News Disney KiteTails coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom October 1

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
people did not seem to mind having some time off their feet, to me, folks seemed to enjoy the show as well so I feel that is something. Anyway, I would not expect anyone to cancel anything if folks are showing up as it seemed to do what it was meant to do on the day I stopped to watch some of it.

View attachment 593387
Like many aquatic shows, the first five rows are designated as a crash zone.

Sir_Cliff

If anyone shows up at this amphitheater expecting greatness, they haven’t paid attention to anything showing there during the last 5 years. Might as well call it “Disney Disappointment+ Stadium”
Do we know that people are generally disappointed with this show? There has been a lot of hilarity online, but I have heard more reports of crowd responses seemingly being lacklustre for Harmonious and Enchantment than I have about audiences reacting badly to this show.

It's so fun, silly and takes such a little investment of time that I can't imagine people leaving feeling upset about what they just witnessed!

Last edited:

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
people did not seem to mind having some time off their feet, to me, folks seemed to enjoy the show as well so I feel that is something. Anyway, I would not expect anyone to cancel anything if folks are showing up as it seemed to do what it was meant to do on the day I stopped to watch some of it.

View attachment 593387
Those people don’t know what a comedic disaster they are about to see and they’ll like anything. Ya know…the ones who Disney wants to cater to now rather than their regular reoccurring guest fanbase

SpectroBro

In the Parks
Yes
Do we know that people are generally disappointed with this show? There has been a lot of hilarity online, but I have heard more reports of crowds seemingly lacklustre about Harmonious and Enchantment than I have about audiences reacting badly to this show.

It's so silly and takes such a little investment of time that I can't imagine people leaving feeling upset about what they just witnessed!
It’s actually being well received by in-person guests, especially those with little ones.

dreday3

Convince us how good the Kitetails show is and that Disney isn’t more focused on sucking money out of the families that are more rare visitors or one timers who save up to go and spend a ton all in one trip

Why is it anyone's responsibility to convince you of anything?

We go every few years, plan to go again after this upcoming trip and will be sitting to watch this show and I'm sure we will enjoy it for exactly what it is.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Why is it anyone's responsibility to convince you of anything?

We go every few years, plan to go again after this upcoming trip and will be sitting to watch this show and I'm sure we will enjoy it for exactly what it is.
That’s great and no one has to convince me of anything. I’ve seen it. If others enjoy it then so be it but if this is the new Disney caliber entertainment they need to lower ticket prices

SpectroBro

In the Parks
Yes
That’s great and no one has to convince me of anything. I’ve seen it. If others enjoy it then so be it but if this is the new Disney caliber entertainment they need to lower ticket prices
You’ve been an absolute wretch in this thread. Don’t be surprised that people are tired of reading your negativity. You don’t have to like the show. You’ve made it clear that you don’t. You also don’t need to chime in with the same condescending comments every time someone says they enjoy it. You spoke your opinion. Move on.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
You’ve been an absolute wretch in this thread. Don’t be surprised that people are tired of reading your negativity. You don’t have to like the show. You’ve made it clear that you don’t. You also don’t need to chime in with the same condescending comments every time someone says they enjoy it. You spoke your opinion. Move on.
I have no problem with others enjoying the show. I’m glad they do and I’m sure many kids do as well but it is just not Disney caliber by any stretch.

I want people and families to enjoy Disney. I’m a huge fan and spend a tons of money on it and have over the years. I’m not trying to be negative, I’m trying to be honest based on what I am seeing and experiencing with the Disney trends

Last edited:

mikejs78

Premium Member
I have no problem with others enjoying the show. I’m glad they do and I’m sure many kids do as well but it is just not Disney caliber by any stretch.

I want people and families to enjoy Disney. I’m a huge fan and spend a tons of money on it and have over the years. I’m not trying to be negative, I’m trying to be honest based on what I am seeing and experiencing with the Disney trends

The problem is not that you don't like the show, or even that you have criticisms of it. The problem is that your assertion that anyone who enjoys this is someone who will "like anything" as opposed to the true Disney fan - you.

Disney has never been above simple fun. Sometimes that fits the bill. Not everything is an E-Ticket or at the level of a nighttime spectacular.

LSLS

So are people genuinely enjoying this with all these crashes, or do people enjoy just laughing at the spectacul?

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
The problem is not that you don't like the show, or even that you have criticisms of it. The problem is that your assertion that anyone who enjoys this is someone who will "like anything" as opposed to the true Disney fan - you.

Disney has never been above simple fun. Sometimes that fits the bill. Not everything is an E-Ticket or at the level of a nighttime spectacular.
I get it but if we all loved these low budget not well thought out/planned shows how do you think the next ones will be designed? As low budget as they can be as long as we Disney fans keep spending more money and are ok with less quality which is the trend I have a problem with….more $ for less in return (or even just what used to be in some cases)

JoeCamel

I get it but if we all loved these low budget not well thought out/planned shows how do you think the next ones will be designed? As low budget as they can be as long as we Disney fans keep spending more money and are ok with less quality which is the trend I have a problem with….more $ for less in return (or even just what used to be in some cases)
Also parades, are they better now?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom