Disney launch 'Limited Time Magic' for Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resort in 2013

JimboJones123

The cards ran out today before we got our last few.

Cool idea. Lines for characters were crazy.

I know this will be a shocking paradigm shift, but the autograph cards should replace autograph books. They bog down the lines like crazy. It would be easier for the costumes to stay cleaner without all the pens and markers flying around as well.

doctornick

I know this will be a shocking paradigm shift, but the autograph cards should replace autograph books. They bog down the lines like crazy. It would be easier for the costumes to stay cleaner without all the pens and markers flying around as well.

I agree. My wife and I hate the autograph books and refuse to allow our kids to have them. I get that it is cute and all, but something like this would be far superior -- and would allow for standardization of the autograph for a character so you don't get the "why is Mickey's signature different today than yesterday" issue.

alissafalco

I agree. My wife and I hate the autograph books and refuse to allow our kids to have them. I get that it is cute and all, but something like this would be far superior -- and would allow for standardization of the autograph for a character so you don't get the "why is Mickey's signature different today than yesterday" issue.

A photo with the character is so much better anyway. Who ever looks at a signature? You look at the photos.

drew81

Yes, but do you know how much money they make off the books and pens??

midwest_mice

I was lucky enough to get the tour last week with Phil Holmes. A very nice guy and did a great job with the tour. We stayed "onstage" the entire tour that lasted about an hour. They had some photos they shared at certain parts of the tour and he talked about how he reads all of his mail/email from guests. Explained the utilidors and also info on New Fantasyland. It was basically a condensed version of the tour they give new hires. Did received a cast member pin as well as a ride on the train with Mickey and the gang to take part in the welcome show at the train station.

ToTBellHop

I was lucky enough to get the tour last week with Phil Holmes. A very nice guy and did a great job with the tour. We stayed "onstage" the entire tour that lasted about an hour. They had some photos they shared at certain parts of the tour and he talked about how he reads all of his mail/email from guests. Explained the utilidors and also info on New Fantasyland. It was basically a condensed version of the tour they give new hires. Did received a cast member pin as well as a ride on the train with Mickey and the gang to take part in the welcome show at the train station.
Did he show you his portrait in New Fantasyland?

ToTBellHop

Yes, he did show us his portrait in New Fantasyland. It was his gift for his 40th anniversary with the company, it is located in the gift shop near Gaston's Tavern, can't think of the name off the top of my head.
Apparently a clock from Things Remembered, while customary, was not acceptable by his ego. I can only assume it was paid for by the reduced budget for the Space Mountain redo.

Mr Bill

Who says this wasn't a trial run to do just that?

As for selling autograph books, I'm sure they can come up with a similarly priced substitute.

asianway

Who says this wasn't a trial run to do just that?

As for selling autograph books, I'm sure they can come up with a similarly priced substitute.
Possible but it won't happen for a simple reason they won't want eBay sellers clogging up character lines. Check out what some of those ltm cards are doing

JimboJones123

[quotway, post: 5841701, member: 32623"]Possible but it won't happen for a simple reason they won't want eBay sellers clogging up character lines. Check out what some of those ltm cards are doing[/quote]
Once they are saturated in a few weeks, eBay will not matter.

WDWYankee15

[quotway, post: 5841701, member: 32623"]Possible but it won't happen for a simple reason they won't want eBay sellers clogging up character lines. Check out what some of those ltm cards are doing
Once they are saturated in a few weeks, eBay will not matter.[/quote]
perhaps but also unless you change the cards from time to time, it is also a one time sale of a binder or some shortage book to replace the autograph books. The sale of autograph books can be made trip after trip to sthe same consumer. New trip, new autographs.

I can say my kids like the autographs. I could careless about the autographs, but what I do notice is that those with the books tend to get more attention and longer interactions. If you are going to wait in one of these lines or waste a FP+ on a M&G, I think people want more than a two second photo and to be handed an "autograph" card. I can see now, the non-face character assembly line. That might be nice for some people, but that is not the "MAGICAL" moment most who go to WDW with their family are expecting.

asianway

[quotway, post: 5841701, member: 32623"]Possible but it won't happen for a simple reason they won't want eBay sellers clogging up character lines. Check out what some of those ltm cards are doing
Once they are saturated in a few weeks, eBay will not matter.[/quote]
When you have rubes lined up to drop five large on magic bands & a stale product it will never be hard to find someone playing at home to drop $50 on a set of trading cards

TestTrack Dummy

Hi everyone,
I was on Fridays Magic Kingdom tour with Phil Holmes. The tour consisted of the usual praising of Walt Disney World and MK specifically. He said lots of BS, like they don't close rides unless they have something better. Towards the end of the tour we got to hop on the train and take part in the welcome show. Once we boarded the train I figured he wasn't going to take questions but to my surprise he did. Knowing it was my chance I asked him about the Hat at the studios. I told him that the Epcot wand and Toon Town, both "temporary", had come down yet the hat remained. I went on to tell him that the view of the chinese theatre needs to come back. He answered that many "temporary" things at the parts tend to last a while and pointed at Toon Town. He then went on to say that many people in the company feel the way that I do about the hat and that there are conversations taking place about it's removal. He gave no date but he told me it will come down eventually. After my question the characters arrived and I figured he would leave and we couldn't ask any further questions. To my surprise he boarded the train directly in front of me and the train moved at a snails pace. He started talking about the mine train so I took the opportunity to ask questions about it. My first question was about the indoors. Phil stated that the indoor sections will slow down considerably to switch to a dark ride. This we already knew so I asked him if the dwarves will be static figures or audio animatronic. He responded that they will be audio animatronic with "interesting faces". Im guessing they will be projections like in Carsland. I also asked about the log bridge that was in the concept art that is missing from the ride. He told me that if it is in the art then it's in the ride. It obviously isn't there so I think I stumped him on that one. As the train approached the station he took off his microphone. I noticed he had a jacket with an Epcot patch and I took the opportunity to ask yet another question. I complimented him on his patch and then asked him if anything is in the works for Wonders Of Life since I hate to see such a waste of space. He looked kind of irritated at the question but he did say that concepts are being thrown around for the pavilion by imagineering and that it won't stay that way. These were all the questions I asked I wish I could've asked more. Take his answers however you wish to take them but I atleast tried :)

Bolt

Hi everyone,
I was on Fridays Magic Kingdom tour with Phil Holmes. The tour consisted of the usual praising of Walt Disney World and MK specifically. He said lots of BS, like they don't close rides unless they have something better. Towards the end of the tour we got to hop on the train and take part in the welcome show. Once we boarded the train I figured he wasn't going to take questions but to my surprise he did. Knowing it was my chance I asked him about the Hat at the studios. I told him that the Epcot wand and Toon Town, both "temporary", had come down yet the hat remained. I went on to tell him that the view of the chinese theatre needs to come back. He answered that many "temporary" things at the parts tend to last a while and pointed at Toon Town. He then went on to say that many people in the company feel the way that I do about the hat and that there are conversations taking place about it's removal. He gave no date but he told me it will come down eventually. After my question the characters arrived and I figured he would leave and we couldn't ask any further questions. To my surprise he boarded the train directly in front of me and the train moved at a snails pace. He started talking about the mine train so I took the opportunity to ask questions about it. My first question was about the indoors. Phil stated that the indoor sections will slow down considerably to switch to a dark ride. This we already knew so I asked him if the dwarves will be static figures or audio animatronic. He responded that they will be audio animatronic with "interesting faces". Im guessing they will be projections like in Carsland. I also asked about the log bridge that was in the concept art that is missing from the ride. He told me that if it is in the art then it's in the ride. It obviously isn't there so I think I stumped him on that one. As the train approached the station he took off his microphone. I noticed he had a jacket with an Epcot patch and I took the opportunity to ask yet another question. I complimented him on his patch and then asked him if anything is in the works for Wonders Of Life since I hate to see such a waste of space. He looked kind of irritated at the question but he did say that concepts are being thrown around for the pavilion by imagineering and that it won't stay that way. These were all the questions I asked I wish I could've asked more. Take his answers however you wish to take them but I atleast tried :)
So your first question to the Magic Kingdom VP was about Hollywood Studios?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom