Disney launch 'Limited Time Magic' for Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resort in 2013

Kevin_W

I agree. My wife and I hate the autograph books and refuse to allow our kids to have them. I get that it is cute and all, but something like this would be far superior -- and would allow for standardization of the autograph for a character so you don't get the "why is Mickey's signature different today than yesterday" issue.

I'd strongly disagree with "superior". The whole experience is pretend anyway, but watching a real live person sign a name is much more convincing than having a nearby CM hand you a card with their name printed on it.

As for never looking at it, we've had the signatures on 12x12 pages and used those as backgrounds for scrapbooks. I like them.

TestTrack Dummy

So your first question to the Magic Kingdom VP was about Hollywood Studios?
I didn't want to throw out a random question. I chose that one because he was talking about temporary things across all of the parks right before he started taking questions. Also it's easy to think of other questions in hindsight but in the moment they kind of escaped me. :hungover:

MickeyPeace

How lucky that I'm visiting for a chalk art weekend! Limited Time Magic FTW! o_O

I visited for 11 days during the end of sept beginning of oct. I completely forgot about LTM. I just decided to check what it was when I was there...talk like a pirate in MK and chalk art in DD.

Can you say Limited Time Minimal Effort Lame Cheapo Not One Ounce of Magic?

NearTheEars

I visited for 11 days during the end of sept beginning of oct. I completely forgot about LTM. I just decided to check what it was when I was there...talk like a pirate in MK and chalk art in DD.

Can you say Limited Time Minimal Effort Lame Cheapo Not One Ounce of Magic?

Talk like a pirate day actually had its own special parade. And we kind of just happened to be there that day and it was a surprise.

I think that's kind of the whole point if this campaign, just little surprises. Thankfully I was there to experience a few that made me smile.

deix15x8

We were their for 2 weeks in October and both weeks were private tours for nobody. Felt like a real let down after a year of them hyping these LTM moments only for them to not have any for us. I actually would have loved the M&G cards, their small and meaningless but would be a great keepsake to remember the trip.

flynnibus

Premium Member
So your first question to the Magic Kingdom VP was about Hollywood Studios?

Is he trapped inside the MK and not allowed to get out? Do the parks operate in isolation... and the executive leadership team isolated as well? Your dig was not necessary and is just being defensive about the company.

doctornick

I'm curious as to what, if any, the promotion would be for 2014. I know people have called "Show your Disney side" the promotion, but that seems more like an advertising campaigning than an in park promotion. IIRC, they have revealed the promotion during the ABC NYE broadcast in recent years, right?

asianway

I'm curious as to what, if any, the promotion would be for 2014. I know people have called "Show your Disney side" the promotion, but that seems more like an advertising campaigning than an in park promotion. IIRC, they have revealed the promotion during the ABC NYE broadcast in recent years, right?
Not really, NYE was more to promote a sweepstakes, or two years ago the leap day thing. We knew about LTM in oct 12. Disney side is it

doctornick

Not really, NYE was more to promote a sweepstakes, or two years ago the leap day thing. We knew about LTM in oct 12. Disney side is it

They announced LTM during the NYE show, which confirmed previous leaks on these pages. It wasn't officially announced by Disney until then.

asianway

They announced LTM during the NYE show, which confirmed previous leaks on these pages. It wasn't officially announced by Disney until then.
The day steve started this thread there was a huge press event in NYC to announce it with an ice castle, Disney characters, and a press release. Do your research

71jason

Glimpses of brilliance heavily interspersed with pure complacency.

It is finished

The ideas Marketing came up with last year were really good. The Halloween event was perfect. And the Villains Party was a great idea that Ops screwed up royally.

Of course, there is also TWO weeks of Eye Scream Sundaes. And the hats. And the merch truck T-shirts.

You're right--when they cared, it worked.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom