Rumor Disney Looking To Trade The Theme Park Rights of Alien with Universal in exchange for Black Panther to Build a Wakanda Pavillion at Epcot

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
It was a CM who was at the Tower of Terror at Disney Hollywood Studios and he was telling me all of what Disney was planning including a Toy Story Woody’s Roundup show to replace Country Bears Jamboree, and that the Enchanted Tiki Room will be rethemed to Moana

CMs rarely have inside information except for those areas in which they work. A CM working ToT, for example, would know if there was going to be a closing because they and the other CMs there would be told they're all being reassigned in two weeks. But they wouldn't know about plans to close it to retheme it until it actually happens.

Most CMs (and bus drivers) get their inside scoop from web sites like this one. The rumors of Tikis and CBJ are perfect examples since they've been a hot topic on the Internet the past week. In other words, the CM knows about the rumors of Tiki and CBJ because of the Internet, and not because they're a CM.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Interesting. This is the first time they've ever directly addressed such a rumor, right?
They also directly addressed the rumor about the demo of the Land and the Seas.

Wasn't it a PR employee mocking the Land and Sea rumor on their personal account?

Also, they went out of their way to kill the rumor of a name change for DHS... which Iger started... and was real until they conducted a poll with really bad alternatives and the Internet blew up.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
It was a CM who was at the Tower of Terror at Disney Hollywood Studios and he was telling me all of what Disney was planning including a Toy Story Woody’s Roundup show to replace Country Bears Jamboree, and that the Enchanted Tiki Room will be rethemed to Moana

A front line CM? Why, they're as reliable as a bus driver....

aladdin2007

It has been one wild week around here lol....although I never dreamed I would see the day when Norway was downgraded to be barely about Norway and the facade ruined (in my opinion)....so this new crazy rumor while I dont believe it, I would not put it past current management either. It seems beyond far fetched though.

ToTBellHop

So instead of choosing a real African country to represent the world’s most historically-underrepresented continent, they’re going to create a Wakanda pavilion. Yeah, not gonna put too much stock in this one, sorry.
Wakanda has been discussed, but not for World Showcase. And in any case, it won’t happen as the company is largely okay with MARVEL mostly going to its other resorts.

RobbinsDad

I’m sure they’d love Wakanda at WDW, but imagine the poop storm that would follow if they made a whole WS pavilion based on a fictional African country, when there are 54 (yes I googled it) perfectly real ones to choose from. And it would be 100% deserved.

Cmdr_Crimson

94a.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom