• Yes

Votes: 45 81.8%
  • No

Votes: 10 18.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Michael72688

Original Poster
I heard recently that Disney has been thinking about building a light rail system between some of the parks! Tell me what you think about this idea!

bamboo7

Originally posted by Michael72688
I heard recently that Disney has been thinking about building a light rail system between some of the parks! Tell me what you think about this idea!

maybe you could tell us more about what a light rail system is.

Michael72688

Original Poster
Light rail is sort of like a subway but above ground and mostly elevated, it is used as a mass transit system, hope this helps!

bamboo7

Originally posted by Michael72688
Light rail is sort of like a subway but above ground and mostly elevated, it is used as a mass transit system, hope this helps!

ok, thanks.
i really can't speculate on weather or not disney might install a light rail system, since i know nothing about how much they would cost, but if one was installed i would use it. I'm sure that they would make it comfertable and enjoyable to use.

CmdrTostada

I hope they dont do this. Think about Disney is Supposed to be innovative for the future of transportation. So why would they built a system that has been in cities like chicago and New York and they've been there for awhile. I really hope this doesnt happen.

bamboo7

Originally posted by Turbogames
I hope they dont do this. Think about Disney is Supposed to be innovative for the future of transportation. So why would they built a system that has been in cities like chicago and New York and they've been there for awhile. I really hope this doesnt happen.

But Busses have also been running through cities for quite some time now (and i'm pretty sure that disney didn't invent the boat). my guess is that it would be nicer and more comfertable than normal city trains. if they could install teh system and give it enough of a disney touch (sort of like how wdw busses are nicer than city busses), then i'd see nothing wrong with it.

CmdrTostada

Well I was thinking that they would just have look like Chicago light rails. To me the buses are normal on roads. But it would not be normal to see a light rail. What they should do is design a light rail, but design the car to look like a monorail, at least on the outside, and also have the track kinda look like a monorails.

MKCustodial

Well I was thinking that they would just have look like Chicago light rails. To me the buses are normal on roads. But it would not be normal to see a light rail. What they should do is design a light rail, but design the car to look like a monorail, at least on the outside, and also have the track kinda look like a monorails.

Well, according to the explanations given, isn't it like, if not a monorail? A train that moves up instead of on the ground?
And yes, I suppose I'd use it. Heck, I'll use anything inside Disney that takes me places and is free! What, you guys don't use the ferries because they're "too common for Disney"? :lol:

WDWspider

It doesnt look like a monorail though. It looks like a subway, but aboveground.

Another difference:

Monorail is more of an attraction

Light Rail is a pratical means of transportation

bamboo7

Originally posted by spider-man

Another difference:

Monorail is more of an attraction

Light Rail is a pratical means of transportation

you really think that most people view the monorail as an attraction? i never thought of it that way.

WDWspider

Originally posted by bamboo7

you really think that most people view the monorail as an attraction? i never thought of it that way.

It's the only place I'll ever go that I can ride one (except DL someday). You feel like you are flying in the air. I go out of the way to ride it into EPCOT each trip. I am always excited when I first see one when entering the property.

Yes, I view it as an attraction. The buses I view as a means of transportation. The monorail I ride for fun.:sohappy:

bamboo7

It's the only place I'll ever go that I can ride one (except DL someday). You feel like you are flying in the air. I go out of the way to ride it into EPCOT each trip. I am always excited when I first see one when entering the property.

Yes, I view it as an attraction. The buses I view as a means of transportation. The monorail I ride for fun.:sohappy:

yea, i understand that a lot of the WDW enthusiests (sp) might view it as an attraction, but i'm not sure that i think that the general public views it that way, and there are a lot more of them than there are of us.

WDWspider

yea, i understand that a lot of the WDW enthusiests (sp) might view it as an attraction, but i'm not sure that i think that the general public views it that way, and there are a lot more of them than there are of us.

I think I found it an attraction way before I became an enthusiest. Think about some of the first things people relate to WDW, especially people who have never been before:

1. It's just for kids (but let's not get into that one)
2. The Big Golf Ball
3. Mickey Mouse
4. The Monorails
5. The Castle
6. Expensive (let's not touch that one either)

The monorail is always in the minds of people when they think WDW, even more so than DL. My nephew is going with us in Nov. and one of the few things he asked about was Shamu and the Monorail ride (he's never been to Florida, he's also 15). For any child, the monorail is an attraction compared to a bus. My main statement was that the monorail is more "like" an attraction, whereas Light Rail is more "like" typical transportation. I really don't feel this is a Disney-holics view of the Highway in the Sky, but maybe I'm too drunk on Disney to see clearly.

bamboo7

I think I found it an attraction way before I became an enthusiest. Think about some of the first things people relate to WDW, especially people who have never been before:

1. It's just for kids (but let's not get into that one)
2. The Big Golf Ball
3. Mickey Mouse
4. The Monorails
5. The Castle
6. Expensive (let's not touch that one either)

The monorail is always in the minds of people when they think WDW, even more so than DL. My nephew is going with us in Nov. and one of the few things he asked about was Shamu and the Monorail ride (he's never been to Florida, he's also 15). For any child, the monorail is an attraction compared to a bus. My main statement was that the monorail is more "like" an attraction, whereas Light Rail is more "like" typical transportation. I really don't feel this is a Disney-holics view of the Highway in the Sky, but maybe I'm too drunk on Disney to see clearly.

ok, i see your point. but i wouldn't put it past Disney to be able to make a light rail system into something magical as well, if they wanted to.

WDWFREAK53

Monorail is a means of transportation...but it's like a ferrari...a means of transportation that you can't WAIT to take :)

JLW11Hi

Can someone post a picture of what the light rail system might look like? I mean, more to show just what a light rail "is".

CmdrTostada

I dont know where this is but it said it was a light rail, I would be the first to say yes if they built it like this.

Attachments

• stras1.jpg
    stras1.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 134

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom