Disney looking at another island in the Bahamas

AndyMagic

This reads like satire just a step away from an Onion article.

"Fortune 500 Company buys new country for $10 billion, plans to save thousands of dollars through deffered light-bulb replacement and employee attrition"

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Why does it seem like the rest of Disney have bottomless budgets, but when it comes to WDW, it us run on shoe strings. The park that has the highest attendance in the world gets next to no money to vastly improve both current and future offerings.

Simple WDW is the ATM for Disney corporate. WDW gets just barely enough money to keep the money presses rolling.

Homerclaus

The reason for a second island is simply to create a cruise bubble. Diversify the island offerings slightly, and bang, why give your money to Mexico/Belize/etc.; people will select cruises to both islands (and maybe even hit one twice)....

RSoxNo1

The reason for a second island is simply to create a cruise bubble. Diversify the island offerings slightly, and bang, why give your money to Mexico/Belize/etc.; people will select cruises to both islands (and maybe even hit one twice)....
That and an expanded fleet can't all stop at Castaway Cay. I suspect they try to limit access to 1 ship per day.

Arty Cordova

Why does it seem like the rest of Disney have bottomless budgets, but when it comes to WDW, it us run on shoe strings. The park that has the highest attendance in the world gets next to no money to vastly improve both current and future offerings.
Not true, have you seen those cool fences they are building around the beaches.

peter11435

Looking at satellite images of the island it is considerably smaller than Castaway Cay, but there is no way it is only 12 acres.

AndyMagic

Napkins. Don't forget to change the napkins!

How could I forget the napkins! And of course the biggest saving of all; the destruction of another "island" filled with original entertainment options. Who needs those? What a waste. Put in a mall and name it Disney Springs to trick people into thinking they're having a good time.

EOD K9

I am a bit nervous about our MSC cruise next summer. I don't know anyone who's traveled with them before, but I'm trying to remain optimistic. Plus, I am in love with the ports of call- my strange cold weather lovin' kid requested Iceland or Antartica. Antarctica being his first choice- that's not happening. So Iceland it is. Hoping it goes well!
But MSC has that great commercial with the music of Mungo Jerry.

EOD K9

A sweet itinerary would be if the new island was built with zip lines etc. You could skip Nassau, and go to CC and the new one with a day at sea.

po1998

I'm not a cruiser at all(once in my lifetime), but for the prices DCL charges vs RCCL, every guest should get their own private island. Is DCL really worth the huge $$$, or is it just Disney fanatics booking regardless of price to drink the Disney koolaid?

Ismael Flores

Well the ships are part of the parks and resorts division. Also it seems like there is acu ally quite a bit going on at WDW all the time.
-The MK just got a huge rebuild of fantasyland and its hub.
- DAK has a whole new land being built and several Restauarant added or updated as well as new nighttime offerings and another one on its way.
- Hollywood studios is in the midst of a complete overhual
- Epcot got a refreshed new ride that is more popular than what it replaced and is in the middle of what could be the addition of new attractions
-DTD got a whole new look and upgrade and rede dictated as Disney Springs

All this while it is being reported that the smaller resort in Anaheim is actually seeing an increase in revenue while WDW is staying stagnant.

Can't more that to Anaheim that hasn't seen any new attractions in several years, Paris also has seen much development, Hong Kong only got a Star Wars overlay and we won't count Tokyo since that is run by another corporation.

I think it's safe that WDW is not being ignored it is just a bigger resort that makes its size difficult to maintain and needs constant work

montyz81

Well the ships are part of the parks and resorts division. Also it seems like there is acu ally quite a bit going on at WDW all the time.
-The MK just got a huge rebuild of fantasyland and its hub.
- DAK has a whole new land being built and several Restauarant added or updated as well as new nighttime offerings and another one on its way.
- Hollywood studios is in the midst of a complete overhual
- Epcot got a refreshed new ride that is more popular than what it replaced and is in the middle of what could be the addition of new attractions
-DTD got a whole new look and upgrade and rede dictated as Disney Springs

All this while it is being reported that the smaller resort in Anaheim is actually seeing an increase in revenue while WDW is staying stagnant.

Can't more that to Anaheim that hasn't seen any new attractions in several years, Paris also has seen much development, Hong Kong only got a Star Wars overlay and we won't count Tokyo since that is run by another corporation.

I think it's safe that WDW is not being ignored it is just a bigger resort that makes its size difficult to maintain and needs constant work
I'd say that I agree with a previous poster that WDW sends its dollars to other resorts for "Plussing" as Walt put it. There is no way WDW doesn't grow it's revenue. With the amount of overall cuts going on at the resort, I can't see how this resort doesn't grow.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom