk happens all the time when directing photoshoots. "I need someone older and whiter in the back right there. Now let's do a version with young Asians up front. Now we need a black couple in the corner there," etc.

eddie104

Yes, those that can afford it. And there's plenty that can.
Well of course considering all types of people currently visit WDW. You claim diversity is missing because of one DVC event which the average family can’t afford anyway so your conclusions are off.

seascape

Do you really think by building a Wakanda pavilion it will attract more black families ?
It would attract more Marvel fans. Race should have nothing to do with it. Wakanda is an imaginary place populated by Africans. The story as with all Marvel Superheroes is interesting and enjoyable but not real. It does not belong in the World Showcase. I could see it in Future World or another park.

eddie104

It would attract more Marvel fans. Race should have nothing to do with it. Wakanda is an imaginary place populated by Africans. The story as with all Marvel Superheroes is interesting and enjoyable but not real. It does not belong in the World Showcase. I could see it in Future World or another park.
I never made that claim originally but I do agree it doesn’t belong in WS.

britain

I see your point, and I especially agree that it doesn't belong in World Showcase. But it's absolutely true that T'challa has been celebrated by the black community. Parents celebrating that their kid is playing with a black action figure rather than yet another white guy. Saying any Black Panther attraction would interest more black families in addition to lots of other demographics isn't some controversial comment.

aladdin2007

this thank you.

mikejs78

Premium Member
But he’s a panther!

No?

Honestly, I’m not sanctioning the idea, but it’s easy enough for me to imagine it in Future World.
Well, AK is about the relationship between humanity and animals, so that means that the next attraction at AK will be.... ANT MAN!!!

I could see Wakanda in FW a lot more than in AK.

Still belongs in DHS IMO.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom